New to Neo Geo AES (Childhood Dream Come True!)

Debu

n00b
Hi,

I have a NEO GEO AES High Serial Number.
It said to use a PRO-POW3 adapter only.

I'm OK with using a non-OEM model for power.

I heard Genesis Model 1 is OK to use, the voltage is 9V, but it has plenty of Amperage.

Is there anything you are using and could recommend?

Thanks,
Debu

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Hi,

I have a NEO GEO AES High Serial Number.
It said to use a PRO-POW3 adapter only.

I'm OK with using a non-OEM model for power.

I heard Genesis Model 1 is OK to use, the voltage is 9V, but it has plenty of Amperage.

Is there anything you are using and could recommend?

Thanks,
Debu

Voltage and polarity should be matched, and use the same or higher amps.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
From Jamma-Nation-X

Under NeoGeo -> AES -> Power Supply - How to choose the right replacement

http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/tutorials.html

psuaes.jpg

http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/images/psuaes.jpg

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I mean you could have just posted the link to it. Kinda defeats the purpose to have people visit my site.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
While definitely good intentions... HMG proving he a stupid bitch all over again.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
While definitely good intentions... HMG proving he a stupid bitch all over again.

I wonder how many of Craig's posts do not contain "stupid bitch" in them. Not that he's incorrect about the phrase usage, just curious.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I wonder how many of Craig's posts do not contain "stupid bitch" in them. Not that he's incorrect about the phrase usage, just curious.

If I'm not paying attention and don't notice that it's Craig sometimes I'm like holy smokes! :eek:

...Then scroll down and see his sig and I instantly realize that I'm a stupid bitch.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
n00bs n00bs EVERYWHERE in Tech....

I don't know if i'm coming or going most days in here...

xROTx

PS. Wrong Tech Forum... moved...

EDIT: They'll get there eventually... it's be like watching your kids grow and learn not to put their fingers in the live plug socket.... **sheds tear...**

DaveGeorge

NEST Puppet
I use a euro MD1 power supply on my japanese AES (also a pow3) and it has been working fine for years so a genesis1 shouldn't be a problem.

...and now as I'm typing this I realise that you've already bought another heh. :P Anyway, hope you'll enjoy your new system.

Debu

n00b
I use a euro MD1 power supply on my japanese AES (also a pow3) and it has been working fine for years so a genesis1 shouldn't be a problem.

...and now as I'm typing this I realise that you've already bought another heh. :P Anyway, hope you'll enjoy your new system.

Yeah, I realized I didn't have another Genesis Model 1 Power supply so I just grabbed the official SNK one. But until it arrives, I can at least play KoF 98!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
now wait for your childhood dreams to be crushed by ridiculous cart prices.

Debu

n00b
Yeah, I only own King of Fighters 98....probably the only one for awhile. But its cool to have one finally!

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I mean you could have just posted the link to it. Kinda defeats the purpose to have people visit my site.

I don't know how to obtain a link to an article without just linking to the image directly.

On a somewhat related note, I checked my AES3-3 deck and it says on the label to use PRO-POW adapter only, even though the motherboard inside is clearly meant to take a 9v - 11v adapter.

Last edited: