New neogeo homebrew in development : TEOT

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
@Neo Alec This guy who is re-releasing TEOT, do we know who he is? Is he actually from Viccom & would he have access to the Neo Geo version's build/source code?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
How would I know? If they had the Neo Geo version they would probably be selling it. I hope they have a lead on locating it from Viccom. In my wildest dreams, the 3DO and PC re-releases are a warm up for a future Neo Geo release of the original game.

geladobom

War Room Troll
I think the game need a few time between the KO sound and the name charather saying wins. And the pose charather too. How to play need to be improved.
Breakers Revenge looks amazing.

Johnny16Bit

Fio's Quartermaster
Cheers @StevenK

@geladobom This is the original PC version you're showing. Not sure why you want to link to it now... I mean, I'm even less sure what you mean than when you actually type something.:glee:

ozzyyzzo

n00b
Happy new year 2022 everyone! :-)

Open Beta is coming soon!

Complaints and/or constructive comments will be adressed shortlly ^^

A public bug tracker running Mantis has been build up and Beta version will be available on FightCade and itch.io

Meanwhile a quick play as 'Musasi' on the AES version of the game.

Enjoy!

Johnny16Bit

Fio's Quartermaster
Fucking no good original dev team stealing your idea. It’s piracy!

LOL :glee:

I doubt this gentleman has anything to do with the original dev, but hey, you never know - the world is full of surprises!

Which is probably what he'll think when he realises the number of actual active IPs violated that would certainly make the game difficult to take to the PSN, if he really had a mind to it.

Johnny16Bit

Fio's Quartermaster
Short version:

DOWNLOAD TEH FREE SH1T HERE
ramboy10.png

Longer version:

At long last, here we are.

The Eye of Typhoon [Saiki / Tsunami Edition] has reached the point in its development when it needs the advanced playtesting that will allow us to track down the remaining bugs, and proceed to the final fine tuning.

And for that, we decided to turn towards the community and make this beta version public. We did ponder it, with the possibility of immediate bootlegging of our game in mind, of course. But in the end, what we want is to release the best final version that we can. And we can’t reasonably expect to playtest a fighting game, even though it is not one of the most sophisticated kind, on our own.

That’s why we decided this public release would be fully playable and have all the features of the final game. By doing so, we hope to collect as much feedback as possible so we can keep improving the game till the end.

So from this January onwards, here’s your chance to help us do just that. Try this Beta, play it inside and out, and report all the bugs and possibilities for improvements you find. You can tell us what you like as well, we won’t blame you for that.

You can download the rom for Mame and NeoSD, or the game as an exe for Windows, as well as a movelist for each of the characters from the project’s itch.io page. The Rom for Fightcade should follow shortly.

Then you can contact us discord:
Or report stuff on our Mantis server : http://37.187.6.69

If that may encourage you to do so, we’ll also be running a tournament on Fightcade on Jan 28th (21.00, Paris Time).

The game is not up on Fightcade yet, but we’ll let you know as soon as you can invite your friends to a good brawl!

We’re counting on you, have fun!

Special thanks to Neo Alec for his help on the rom on NeoSD - and to Catoblepa for joining the team ;)

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
So if I join the discord and speak about the game running on the Mvsx, arcade stick
Pro, or neogeo mini, are you going to kick me out?

Last edited:

Johnny16Bit

Fio's Quartermaster
So if I join the discord and speak about the game running on the Mvsx, arcade stick
Pro, or neogeo mini, are you going to kick me out?

... Why would we do so?
No, as I said earlier, looking into every emulation solution available isn't our priority right now, so we'll be happy if you can get the beta rom running on these devices. ;)