New NGDEV Neo-Geo Game: Razion

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Slot it's in, what games are in other slot have helped/hurt my boot up percentage. Neo XYX never boots in my 2 slots, other NGDev games will eventually boot but it takes a few tries or swapping slots around.

Maybe they don't play nice with Unibios?

Gunlord tends to be one of the more reliable games in my setups if that makes you feel better. :)

Ok good as long as it boots haha, thanks

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Ok good as long as it boots haha, thanks

I can only speak for gunlord and razion, which are the only ngdev games I have (KB coming, LOL), but both of them seem to boot reliably on any of the slots on my MV2F, and no matter which games are on the other slot (or if it's empty). They are updated to their latest versions, however (razion 1.1 and gunlord 1.3 IIRC). I have UniBIOS 3.2 on the 2-slot.

Regards.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
I can only speak for gunlord and razion, which are the only ngdev games I have (KB coming, LOL), but both of them seem to boot reliably on any of the slots on my MV2F, and no matter which games are on the other slot (or if it's empty). They are updated to their latest versions, however (razion 1.1 and gunlord 1.3 IIRC). I have UniBIOS 3.2 on the 2-slot.

Regards.

Nice, thanks for the confirmation =)

Zhar Johnson

Cheng's Errand Boy
The more i play this game the more I enjoy the game play and scenery but it pisses me off that they kept the exact same weapon. I would have appreciated some weapon changes and speed ups throughout, with power / speed ups you pick up like SNK did in Pulstar. Who's going to be the first to code it and send a usb update?

qwertylesh

n00b
i just wish i could buy the game direct from NGdev right now without having to spend twice or more to get it via ebay..

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
i just wish i could buy the game direct from NGdev right now without having to spend twice or more to get it via ebay..

The NG Dev Team website says that they're going to reprint the MVS version sometime in 2017, so you can always wait.

http://www.ngdevteam.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=105:razion&catid=60:razion&Itemid=58

You can also be patient and keep an eye on the Marketplace here. That's what I did and I finally acquired Razion at a fair price after a few months of waiting and watching.

Finally it never hurts to post on the Wanting to Buy subforum.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Oh shit is this common? I have a 2 slot and have gunlord on pre order. Is it just a dice roll thing but eventually boots?

I seemed to be having an issue with booting the NGDevTeam games on my 6 Slot Cab, until one day I reset the RAM, (or cache), in the test menu by holding buttons B,C, and D (or similar) at the same time and letting go. That alone allowed my NGDevTeam games to load on all 6 slots after than, and I can have all six slots fully loaded with NGDevTeam games now, and select what to play instantly without an issue. You might want to try clearing that out if you have any issues having the games loaded into more than one slot.

^
Same thing happened to me. It broke off on like the 3rd or 4th time opening it. I am not sure if they are using cheaper materials now or what.

It's the roll of the dice, actually. Some snaplock cases seem to just have slightly thicker plastic on the snaplock area that bends, than others have. SNK themselves had this issue in the past, some of their games snaplock cases seem to last forever, others lasted a few opens before they broke off, even though I do admit that was a rare scenario. I did manage to buy Metal Slug 2 New in 1998, and brought it home THE day it came out, and as soon as I stepped out of the car the damn game slid from the top of the stack of games I was holding, and it broke the snaplock off as it hit the ground. Boom, instant death! lol I could not help but laugh at that one. It teaches one to be more careful. ;)

Also, some converters do not play well with NGDev releases.

As long as you get the Daedalus Converter from the NeoStore, there should be no problems loading any of the NGDevTeam games, as they all work for me fine on ANY AES I try them on using the Daedalus Converter.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I seemed to be having an issue with booting the NGDevTeam games on my 6 Slot Cab, until one day I reset the RAM, (or cache), in the test menu by holding buttons B,C, and D (or similar) at the same time and letting go.
What you did was clear the backup ram. Can be done by either:
1. flipping all the dip switches to "on", then powering the board (with or without cart(s)) and letting it sit for about two minutes and powering off.
2. going into test mode->hardware test (or just powering the board without a cart) and pressing start until you get to the screen that says "press A+B+C to clear backup ram" and doing just that.

Last edited:

Fakk2

What you did was clear the backup ram. Can be done by either:
1. flipping all the dip switches to "on", then powering the board (with or without cart(s)) and letting it sit for about two minutes and powering off.
2. going into test mode->hardware test (or just powering the board without a cart) and pressing start until you get to the screen that says "press A+B+C to clear backup ram" and doing just that.

Yeah, as stated I reset the RAM, which is the same as "clearing it". That seemed to completely fix the problem of the 6 slot board being able to successfully switch from cart to cart with the NGDevTeam games. I just used the A,B,C method in the hardware test menu, as was told by James. Strangely enough, it worked quite well.

I just happened to stumble onto this due to a weird issue I was having with Neo Bomberman, not being able to see the enemy sprites, even though the game was playing. Once the RAM was "reset", not only did it fix the issue with Neo Bomberman, it also fixed all issues I was currently having with NGDevTeam games in all slots of the board. :) I thought that was a nice fix. Not sure why that fixes the issues, however, I find it very strange indeed.

I will admit, I am no where near as knowledgeable about the MVS cab as I am the AES system and carts, as I was always an AES person until around April of 2015 when I bought my brand new 6 Slot Cab. That changed my outlook on MVS games in general, and I found something new about them that I liked. I have been getting into both AES and MVS since that time, and I learn a little more about the MVS more each passing day. But still, I would never know as much about it as James, or Jeff. :)

Fakk2

Brand new, as in NOS? where did you get a NOS 6-slot? and how much did you pay for it?

It's a long story actually, but, to shorten it up as much as possible, someone bought it new from SNK in Dec. 1990 and had it for a little bit and never really used it due to lack of interest from friends and family, so he gave it to his rich gamer friend a bit later to put in his "gaming house". (Cool friend I would have to say). I bought it from that guy, that has had it sitting in his huge game house, (it was his 1.5 Million dollar game room house just filled with arcade cabs, and pinball machines), in Anaheim. The guy had it sitting in this place since 1991, hardly ever touched it, had no clue that it even could play anything other than the games that were installed in it, and was selling his "play house" and everything in it for next to nothing, just to get rid of it now that he has no more time for playing games, (or no more interest in it).

The guy posted this Cab for sale on ebay for $450 local pick up ONLY, and he said he had a few offers, but nobody wanted to pick it up, they wanted him to ship it out. He refused to do so, and said that he would just leave it in the house for the buyer of the house to keep and use if nobody picks it up that day. His auction ended without any bidders, so I offered him $400 for it, and after talking to him on the phone he told me come down immediately and pick it up or it's a no go.

I immediately drove down there that morning after borrowing a truck from a friend, bought it from him, and verified that it was in absolute immaculate condition, (it looks like it was possibly played a handful of times, but no damage or wear to anything), and after I brought it home, I opened it up for the first time in 25 years and found inside that it had contained Kits in NOS condition of Magician Lord, NAM 1975, Ninja Combat, The Super Spy and Sengoku. The games had been inserted into the machine one time and never removed. The kits contained the paperwork, and the mini marquees were in the slots on top of the arcade machine in seemingly new shape, so it was not turned on much or the mini marquees would show signs of wear.

Inside the machine it also contained the manual for the cab, and everything is seemingly perfect. Even the 6 slot motherboard looks to be never even used, and I was shocked about the condition. I have shown it to many of my friends, and people on FB, and everyone considers it "winning a Neo Lottery", which is funny to think about, but, it replaced my single slot cab nicely, and I sold the single slot cab for $600 on Craigs List about 4 days later, and moved the 6 Slot Cab into the spot where the single slot existed.

I was surprised to find the 6 slot is much bigger than expected, and I needed to have someone come down the next day to rip the door jam apart, and widen the door frame by about 4 inches, and I had to install a larger door just to get the cab into the game room. However, the end result was well worth it, and the absolute beauty of this machine had renewed my interest in buying MVS carts in a whole new way. Since then I have decided to buy a complete set of MVS carts all in like new condition to play on the cab, and I have since that time acquired more than half of the MVS collection, and I hope to finish it completely by the end of this year. :)

Pics of the cab can be found on my FB page, but, I will include a few here for you to check out. True it is not NOS, but, it is about as close to new as your going to find 26 years after it was made, without any slight repairs or any touch ups at all. This is just straight up as it was when it was made in 1990.

http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/SNKNeo-Geo/slideshow/NeoGeo 6 Slot Cab like new

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
It's a long story actually, but, to shorten it up as much as possible, someone bought it new from SNK in Dec. 1990 and had it for a little bit and never really used it due to lack of interest from friends and family, so he gave it to his rich gamer friend a bit later to put in his "gaming house". (Cool friend I would have to say). I bought it from that guy, that has had it sitting in his huge game house, (it was his 1.5 Million dollar game room house just filled with arcade cabs, and pinball machines), in Anaheim. The guy had it sitting in this place since 1991, hardly ever touched it, had no clue that it even could play anything other than the games that were installed in it, and was selling his "play house" and everything in it for next to nothing, just to get rid of it now that he has no more time for playing games, (or no more interest in it).

The guy posted this Cab for sale on ebay for $450 local pick up ONLY, and he said he had a few offers, but nobody wanted to pick it up, they wanted him to ship it out. He refused to do so, and said that he would just leave it in the house for the buyer of the house to keep and use if nobody picks it up that day. His auction ended without any bidders, so I offered him $400 for it, and after talking to him on the phone he told me come down immediately and pick it up or it's a no go.

I immediately drove down there that morning after borrowing a truck from a friend, bought it from him, and verified that it was in absolute immaculate condition, (it looks like it was possibly played a handful of times, but no damage or wear to anything), and after I brought it home, I opened it up for the first time in 25 years and found inside that it had contained Kits in NOS condition of Magician Lord, NAM 1975, Ninja Combat, The Super Spy and Sengoku. The games had been inserted into the machine one time and never removed. The kits contained the paperwork, and the mini marquees were in the slots on top of the arcade machine in seemingly new shape, so it was not turned on much or the mini marquees would show signs of wear.

Inside the machine it also contained the manual for the cab, and everything is seemingly perfect. Even the 6 slot motherboard looks to be never even used, and I was shocked about the condition. I have shown it to many of my friends, and people on FB, and everyone considers it "winning a Neo Lottery", which is funny to think about, but, it replaced my single slot cab nicely, and I sold the single slot cab for $600 on Craigs List about 4 days later, and moved the 6 Slot Cab into the spot where the single slot existed.

I was surprised to find the 6 slot is much bigger than expected, and I needed to have someone come down the next day to rip the door jam apart, and widen the door frame by about 4 inches, and I had to install a larger door just to get the cab into the game room. However, the end result was well worth it, and the absolute beauty of this machine had renewed my interest in buying MVS carts in a whole new way. Since then I have decided to buy a complete set of MVS carts all in like new condition to play on the cab, and I have since that time acquired more than half of the MVS collection, and I hope to finish it completely by the end of this year. :)

Pics of the cab can be found on my FB page, but, I will include a few here for you to check out. True it is not NOS, but, it is about as close to new as your going to find 26 years after it was made, without any slight repairs or any touch ups at all. This is just straight up as it was when it was made in 1990.

http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/SNKNeo-Geo/slideshow/NeoGeo 6 Slot Cab like new

I fucking hate you for this.

Fakk2

That belongs in a museum. :eek:

Indeed, I know. I treat it like gold, and I find myself using the Daedalus converter, and play my MVS carts on the modded AES I have purchased from 1990, just to avoid damage on that cab. My wife especially get carried away pounding the buttons on Metal Slug games so much that I get nervous when she is around the cab. The buttons are still like new, with that perfect spring to them, and I want to keep it that way. :P

I fucking hate you for this.

Stand in line, bro! Your not the only one around these parts. :D ;)

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Nice cab! Yeah good call keeping your wife away from it, heaven forbid you two enjoy the thing and risk needing to replace a few buttons. These things are meant to be appreciated with the eyes only and always from a safe distance!

team_andromeda

Armored Scrum Object
Nice cab! Yeah good call keeping your wife away from it, heaven forbid you two enjoy the thing and risk needing to replace a few buttons. These things are meant to be appreciated with the eyes only and always from a safe distance!

odZbAfc.png

DON'T TOUCH IT

Fakk2

lol, well the buttons are not the only thing to worry about, the cab can get scratched up if not careful, and I like to keep things as original as possible, for as long as possible. I mean in all honesty, it's easier to sit back and play on the AES anyway, so meh, what the fuck right? :D At least 20 years from now this cab will STILL look tits up, and most of all the others will be beat to hell more than they are today, which today you can hardly even find one 6 Slot cab in this condition anymore, no matter what price it is.

Anyway, lets try to keep this thread based on the Razion game that NG Dev made, and end this topic. I can create a separate thread about this soon, and you guys can talk about it there. ;)