New Star Wars stuff announced

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Boba Fett finale was alright.

I don't think we need to see Robert Rodriguez direct any future episodes. If I were to rank this season's episodes, the four he didn't direct would be the top four.

Yeah the finale was alright, some enjoyable, albeit predictable moments.

Maybe they could have done more in 8-10 Episodes. All felt a bit too rushed at the end particularly given we straight up have two Mando episodes in the middle of the series.

Was finally glad to see Boba Fett kick ass for once even if he still appears to not be the most competent lol.

I wonder if we’ll see Fett again?

Mando stood with Boba, Will Mando call on Boba in the future when he needs help?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Spoiler:
I wonder if in Mando we’ll see a flashback scene to Grogu having to choose? I’m curious where they’re going to take his character in the context of the Mandalorian

I’m glad the Marshall isn’t dead. Another possible recurring character for Mando since what’s-her-name is now gone?

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
I wonder if we’ll see Fett again?

Mando stood with Boba, Will Mando call on Boba in the future when he needs help?

Of course we will. Boba owes Mando now. You know it'll come up and we'll see him even if it's just him sending Shand to go bail out Mando.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Of course we will. Boba owes Mando now. You know it'll come up and we'll see him even if it's just him sending Shand to go bail out Mando.

Sure, if it’s a comic or a book I agree it is inevitable but getting an actor to come back isn’t as easy. I’m thinking more from a studio/contractual standpoint I guess.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Sure, if it’s a comic or a book I agree it is inevitable but getting an actor to come back isn’t as easy. I’m thinking more from a studio/contractual standpoint I guess.
Oh come on... WTF has Morrison done lately? I don't even recall seeing him do any non-SW stuff (prolly something I'd imagine, but dunno wat). Besides, didney likes makin peeps sign redic long contracts as they love milkin shit till it's dead and then a lil more.

There should be no reason he's got anything better to do. Plus I'd bet good $ he's already contracted to be in Mando again if not that and then some.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I hope so. Seeing multiple Mandalorians together is rad and I’m sure S3 Mando is headed that direction.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The only thing preventing me from watching Clone Wars and Rebels is the number of episodes. I’m looking at, what, 200? Yikes.

10 Episode seasons was the best thing that ever happened to TV.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
The only thing preventing me from watching Clone Wars and Rebels is the number of episodes. I’m looking at, what, 200? Yikes.

To be fair, they're only 22 minutes long including opening and ending credits. Half hour runtime with no commercials and they breeze by.

Also, there is a 100% chance we'll see more Boba because the actor isn't going anywhere. There's no way Rex doesn't pop up at some point, most likely in Ahsoka.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

Thank the BBC for popularizing shorter seasons.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Spoiler:
I wonder if in Mando we’ll see a flashback scene to Grogu having to choose? I’m curious where they’re going to take his character in the context of the Mandalorian

I’m glad the Marshall isn’t dead. Another possible recurring character for Mando since what’s-her-name is now gone?

Spoiler:
You're referring to the unpersoned Cara Dune?

Spoiler:
The final episode was good, a bit overstuffed.

There was some weak fight choreography, the worst by far being when the Red Mod Ranger does a spin move before shooting a Pike that already had the jump on them, fucking lol.

I thought the Rancor bit was good, but I had two issues with it overall. I sorta wish they either staged their last stand at the Palace or that Danny Trejo could have brought it to the fight rather than Boba having to disappear for a bit. It was rather awkward for him to have to brb in the middle of the everything. I also really wish they had found a way for the garrison to destroy one of the droids, the Rancor taking care of both was kinda ehhh...that whole garrison should have been wiped out by the time he got there.

And once again, this should have just been titled Mandalorian Season 3.

famicommander

15 Year Member
May 25th for Obi Wan.

Rupert Friend has been cast in the series as The Grand Inquisitor:
grandinquisitor.png

famicommander

15 Year Member
PastelJadedErin-max-1mb.gif

Grand Inquisitor vs Kanan Jarrus is one of the cooler fights in the franchise

famicommander

15 Year Member
CGI fights don’t count.
That fight could've been done in live action. What makes it cool is that it's unconventional. Kanan is using two lightsabers, one of which has a stun blaster built into the hilt. The whole reason he's an interesting character is because he's not a conventional Jedi. He didn't complete his original training, he takes a wife, he'll fight with blasters or hand to hand, he embraces his emotions without succumbing to the dark side. In terms of power he's not even remotely on the scale of Luke, Vader, Dooku, Maul, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Ahsoka, Palpatine, etc so he relies on other skills.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
That fight could've been done in live action. What makes it cool is that it's unconventional. Kanan is using two lightsabers, one of which has a stun blaster built into the hilt. The whole reason he's an interesting character is because he's not a conventional Jedi. He didn't complete his original training, he takes a wife, he'll fight with blasters or hand to hand, he embraces his emotions without succumbing to the dark side. In terms of power he's not even remotely on the scale of Luke, Vader, Dooku, Maul, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Ahsoka, Palpatine, etc so he relies on other skills.

I’m not interested in the Jedi.

Every decision with the direction of the Jedi since 1999 has been the wrong one IMO.

Some of the stuff is kind of cool but meh.

Last edited:

famicommander

15 Year Member
"We have to protect the city, should we maybe use our ship and rancor from the beginning?"

"No. We need to give two pig guys some axes and put them up on a cliff for some reason, spread a few teenage scooter punks around the city, and then just have an armorless wookie standing around by himself. That'll hold off a full scale invasion of a criminal syndicate as well as four entire traitorous street gangs!"

famicommander

15 Year Member
Fett’s “Army” indeed made no sense.
And, in typical Star Wars fashion, can't nobody hit shit with a blaster. Huge groups of people running through the streets being chased by other huge groups of people and/or a giant droid, exchanging laser fire the whole way, and almost nobody got hit unless they had beskar armor and/or wookie durability.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Palpatine chose the wrong apprentice. It pleases me to see Darth Maul's staying power, he's arguably the coolest thing from the prequels.FB_IMG_16446707595944369.jpg

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
And, in typical Star Wars fashion, can't nobody hit shit with a blaster. Huge groups of people running through the streets being chased by other huge groups of people and/or a giant droid, exchanging laser fire the whole way, and almost nobody got hit unless they had beskar armor and/or wookie durability.
I know, right? You'd think they'd have Contra homing guns that you can't miss with at Star Wars level of technology. I mean, you can travel through hyperspace and replace lost appendages with robotic ones but nobody's invented a smarter gun yet?