NEWSFLASH: KOF2K Auction ENDED!!!

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
The NGF KOF2K auction has been ended by Ebay staff for breaking the posted rules for listing software, and the content of the description.

Keith

HAOHMARU

New Challenger
hehe...maybe they will get banned from ebay
wink.gif

smurphy570

Kula's Candy
besides being silly and talking down to neo fans what official rules did they break?

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Well, I complained to eBay Safe Harbor last night about this, here is the message I sent them:

Subject: Illegal auction of fake videogame item
To: safeharbor@ebay.com

The following auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=464230474

is for a fake version of a Neo Geo videogame. The real game will be released on December 21, 2000, and will be carried by National Console Support, a large import videogame retailer (who I do not work for). The game will retail for $319 upon release.

Here is a link to the NCS website, where they actually make mention of this bogus auction:
http://www.ncsx.com/ncs100900/ncs1009.htm

See the section under the word "retrofit", where they mention the illegal auction.

Here is the SNK Japan website:
http://www.neogeo.co.jp/

Please end this auction immediately, and warn the seller about future auctions of fake items.

Thank you,

xxxxxxxxxx
aka chimpmeister

-------------------------

Safe Harbor has acted on some other auctions I complained about, it would be nice to think that my and/or other people's complaints actually worked this time . . .
smile.gif

Never hurts to try!

Mouse_Master

Staff member
Software, selling a game that has not been officially released for the home market. It is against Ebay rules to list such an item. With NCS posting a comment, I can only assume NCS was asked by Ebay about this, and responded that SNK has not officially released KOF2000 to the home system.

With every sale of the NGF KOF2K home cart, that is one less REAL home cart that will be sold. This hurts, and NGF is hurting chances of see more games this way.

Also, they were offering the rug in the picture as an enticement to bidders if the bid exceeded a certain amount, another no no on Ebay.

And, they were advertising other merchandise in their description instead of just the product for the auction, yet another rule they break. This is an auction, not a place to advertise their 'business.'

And finally, the descriptionis written in a deaming and vulgar tone, against Ebay rules.

These are the same people who laugh at Shawn's site and call it 'unprofessional!' Their auction description, and behavior, is anything BUT professional.

That sums up the reasons it should have been cancelled. I am sure Ebay sent ChrisR the real reason it was cancelled, but they will never tell, they will jsut say how it is great PR for them.

Keith

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Nice description Keith, I think you summed it up right there. I wanted that rug though
smile.gif

Just kidding of course.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
I got a response from eBay today:

Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 11:20:18 -0700
To: chimpmeister
Subject: Re: Illegal auction of fake videogame item (KMM17698434C0KM)

Dear chimpmeister,

Thank you for alerting us to this auction.

The auction in question has been ended by eBay. We really appreciate the terrific help from users like yourself. Together, we can all help keep eBay a safe and fun place to trade! As always, if you have a question
or problem, please contact us and we will gladly assist you. If you would like to report a questionable item please visit:
http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ReportInfringing

Regards,

Bob M.
eBay Community Watch Team

So, I guess sometimes it DOES pay to report scumbags to Safe Harbor!!!! Adios to that fucking obnoxious auction, Dion and Chris!!!

Oh, and the jerkoff rug is probably pretty dirty anyway, after what Dion and Chris do with it all the time . . .
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

wjw123

Krauser's Henchman
Dear chimpmeister,

WAY TO GO! Thanks I would have done it if you didn't.

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
Every time I reported them, they told me that they couldnt close it because SNK wasnt part of their Vero program, and I had no proof. I think the links to the web sites are what did it.

G

gokusama26

I reported him a few days ago for software piracy, but all I got was an eBay form letter stating that they would investigate it. Maybe yours was the straw that broke tha camels back.

JRock917

, ,
Excellent work Mr Chimp! I am delighted to see at least ONE of NFG's scams stopped dead in its tracks; I guess the next thing is, will they try it again? Considering their track record, I imagine they would. I would love to see how they might attempt turn this kind of publicity into a "positive"; I think the only way they can is by doing what they do best, and bullshitting their way through it. The most disgusting part of it all- that damn rug- is one of the most offensive parts of that whole auction, for NGF to insinuate that people are that desperate for their crap that they might actually consider selling the stupid thing to the "big tymer" who won the auction. If having "brass balls" is what I earn for having wasted my hard earned money on illegal scam crap, I will be happy to settle with what I was born with.

Mouse_Master

Staff member
Its nice to know that NGF posted that URL (Would be my guess, since it came from AOL!)

Too bad you could not get your story straight between the propaganda site and the auction description!

Keith

B

back by popular demand

WE provide the games NOW!!! Why wait 2 to 3 months? Big TYMERS don't need to wait. Cash talks. Is an official KoF2000 AES even coming from SNK? I wonder ? ??????????? ?????????? ????? ????????? ??????????? ???????? ????????????????????? ????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????? ????????????? ?? ???????????????? ?????????????? ??????????? ????????????? ????????? ???????????????? ??????????????????? ?????????????????

Mouse_Master

Staff member
And obviously do not care about hurting any future home cart releases. It will be released,, that is guarenteed.

And, I thought you all always used your real names, guess you all can't do that either!

B

back by popular demand

Why wait close to 3 months? Big Tymers don't need, want, or have to wait. All others are just pinching and crying about their money situations.

HAOHMARU

New Challenger
Hmmm...lets see. Buy now for $1500+ or I can wait until December and get it for $300.

That is a tough choice
rolleyes.gif

[This message has been edited by HAOHMARU (edited October 13, 2000).]

B

back by popular demand

Future AES cart releases? You think there will be more? What about games like Shock Troopers, Breaker's Revenge, and PI2? If anything NGF promotes sales. We have bought over 50 copies of KoF99 for people needing all the big games. I think there are pictures in this neo-geo.com place that show all these games (Strikers, PI2, Ganryu from NGF). That person needed those AES games, and NGF delivered. At the same time we helped SNK by buying their MVS carts and AES carts for conversions. NGF wins all the way.

HAOHMARU

New Challenger
Ok buddy ok...NGF gets all the suckers to pay for overpriced software. That is how I see it.

Hey there is this thing on your keyboard, it is called the enter key.

You should use it sometime...

Mouse_Master

Staff member
Einstein, you are forgetting one fact, Strikers didn't work and it looked like a 10 year put it together!
smile.gif
I saw the pictures, I read the critiques, no where near quality work. COuld I do better? No, but if I paid $1200 the work better be superior to the crap that Shawn got!

Keith

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Even a game of Jeopardy (or in the case of this auction Gyp-Parody) would you never see so many question marks in one post! If only they made prozack in MVS or AES formats for NGF to convert...

Well, it's obvious that the so called legions of loyal NGF Big Tymers are VERY LITTLE... why else would they have to go through the trouble of reposting the auction after it got taken down in the first place? And so QUICKLY TOO! Damn...
<sarcasm>they must be either really generous<sarcasm>
or
<truth>they must be REALLY desperate for some cash after all the useless SNK stuff they bought<truth>

Here's another idea... why don't you guys put up one of <myth>your official cart<myth> for the tournament that's happening in Berkeley next weekend?

Gee... don't you guys just LOVE the new NGML (Neo Geo Markup Language)?

G

gokusama26

I was looking at NGFUSA's feedback, and noticed some feedbacks that were exceedingly positive like "greatest seller ever" or High 5!" and they were from users who I am sure are either Dion or Chris. Dkd4? I know that is Dion. NEOUSA? That I'm not sure of, but this seems fishy. Does anyone else think he has Chris or himself (with dkd4) bid on his auctions, till they close, and leave himself positive feedback?

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Originally posted by gokusama26:
I was looking at NGFUSA's feedback, and noticed some feedbacks that were exceedingly positive like "greatest seller ever" or High 5!" and they were from users who I am sure are either Dion or Chris. Dkd4? I know that is Dion. NEOUSA? That I'm not sure of, but this seems fishy. Does anyone else think he has Chris or himself (with dkd4) bid on his auctions, till they close, and leave himself positive feedback?

Take a look at some of the responses he has, and you'll quickly see that MANY of him is from the same fabled buyer or buyers who just happened to hit the return or the reload key about 5 or 10 times. How else could he get so many positive posts from so many people, at the EXACT SAME TIME?

You just gotta love modern technology...
tongue.gif

JRock917

, ,
well I guess NGF has to post their own positive feedback, it sure isnt going to come from us.