NG.com Candy Marquee International Group Buy

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
249   0   1
I've got a contact in the UK who is making repros for a lot of cabs. Because of international shipping, they're not exactly cheap, but they look like new and work very well! I've got his marquees on a couple of my cabs and will be buying a few more shortly.

Does anyone want any reproduction marquees? I'd be more than happy to let anyone in on a group buy of these who is interested (though i hope this doesn't get TOO crazy)

There should be a list of what's currently available here: http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7179

Here's a list of the marquees that've been requested so far:
Sammybean - paid Franco already
Supasaru: American Atomiswave ???
Adderall: Mini-Cute
l2yan00: Naomi Uni ???
grandmascrack: Astro
FLTCHRR: Astro
NOAH: Q25 (when completed)
ElectricGrave: Astro, Q25, EII (x2?)
JazzyNYC:
Orpheus:

People who need multiples:
ElectricGrave
Sammybean
Noah

LMK if you need anything, and we can split up shipping costs so everyone involved saves. Basically, here's what costs will be:
=Cost of marquee (Most marquees run about 30-40 euros)
+cost of domestic shipping (and any packaging costs, if i have to go out and buy extra packing materials to package all of these)
+fraction of international shipping (based on number/weight of marquees purchased)

I think based on number of marquees ordered, how complicated the marquees are, etc. you could be looking at anywhere from 40 euros (around $55) to around $75 plus another $10 or so for domestic shipping, for each marquee, roughly. That number may vary based on exchange rates, number of marquees purchased, Where you are in the US, and other factors.

IF YOU ARE GETTING IN ON THIS, YOU MUST MUST MUST PAY UP-FRONT. I'm hoping we'll all be able to save some money on this, but I won't do that at the cost of buying someone else marquees or getting stuck with extras or anything like that.

Franco and I have yet to decide whether payment will be sent to me in full and the cost of marquee plus a share of shipping forwarded to him, or whether you will pay him for the marquee + a portion of int'l shipping and pay me separately for domestic shipping. Any profound thoughts on how to best handle this?

The one time I did this before, both the other buyer and I benefitted. I would think with a larger group buy there would be good savings.

Thanks

Collin

Last edited:

Supasaru

Windjammers Wonder
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I need a marquee for an American Atomiswave....

.... which is not at all a Candy Cab, but if he's cutting custom marquees and you need someone in a group buy.... see if he can cut those.

sammybean

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Rating - 98%
98   2   0
I assume you mean FrancoB since I don't think anyone else actually does this. I already placed an order and paid for two to get in before his hiatus. If it actually saves money, feel free to get yours shipped with mine.

JoshuaMiller

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Do you mind checking to see if he can do one for a Konami Windy? It would be more challenging since the screw holes are recessed into the back of the cab, he wouldn't be able to simply cut it from a flat piece of plexi. . .

sammybean

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Rating - 98%
98   2   0
Do you mind checking to see if he can do one for a Konami Windy? It would be more challenging since the screw holes are recessed into the back of the cab, he wouldn't be able to simply cut it from a flat piece of plexi. . .

What he can do:

Sega Naomi
Sega Astro City/Astro City 2/New Astro City
Taito Egret II/3 + Sammy Atomiswave SD
Namco Exceleena 2
Jaleco Pony Mk3 25
Sege Aero City Japanese Style
Sege Aero City Euro Style
Namco Cyberlead
Capcom Cute
Capcom Impress

He does seem to take on new cabs when possible, but without an original marquee's dimensions it wouldn't be possible.

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
249   0   1
I need a marquee for an American Atomiswave....

.... which is not at all a Candy Cab, but if he's cutting custom marquees and you need someone in a group buy.... see if he can cut those.
I'll see if he does those, sure.

I assume you mean FrancoB since I don't think anyone else actually does this. I already placed an order and paid for two to get in before his hiatus. If it actually saves money, feel free to get yours shipped with mine.
Yup! A couple other guys here and I are definitely getting some - would you prefer we have 'em all shipped to you and you can distribute when they're in the states, or do you want to see if he can refund some of your shipping costs to have 'em shipped with mine? I'd be cool either way.

Most definitely. I believe he does but I'll gladly check.

sammybean

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Rating - 98%
98   2   0
If you've already got a few people in on this Collin, I'll let you head this adventure. :)

EDIT: Sent Franco a message and asked if I could get in on your group order :).

Last edited:

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
Rating - 100%
162   0   0
I need one for my Mini Cute!!!

Please count me in!

Last edited:

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
249   0   1
Im in the UK, i could do with one for a Egret II:)

Contact FrancoB on arcadeotaku - he's in Europe. It'd be more cost-effective to have him ship directly to you.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
Rating - 100%
162   0   0
Do you know if he can do the plexi face that covers the monitor too? This is for a mini-cute... the plexi is "smoked" i believe and it curves on each side.... Mine is all scratched up and a few of the scratches are too deep to buff out.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
206   0   0

No sir the windy has a vey complex molded marquee, it can not be reproduced. I searched forever and paid a shit ton of money for the one on my windy. Franco can make the front flat piece of the windy marquee though.

Also I've bought several marquees from francob, I can't say enough good things about his work, and he is awesome to deal with

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
249   0   1
Do you know if he can do the plexi face that covers the monitor too? Mine is all scratched up and a few of the scratches are too deep to buff out.

I doubt it, frankly... sorry :(

l2yan00

Quiz Detective
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
im interested in the naomi marquee but i would need the black base the holds it on as well. im missing the whole unit...

index.php

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
That Mini repro he makes is awesome. The Capcom sticker came out very well when I ordered one in the past. I just wish he could reproduce the Super Neo 29 Marquee.

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
249   0   1
im interested in the naomi marquee but i would need the black base the holds it on as well. im missing the whole unit...

index.php

oooh... have any more pictures of that? I don't think I have that piece on my Uni.... :spock:

Is that gonna be necessary to make a marquee fit in it properly?

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
168   0   0
I picked up a few for New Astros, no regrets, they are great!

sammybean

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Rating - 98%
98   2   0
Just got a message back, I'm in with your order Collin. 1 NAC, 1 Cyberlead.

Got my shipping refunded, so just let me know what my share is when it comes round and I'll get it to you.

Last edited:

grandmascrack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I'm in for 1 for an NAC good sir. Drop me a line when all is said and done regarding how much I owe.

NOAH

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
This group buy is a great idea though it's kinda bad timing for me. I've actually been waiting for this for a while, but I don't think FrancoB ever started the proposed Q25 repro. Would anyone else need one?