New Star Wars stuff announced

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
What’s the interest in a post-prequel Obi-Wan story? Are we now to believe he wasn’t in hiding on tattooine the majority of the time?

I don’t get it.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
If all the shows are as good as Mandalorian, Clone Wars, and Rebels then it'll be awesome. With this many shows they could easily fuck it all up though.

Pretty sure you answered your own question here. Nothing has ever been made better by oversaturating the market.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
What’s the interest in a post-prequel Obi-Wan story? Are we now to believe he wasn’t in hiding on tattooine the majority of the time?

I don’t get it.

It's not hard to believe he had a couple interesting adventures in the 20 year span between the trilogies.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

I don’t get it.
Maybe they'll tell the story of how he became so impossibly old in the mere 19 years between episodes 3 and 4.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I think they're over reaching with that many projects, but, I suspect several will get cancelled though.

These big projectile vomit reveals are meant to artificially inflate Disney's stocks. That's why they do this stuff for Marvel - show a big screen with a bunch of logos. Most of these won't get made or will take years and years before they're on the screen.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
i can never not see Ahsoka as an annoying tween.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Maybe they'll tell the story of how he became so impossibly old in the mere 19 years between episodes 3 and 4.

Meh. Desert planet. Harsh climate. Weathered face by the two suns. Not so unbelievable if you want to believe what I wrote.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
They need to make a Star Wars comedy: The misadventures of Jar Jar Banks. That has winner written all over it :tickled:

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Also Disney+ price going up a buck a month.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Meh. Desert planet. Harsh climate. Weathered face by the two suns. Not so unbelievable if you want to believe what I wrote.

Yeah, no.

Not unless Obi Wan is like 40 in Revenge of the Sith.

How old is Luke in A New Hope and then in Return of the Jedi?

Empire was around for what 25 years max, maybe?

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Obi wan was like mid to late 30s in Revenge of the Sith. You add 19years, that's close to 60years old.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Obi wan was like mid to late 30s in Revenge of the Sith. You add 19years, that's close to 60years old.

Eh...it still doesn’t really add up. I think some suspension of disbelief is needed to bridge that gap.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I think the sequels maybe have a less coherent story than the prequels and that really hurts me to say. Ffff.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Dealing with that twat Anakin for all those years prematurely aged Obi Wan, fucking Jawas under Tatooine's harsh desert suns did the rest (Jawas feel like dry beef jerky no matter how much bantha poodoo you use for lube).

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Not close enough. You add less than 20 years to a 35 year old, that's pretty much early 50s. And Obi Wan in episode 4 looks and moves like he's approaching 70.

And if you say that, then he was supposed to be near 30 in Phantom Menace when he was still rocking the kid haircut as a young apprentice. Ehhhhh.

If this all works for you, that's cool. It doesn't work for most of us.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Im worried that with this much going on theyre going to burn out like the movies did. At the start Rogue One was great and Force awakens was somewhat passable then look what happened. Mandalorian is starting us out awesomely, I just hope history doesn't repeat itself.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Rogue One is the most overrated chunk of shit in the past 15 years. Horribly-structured mess with wafer-thin characters held together by dollops of fan service. Des ordures, as the French would say.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Rogue One is the most overrated chunk of shit in the past 15 years. Horribly-structured mess with wafer-thin characters held together by dollops of fan service. Des ordures, as the French would say.

It had vader for 5 seconds. That was the movie for me. And compared to last jedi and rise of skywalker its practically shawshank redemption.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Rogue One was pointless bullshit. A boring, meaningless story that didn't need to be told at all. Who fucking cares about any of those characters or how Leia got the Death Star tapes? There have, literally, been Star Wara video games with better stories. Hell, there have been better Star Wara video games about how Leia got the Death Star tapes.

A Dash Rendar centered TV series would have been better than any of the shit they're shovelling out. A Buck Rogers/Flash Gordon kinda guy flying around the galaxy getting into different kinds of capers from week to week in an actually cool starship (the Outrider). He's not a Jedi and we could have gotten a lot of the same stuff we're seeing in the Mandalorian without making it Force-centric. Favreau could tell some great stories with that character and Filoni could indulge his penchant for fan service by having him go anywhere in the SW universe to visit the parts of the lore he wants to draw from.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Rogue One was pointless bullshit. A boring, meaningless story that didn't need to be told at all. Who fucking cares about any of those characters or how Leia got the Death Star tapes? There have, literally, been Star Wara video games with better stories. Hell, there have been better Star Wara video games about how Leia got the Death Star tapes.

A Dash Rendar centered TV series would have been better than any of the shit they're shovelling out. A Buck Rogers/Flash Gordon kinda guy flying around the galaxy getting into different kinds of capers from week to week in an actually cool starship (the Outrider). He's not a Jedi and we could have gotten a lot of the same stuff we're seeing in the Mandalorian without making it Force-centric. Favreau could tell some great stories with that character and Filoni could indulge his penchant for fan service by having him go anywhere in the SW universe to visit the parts of the lore he wants to draw from.
Where is the like button?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The only Star Wars media I would watch is if it pulled a Planet of the Apes and the foreign planet turned out to be Earth however long ago (no clue what year Star Wars takes place...1700 AD? 10,000 BC? 10,000,000 BC? who knows).

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member

Exactly. R1 was terrible, the characters are all so dumb. I will never forgive them for wasting Donnie Yen.