New Star Wars stuff announced

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I hope we don’t see an inquisitor/sith redemption arc. That’d be garbage.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Third Sister is almost definitely going to die before the end of this season. We don't see her in anything set after this. If she gets "redeemed" it'll be in a self sacrifice.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
No one's ever really gone.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Egghead lead inquisitor dude got redeemed in Rebels, so I wouldn't put it past them to do the same with Reva. Her name is inspired from Revan so it's even more likely.

That's just Star Wars rules. If you're a Sith, chances are you'll be redeemed at some point in the story, probably just before you die.

If you're a regular ol' bad guy that makes a living on a Star Destroyer and you're not the main villain, you're irredeemable and will eventually get blasted or exploded real good. Some rare exceptions like Bill Burr's character in Mando, but that's it.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Egghead lead inquisitor dude got redeemed in Rebels, so I wouldn't put it past them to do the same with Reva. Her name is inspired from Revan so it's even more likely.
What? No he didn't. He tried to kill a child, got his ass whooped, and fell to his death into an exploding generator.

That stuff in the Jedi Temple after his death wasn't really him, it was a projection created by Yoda to test Kanan.

Last edited:

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I thought that was actually him. Force ghost him anyways.

Been a minute since I've watched Rebels, I could be misremembering.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I thought that was actually him. Force ghost him anyways.

Been a minute since I've watched Rebels, I could be misremembering.
It's not him. The creators of the show said that the Grand Inquisitor was indeed a former temple guard, but the version of him that Kanan fights is entirely conjured by Yoda as a means of teaching:

I don't read the comics, but apparently the Grand Inquisitor's essence or whatever is captured by Vader after his body is disintegrated and he spends several years stuck guarding some location. Luke himself goes there and defeats him some time in between Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.
After the Pau'an's death over Mustafar, the former Jedi Grand Master Yoda utilized a vision of the Grand Inquisitor as his former Jedi Temple Guard self to appear before Jarrus in the Jedi Temple on Lothal. In the vision, this Sentinel warned Jarrus that Bridger could fall to the dark side, and the two engaged in a lightsaber duel. After Jarrus refused to fight any further, the Sentinel knighted Jarrus and told him he was a Jedi Knight as the Grand Inquisitor once was. But despite the Inquisitor's physical death, Vader still had use for him. The Dark Lord of the Sith was able to prevent the Inquisitor's spirit from passing on, instead tying it down to a Jedi outpost on Tempes. Here his spirit remained, killing all those who sought Jedi knowledge. After losing his lightsaber in 3 ABY, Vader's own son Luke Skywalker encountered the Inquisitor's spirit on Tempes. The two engaged in a duel that saw the young Skywalker come out victorious. As punishment for allowing the boy to escape, Vader refused the Pau'an's pleas to be set free from his prison, leaving him to guard the outpost for what the Inquisitor believed would be an eternity.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I’ll get around to it, maybe. Too many episodes for the time being.

Yeah I’m like that too. Feel I should have watched it when I was younger but didn’t and now alot of it looks too cringe to waddle through. The voice acting is terrible, and it’s a bit cutesy so it can satisfy the teens audience it is going for.

There is a ‘essentials‘ list of Clone Wars episodes on Disney+, that might be worth crewing through to avoid the dross episodes and get the story highlights.

Kindof annoying. Obiwan is a Jedi master one of the best saber duelists ever and he never uses it or the force at all. I guess i understand weakening him down to give the series some tension but its too much for me and seems unbelievable.

As others said he’s been closed out from the force for 10 years and is very rusty and clumsy in its use. He is also physically weaker having done no training in that time. He might prove a match for the Inquisitors one on one but Vader at full strength is too far a step for him right now. I am getting Clint Eastwood in Unforgiven vibes here through, and I expect by the end of series episode 6 Obi-wan will be a bad ass again.

And yeah, Third Sister is probably going to turn to the Jedi. Feels like a redemption arc for Obi-wan to complete - he can’t save Anakin but he can save her.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Obiwan Ep 4: Spoilers ahoy!

The Empire continues to be 1000% inept.

@famicommander and other nerds (@HornheaDD): were any of the dead jedi we see previously established characters or just randoms?

Shouldnt Obiwan’s lightsaber be cutting limbs off, even of stormtroopers? Or they just intentionally toning down the violence? (Budget…?) I know Star Wars isn’t bloody but dudes were getting hit and just falling down. Dumb.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
The Empire continues to be 1000% inept.

Seriously. A whole hangar bay full of TIEs was clearly visible when they arrived, but apparently they don't have a standard patrol for possibly the most important base in the Empire. Ok, sure. But then, with alarms blaring, the base is seemingly not even locked down AND they still don't have a single TIE in the air to intercept two incoming speeders?

Story wise, this episode was maybe ok. There were some weird, glaring CGI shots that looked cheap including one shot where I'm pretty sure two foreground stormtroopers were added in, which was super bizarre. Obi-Wan seemed a better fit as a rusty Jedi this time, but coming off an episode where he had completely lost his touch and now he's holding back the ocean? The fuck? It isn't like he had a growing moment in between he mostly seemed like he headed to the inquisitor base because he felt obligated but never gave off the vibe that he thought he could pull it off. He's super dour, a sad sack that has given up on life but still wants to save Leia. Why? He doesn't seem motivated to do it, he's just doing it because the story needs him to.

Lightsaber choreography overall seemed...clumsy? The whole 'ghost' lightsaber fight wasn't too believable with the faint red glow from the torture machine and pretty sure that at least the second trooper would have just been firing indiscriminately, yet neither one got off a shot.

It's not horrible, it's just so mediocre that I would tend to say it's bad. It's the same quality as Boba Fett. Just kinda boring and a slow build for something that's only 6 episodes, they are going to have to stuff a lot in to wrap up plotlines in the next two episodes and I'm pretty sure we will just be racing to the end.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
So the only character I sorta recognized was the very first person that Obi Wan looked at. If I'm correct, he was an old Jedi that was in the archives and helped Ahsoka learn... Something?

I wanna say it was this dude:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220608-200521.png
    Screenshot_20220608-200521.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 2

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Seriously. A whole hangar bay full of TIEs was clearly visible when they arrived, but apparently they don't have a standard patrol for possibly the most important base in the Empire. Ok, sure. But then, with alarms blaring, the base is seemingly not even locked down AND they still don't have a single TIE in the air to intercept two incoming speeders?

Story wise, this episode was maybe ok. There were some weird, glaring CGI shots that looked cheap including one shot where I'm pretty sure two foreground stormtroopers were added in, which was super bizarre. Obi-Wan seemed a better fit as a rusty Jedi this time, but coming off an episode where he had completely lost his touch and now he's holding back the ocean? The fuck? It isn't like he had a growing moment in between he was mostly seemed like he headed to the inquisitor base because he felt obligated but never gave off the vibe that he thought he could pull it off. He's super dour, a sad sack that has given up on life but still wants to save Leia. Why? He doesn't seem .motivated to do it, he's just doing it because the story needs him to.

Lightsaber choreography overall seemed...clumsy? The whole 'ghost' lightsaber fight wasn't too believable with the faint red glow from the torture machine and pretty sure that at least the second trooper would have just been firing indiscriminately, yet neither one out off a shot.

It's not horrible, it's just so mediocre that I would tend to say it's bad. It's the same quality as Boba Fett. Just kinda boring and a slow build for something that's only 6 episodes, they are going to have to stuff a lot in to wrap up plotlines in the next two episodes and I'm pretty sure we will just be racing to the end.

Yeah, the escape at the end was the part that for me was really dumb. At least someone died, but it should have been that woman spy. I guess she is still important to the story? It would have made a lot more sense if she had sacrificed herself to save Ben and Leia. They could have even made it so she sacrificed herself in a similar manner to how Obi-Wan does - showing him that regular people were still willing to give their all against the empire. Maybe that’s coming later.

But airspeeders and some bullshit transport, really?

Like I get the “the base is unshielded” thing is supposed to reflect the empire’s hubris, but…come on. This is just dumb.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
So the only character I sorta recognized was the very first person that Obi Wan looked at. If I'm correct, he was an old Jedi that was in the archives and helped Ahsoka learn... Something?

I wasn’t sure if they were doing any callbacks for Super Fans or not.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Ultimately I think the only one of these live action shows with the potential to be as good as or better than Mandalorian is Ahsoka, and that's because Filoni has complete control of that one.

I genuinely think Boba Fett was only made because they had the Tattooine sets sitting around and they already had the actor contracted from his guest appearance as Boba and his future appearances as various clone troopers (you know we're seeing Rex and Cody at some point).

Obi-Wan is just poorly written.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I wasn’t sure if they were doing any callbacks for Super Fans or not.
It was confirmed (or at least closely) that it was that character. Someone said that you can see Quinlan Voss in one of the tanks, but going by what Tala said in the previous episode, she says he "helps every now and then" meaning he's likely alive. Unless he IS dead and she just doesn't know it.

Also - poor Lola. And they name dropped Hondo Onaka's home planet lol. Ahsoka BETTER at least feature the galaxy's most infamous smuggler/pirate one time!

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Ultimately I think the only one of these live action shows with the potential to be as good as or better than Mandalorian is Ahsoka, and that's because Filoni has complete control of that one.

I genuinely think Boba Fett was only made because they had the Tattooine sets sitting around and they already had the actor contracted from his guest appearance as Boba and his future appearances as various clone troopers (you know we're seeing Rex and Cody at some point).

Obi-Wan is just poorly written.

They love that Tatooine set.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Star Wars fans are beaten wives complete with gaslighting from the abuser pretending they're the problem.

famicommander

15 Year Member

This guy's whole deal was teaching Ahsoka patience.

She loses her lightsaber and is panicked about getting it back before she gets in trouble. He helps her out and in the process they uncover some more serious issue and solve that too, if I recall.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
This guy's whole deal was teaching Ahsoka patience.

She loses her lightsaber and is panicked about getting it back before she gets in trouble. He helps her out and in the process they uncover some more serious issue and solve that too, if I recall.
Ah yes, that's where Barris shows up. I couldn't remember what the ep was about.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Star Wars fans are beaten wives complete with gaslighting from the abuser pretending they're the problem.

I don’t think anyone here on this site is under any illusions about what Star Wars always was and what it has become.

I was genuinely surprised by how low it sank though with the sequels and the absolutely inane decisions that were made.

As someone said above: all the live action shows are trash except Mando.

I actually genuinely like Mando. I wish it was just a little darker and a little grittier, but it’s a fun show. We’ll see how long it can go on now that hopefully returning Grogu to his people is no longer the driving storyline.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Actually good:
1. Clone Wars
2. Rebels
3. The Mandalorian
4. The Bad Batch

Skip everything else released after Return of the Jedi. If you have a younger relative that likes Star Wars, Resistance is fine. I don't hate Solo or Rogue One but they're not necessary at all.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Actually good:
1. Clone Wars
2. Rebels
3. The Mandalorian
4. The Bad Batch

Skip everything else released after Return of the Jedi. If you have a younger relative that likes Star Wars, Resistance is fine. I don't hate Solo or Rogue One but they're not necessary at all.

So…Mandalorian as I said lol.

The rest is just animated fan fiction :emb:

Just kidding, but yeah I was referring to the live action stuff in so far as “good” Star Wars.

Rogue One was forgettable and Solo had one scene only that I thought was truly inspired.