New Star Wars stuff announced

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Ninja-Jedi? Lol. I hate that shit.
Just watch it. Kenobi is shown to be by far the most effective Jedi tactician and one of the few without his head entirely up his own ass.

Clone Wars has so many great characters. It's too bad you watched Bad Batch already, because Echo's arc in Clone Wars is one of the best in the whole franchise and now you know how he ends up.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Obi-Wan was already great in the prequels.

I’m going to watch Clone Wars and Rebels even though, frankly, the pre-empire stuff doesn’t interest me as much.

I am going to have to rewatch the prequels though.

Probably in order as you suggest.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Obi-Wan was already great in the prequels.

I’m going to watch Clone Wars and Rebels even though, frankly, the pre-empire stuff doesn’t interest me as much.

I am going to have to rewatch the prequels though.

Probably in order as you suggest.

Obi-Wan was weak AF in the movies dude. The fight with Grievous is lame and only a throwback to that line from ANH. Uneventful. Clone Wars Ben is fucking awesome. You actually see how the Jedi were near the end. A lot of them were stupid, but a lot of them were strong in the force, and really cool characters.

But wait - one big piece of info that I *highly* suggest if you feel like you have to watch the prequels... Google the Siege of Mandalore/Revenge of the Sith fan edit. Download it. Get some pockerns and sodypop, and have a nice 4 hour friday Star Wars night.

The last 4 episodes of the Clone Wars series (from Disney+) happens concurrently with the events of Revenge of the Sith. I think I might have mentioned it here (I repeat myself, I repeat myself)- but you get to see all the shit going down in the background while Anakin is humming and hawwing about whatever's happening.

The last 4 eps of Clone Wars are basically a movie. You don't need to watch the 4 hour cut I mentioned, but it's pretty cool to watch it all in order. You get so much more background, and it makes Revenge of the Sith better.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Obi-Wan had one of the best performances in the entire prequel trilogy. You’re crazy.

When you compare Ep 2 and Ep 3 Jedi to Obi-Wan he is, hands down, the best. If he is more badass in the cartoon, cool, but he already was the best.

In the prequels Obi-Wan and Palpatine are the stand-outs.

Mace Windu summed up the prequel Jedi order for me. Zealous, dogmatic, an order who lost their way. Destroyed by their own hubris.

Anything trying show them otherwise is simply revisionism imo.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Obi-Wan had one of the best performances in the entire prequel trilogy. You’re crazy.

When you compare Ep 2 and Ep 3 Jedi to Obi-Wan he is, hands down, the best. If he is more badass in the cartoon, cool, but he already was the best.
He does get clowned by Dooku pretty hard in both Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith.

But then again he gets a W against both Maul and Vader.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
No reason not to assume Dooku wasn’t a master swordsman and force user. He was a Sith Lord, no?

famicommander

15 Year Member
No reason not to assume Dooku wasn’t a master swordsman and force user. He was a Sith Lord, no?
He was.

But you'll see what I mean when you watch the movies again. The Obi-Wan we see against Dooku looks utterly worthless next to the Obi-Wan who beats Vader in the very same movie, even though Vader easily decapitates Dooku.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
If anything it just sounds like bad writing to me.

Watch the prequels and Obi-Wan is clearly pre-eminent among the Jedi. That the dark lords of the Sith are better than the Jedi doesn’t mean Obi-Wan isn’t the best Jedi.

In terms of performance and writing it’s Anakin who is really the shitty Jedi, in the prequels.

How do you two reconcile the different portrayal of say Anakin and Obi-Wan in the prequels vs the animated series? It sounds to me as if they’re almost different characters.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Unrelated to the current discussion but Boba Fett better actually be a badass in tomorrows episode or I’m gonna be a bit disappointed.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Unrelated to the current discussion but Boba Fett better actually be a badass in tomorrows episode or I’m gonna be a bit disappointed.
As much as I loved the last two episodes, I thought it was kinda telling how they shifted the focus away from the title character. Compared to those two Mando-centric ones, the Boba episodes have been flat, and boring.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The stuff with the Tusken Raiders was great but yeah Boba being a crime lord has certainly been a bit lacking. Shame considering when Boba was on the Mando show he kicked ass.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
What does it say about the Jedi Order when a single man (Palpatine) fabricates a 10+ year crisis, instigates a war, and involves the Jedi order to fight against a side who fundamentally did nothing wrong?

Will the Clone Wars answer my questions?

famicommander

15 Year Member
What does it say about the Jedi Order when a single man (Palpatine) fabricates a 10+ year crisis, instigates a war, and involves the Jedi order to fight against a side who fundamentally did nothing wrong?

Will the Clone Wars answer my questions?
Clone Wars goes out of its way to show that nobody is right in the war.

They show some separatist planets that have legitimately been mistreated by the Republic for a long time and just wanted to organize their own government in peace.

They show other separatist planets populated almost entirely by raving space fascists.

They show a lot of corrupt Republic worlds and officials that are as bad as or worse than the Sith.

They show Republic worlds that are basically good fall under the oppression and occupation of marauding separatists.

Basically, Palpatine did a good job giving all the powerful factions in the galaxy legitimate reasons to hate each other. He played them all against each other, used them to wear each other down, then used Vader to wipe out the remaining separatist power base and the bureaucracy to control the remnants of the Repubilc.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Bad Batch was ok. Interesting to look at the transition from Republic to Empire.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
There's a Rebels character that makes an appearance in the first episode of bad batch. A young Kanaan Jarrus, still voiced by Freddy Prinz Jr. Very cool.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
He was.

But you'll see what I mean when you watch the movies again. The Obi-Wan we see against Dooku looks utterly worthless next to the Obi-Wan who beats Vader in the very same movie, even though Vader easily decapitates Dooku.

Just like Ali, Frazier, and Foreman. Damn.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
How embarrassing for the Jedi.

Yeah I think that's the point tho. Even Mace Windu said it in one of the movies - We are keepers of the peace, not soldiers. But then they started getting embroiled into political bullshit, worrying about how the Order would look if they opposed the government, etc etc. They were no longer servants of the Force, they were servants of the current regime, be that Republic or not. And then their insistence on avoiding attachment and being human really fucked em too.

High Republic era Jedi were different. They sometimes didn't even follow the Jedi Order itself, they went their own way and specifically served the Force.

The Jedi we see in the Prequels (and Clone Wars) are a shadow of what they used to be. The only ones that really saw that were people like Qui-Gon Jinn, Quinlan Voss (who lost his way anyway), Bariss Offee, and Ahsoka. Only Ahsoka didn't see it until way later. That's why she's refusing to train Grogster, or even really stick around for Luke's school.

In the end, I think that's why Luke's school failed. He tried to stick to the ways of the Jedi during the fall of the republic. Too strict.

edit: And this is why I actually like that Yoda basically called it bullshit and destroyed Luke's little library. EVEN THEN - Dumbass Rei kept those books. So even any Jedi that come from her are gonna be retarded.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Boba Fett finale was alright.

I don't think we need to see Robert Rodriguez direct any future episodes. If I were to rank this season's episodes, the four he didn't direct would be the top four.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Boba Fett finale was alright.

I don't think we need to see Robert Rodriguez direct any future episodes. If I were to rank this season's episodes, the four he didn't direct would be the top four.
It was the best Rodriguez ep at least. I enjoyed it well enough.

famicommander

15 Year Member
It was the best Rodriguez ep at least. I enjoyed it well enough.
I thought the big battle scene dragged and got a bit silly but yeah, it was much better than episode 1 or episode 3.

Fennec Shand is so much more competent than Boba and Din.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Yeah I think that's the point tho. Even Mace Windu said it in one of the movies - We are keepers of the peace, not soldiers. But then they started getting embroiled into political bullshit, worrying about how the Order would look if they opposed the government, etc etc. They were no longer servants of the Force, they were servants of the current regime, be that Republic or not. And then their insistence on avoiding attachment and being human really fucked em too.

High Republic era Jedi were different. They sometimes didn't even follow the Jedi Order itself, they went their own way and specifically served the Force.

The Jedi we see in the Prequels (and Clone Wars) are a shadow of what they used to be. The only ones that really saw that were people like Qui-Gon Jinn, Quinlan Voss (who lost his way anyway), Bariss Offee, and Ahsoka. Only Ahsoka didn't see it until way later. That's why she's refusing to train Grogster, or even really stick around for Luke's school.

In the end, I think that's why Luke's school failed. He tried to stick to the ways of the Jedi during the fall of the republic. Too strict.

edit: And this is why I actually like that Yoda basically called it bullshit and destroyed Luke's little library. EVEN THEN - Dumbass Rei kept those books. So even any Jedi that come from her are gonna be retarded.

Luke’s school failed because the writing for the story was terrible and they sought to deconstruct the heroes of the past. It makes no sense.

It’s not even clear how Ben began to be turned to the Dark Side.

I mean you are right given the story we do have. Luke only learned to late what it meant to truly be a Jedi and be one with the force (though frankly I’d argue he knows this in Return of the Jedi.)

Anyway I take the title of the film literally: The Jedi Order is ended with Luke. There are no Jedi left.