New Star Wars stuff announced

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
i have seen the first 2 episodes of bad batch so far and liked it, just wish they didnt have a kid in it
"the annoying kid" from both Clone Wars and Rebels turned out to be two of the most fleshed out and dynamic characters in all of Star Wars. There are a lot of interesting ways they can go with the Omega character.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
"the annoying kid" from both Clone Wars and Rebels turned out to be two of the most fleshed out and dynamic characters in all of Star Wars. There are a lot of interesting ways they can go with the Omega character.
Absolutely agreed.

Ahsoka and Ezra are my two favorite SW characters, Luke and Han included.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Dave Filoni has been promoted to executive creative director at Lucasfilm. Only the President and Executive Vice President of the company are above him now.

Well deserved. He understands Star Wars and cares about it as much as anyone short of Lucas himself.

famicommander

15 Year Member
So Fennec Shand from Mandalorian has popped up here.

When I first saw her I was like, "If she's grown by this point she'd have to be almost 60 by Mando for this to make sense"

*looks up her age*

This woman is fucking 57 years old:
240px-Fennec_Shand.jpg

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
So Fennec Shand from Mandalorian has popped up here.

When I first saw her I was like, "If she's grown by this point she'd have to be almost 60 by Mando for this to make sense"

*looks up her age*

This woman is fucking 57 years old:
240px-Fennec_Shand.jpg
Yeah dude. Asian women don't age for about 75 years. Then they flash-age to 200 years old.

Thats the 90s Street Fighter Chun Li lol

famicommander

15 Year Member
I thought it was a stronger episode of Bad Batch this week but it's pretty slowly paced so far. They're spending a lot of time on slice of life stuff.

Hopefully they start advancing the main arc soon.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Mandalorian season 3 hasn't started filming yet, so it probably won't arrive until late 2022.

The Book of Boba Fett will be the next live action season to hit, which will be December 2021. It is a potential ongoing series, meaning if it does well they will order more seasons like Mandalorian.

The anime anthology Visions will still hit in 2021 as well. It will consist of 10 unrelated short films from various creators.

The Obi-Wan limited series is filming now, with Deborah Chow (who directed two episodes of Mandalorian) as the showrunner. It should drop in the middle of 2022 and will have 6 episodes. The Cassian Andor limited series should finish production sometime in the next month or so and debut in early 2022, with 12 episodes.

Not yet started filming:
Ahsoka (limited)
Lando (limited)
The Acolyte (potential ongoing)
New Republic Rangers (potential ongoing)

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I hope Ahsoka isn't only limited, and if it is, they change their minds.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Man, I have zero interest in an Obi-Wan series...

I’ll be sad to go so long without Mando.

I’m Cautiously optimistic with regard to the Boba Fett show. I’ll watch it because I’m curious what new lore they’re creating for Boba Fett.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I only enter this thread once in a while to find out who the hell still gives one single fuck about Star Wars? Who is still somehow hanging on?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I only enter this thread once in a while to find out who the hell still gives one single fuck about Star Wars? Who is still somehow hanging on?

I like the Mandalorian.

What about you?

Well I actually like Fantasy Flight Games tabletop Star Wars RPGs too, but I run the games in my interpretation of Star Wars so, sequels be damned!

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Actually, I would watch the Mandalorian except I don't have (and won't get) Disney+. But even if it's good, I have a hard time believing i could be good enough to erase the stink of the past decade.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Actually, I would watch the Mandalorian except I don't have (and won't get) Disney+. But even if it's good, I have a hard time believing i could be good enough to erase the stink of the past decade.
One of the reasons it's been so popular is because it's done that for a good number of fans. It's a great series.

Regardless, Star Wars, Star Trek, and Dr. Who are sci-fi franchises that will be around until the end of time. There will never be a shortage of fucks given.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I hope Ahsoka isn't only limited, and if it is, they change their minds.
It is announced as a limited series so far. I think they are intending it to close the Ezra Bridger story thread.

I think they may have other plans for the character. We know she'll pop up again in Mando and in New Republic Rangers. She'll probably pop up this season on the animated side in Bad Batch as well.

She's Filoni's favorite character and he is continuously growing in power at Lucasfilm so it wouldn't surprise me at all to see her get her own film or a major role in someone else's.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

I think Mando is on Blu-Ray now. I used a free month of D+ to watch the first season and then I subbed to Disney plus for the duration of the second season then promptly canceled my subscription upon its conclusion.

Only streaming service I have these days is Amazon video from my Prime sub. But lately I could do without prime.

famicommander

15 Year Member
People who have been watching the television shows.

There's nothing that can be done about how the sequel and prequel films turned out and nobody here is defending them.

But all the animated shows and The Mandalorian have been great going all the way back to the early 2000s.

With so many shows about to come out some of them are bound to suck, but all of them they've done so far have absolutely delivered what they should. Resistance is aimed at young kids (more so than Star Wars already is) but Clone Wars (both the Tartakovsky micro series and the later animated series), Rebels, Mandalorian, Bad Batch, and Forces of Destiny (micro series) all turned out awesome.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Only streaming service I have these days is Amazon video from my Prime sub. But lately I could do without prime.
Have you watched Undone on Prime? It's one of the better originals in my opinion. Rotoscoped animation, scifi/psychological thriller/comedy/drama. Rosa Salazar, Bob Odenkirk. From the creators of Bojack Horseman.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Yeah dude. Asian women don't age for about 75 years. Then they flash-age to 200 years old.

Thats the 90s Street Fighter Chun Li lol
My government professor in college married a Thai woman and told us pretty much that same thing: no aging for decades, then, BAM, you wake up one morning and she looks ancient.

Back on topic, I'm not going to lie, LEGOs and children's books are pretty much the only Star Wars things I'm even interested in anymore, and moreso kits based on the original trilogy. I do pick up others on occasion, typically Prequels and Clone Wars, but I did grab the Mandalorian AT-ST too.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Have you watched Undone on Prime? It's one of the better originals in my opinion. Rotoscoped animation, scifi/psychological thriller/comedy/drama. Rosa Salazar, Bob Odenkirk. From the creators of Bojack Horseman.

I’ll have to check it out.

My main shows I’ve been following on Amazon are Bosch and the Expanse.

I have watched a few other series but those only ones that stick out for me.

famicommander

15 Year Member
I’ll have to check it out.

My main shows I’ve been following on Amazon are Bosch and the Expanse.

I have watched a few other series but those only ones that stick out for me.
Undone is a quick watch. Season 2 is in production right now but season 1 is 8 episodes at 30 minutes a pop. First episode does a lot of setup before it gets nuts.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
There's nothing that can be done about how the sequel and prequel films turned out and nobody here is defending them.
It wasn't even the horrible sequels that ended my lifelong obsession with Star Wars. It was the ugliness of the fandom that soured me on the franchise, more than anything else. It's like you could think some politician might be good for the country, but if you go to a rally and it turns out 70% of the people there are also David Duke supporters, it's time to rethink everything from the ground up.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The worst mishandling of the franchise aside from shitty films has been the video games.

What legitimately good Star Wars games are there since the prequels came out?

Knights of the Old Republic
Podracer (lol)
Force Unleashed maybe?
Jedi Fallen Order...?

EA’s tripe is just that. Battlefront, Squadrons, et al. Just meh garbage. Their used to be a lot of interesting PC Star Wars titles including RTS and the flight sims. Oh well.

Oh well.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I enjoyed the Old Republic MMO for a little while, but then I stopped playing.

The shows have been great. The movies other than Rogue One have been bantha pudu.

famicommander

15 Year Member
This week was the best episode of Bad Batch so far. Significant progress on the main story arc, major guest star, good self contained story.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Barriss Offee will appear in the live action Ahsoka show. The character debuted in Attack of the Clones in a cameo as Master Luminara's padawan. She then appeared in 13 episodes of the Clone Wars and one Forces of Destiny short.

Originally a friend and peer of Ahsoka, Barriss eventually grew disillusioned with the Jedi and bombed the temple, killing several people and framing Ahsoka for the crime. Ahsoka was then cast out of the order. Eventually she proved her innocence and was offered the chance to return, but ultimately walked away after the Council refused to trust her.

So it makes a lot of sense that Barriss would appear in the show. She was last seen being arrested in Clone Wars, so it will be interesting to see how she survived Order 66. Maybe because she betrayed the Jedi, Palpatine gave her a job?