New NGDEV Neo-Geo Game: Razion

todosnk

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Are you sure that was last month, because they've had the pre-order pages open for Gunlord and Last Hope since June. It used to say pre-orders opening December 2015, now it says Nov/Dec 2015. I asked this of them back in September too o_O

Oh just noticed :D I was talking about the AES version. Just checked the website and can see the reprint is for MVS, not AES :D
We are both right :D

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
Guys, pay attention to your snapcase for this game, I have been getting some issues with the lock:

A small update about this thing... today I received a new box (and insert) from NG Dev team to replace mine. They didn't even ask me to return the defective one. That's pretty cool from them.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Here's my Razion in a SNK clear shell with original label. I missed out on the collector's edition so I made my own shockbox insert :)

DSC00387.JPGDSC00388.JPG

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I agree, looks very sleek. Way better than wood.

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug
Here's my Razion in a SNK clear shell with original label. I missed out on the collector's edition so I made my own shockbox insert :)
It's a nice insert! Would you mind sharing it? I made inserts for Neo XYX, Last Hope and Fast Striker (based on the DC covers), but since Razion doesn't have a DC version, I didn't find enough art to create an insert. It looks like you managed to find some.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Sure! I just scanned the flyer and move strip that came with the kit :)

razion_insert_2.jpg

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
^
Same thing happened to me. It broke off on like the 3rd or 4th time opening it. I am not sure if they are using cheaper materials now or what.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
^
Same thing happened to me. It broke off on like the 3rd or 4th time opening it. I am not sure if they are using cheaper materials now or what.

That's why I got the MVS kit, the cardboard box and the shockbox last longer ;)

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Hopefully super glue will do the trick.
Otherwise it off to Spain and order a snap lock case.

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
So what you using to play those other formats on cmvs or Mvs converter.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
So what you using to play those other formats on cmvs or Mvs converter.

A 2-slot connected to a supergun. Which reminds me, I should stop procrastinating and start consolizing it. Also, some converters do not play well with NGDev releases.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The latch design on the snaplock itself was a horrible design for something that is used so much.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
A 2-slot connected to a supergun. Which reminds me, I should stop procrastinating and start consolizing it. Also, some converters do not play well with NGDev releases.

I wish my two 2-slots played nicely with NG-Dev games. They often don't like to boot. Any XYX only boots on my single slot. :/

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
I wish my two 2-slots played nicely with NG-Dev games. They often don't like to boot. Any XYX only boots on my single slot. :/

Oh shit is this common? I have a 2 slot and have gunlord on pre order. Is it just a dice roll thing but eventually boots?

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Oh shit is this common? I have a 2 slot and have gunlord on pre order. Is it just a dice roll thing but eventually boots?

Slot it's in, what games are in other slot have helped/hurt my boot up percentage. Neo XYX never boots in my 2 slots, other NGDev games will eventually boot but it takes a few tries or swapping slots around.

Maybe they don't play nice with Unibios?

Gunlord tends to be one of the more reliable games in my setups if that makes you feel better. :)

Last edited:

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
Email NG Dev team, they will ship you one free of charge. They did to me (you can see on this post, #852)