New NEOGEO game: "NEO XYX" NG: DEV.TEAM 2013

team_andromeda

Armored Scrum Object
So the green MVS Magic Key can be used to play NGDev releases? that would be a nice improvement over the blue one I have. Can you please test other releases if you have them? I am positive the blue one does not work with neither Gunlord nor Razion, but I have no other NGDev releases to test.

Thanks!!

Hey man, I got Razion waiting at the post office for me, I will test it out today and report what the deal is. It will be around 7 hrs from now though, my day just started. But Neo XYX seems to be working perfectly other than the issues that have been addressed in updates by NGDT

EDIT: I also have Last Hope PB MVS I'm getting on Monday, I'll either reply here or shoot you a PM when I test that one out.

Last edited:

team_andromeda

Armored Scrum Object
So the green MVS Magic Key can be used to play NGDev releases? that would be a nice improvement over the blue one I have. Can you please test other releases if you have them? I am positive the blue one does not work with neither Gunlord nor Razion, but I have no other NGDev releases to test.

Thanks!!

Alright, so I can't get Razion to work 100%. Most times I try, the screen comes up with weird artifacts and says "Z80 ERROR" randomly on the screen. One time I tried, the image came up perfectly but there was no audio. I was able to play for some time with no issues other than that.

I noticed that the cartridge doesn't sit right in the adapter, it looks knd of crooked like the PCBs aren't at the same spot as the input on the converter, so its tilted and I feel like its going to break one or both of them, so I won't be trying it anymore :(

It is a wooden MVS cartridge though, so that might be exacerbating things a bit.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Alright, so I can't get Razion to work 100%. Most times I try, the screen comes up with weird artifacts and says "Z80 ERROR" randomly on the screen. One time I tried, the image came up perfectly but there was no audio. I was able to play for some time with no issues other than that.

I noticed that the cartridge doesn't sit right in the adapter, it looks knd of crooked like the PCBs aren't at the same spot as the input on the converter, so its tilted and I feel like its going to break one or both of them, so I won't be trying it anymore :(

It is a wooden MVS cartridge though, so that might be exacerbating things a bit.

Thanks for the information man. It seems they did some work on the converter, because mine gets stuck on the "Please wait" screen with both NGDev games I've tested. I would suggest you get some plastic shell and put the Razion boards inside it. I did it and love it. The wood shell sucks, it doesn't have the exact same measures as the original shells, and if you are interested in collecting, the shell will get scratched very easily. The wood shell may be the cause of your random problems, because of poor contact with the converter.

Regards.

Last edited:

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
I would suggest you get some plastic shell and put the Razion boards inside it. I did it and love it. The wood shell sucks, it doesn't have the exact same measures as the original shells, and if you are interested in collecting, the shell will get scratched very easily. The wood shell may be the cause of your random problems, because of poor contact with the converter.

Regards.

I have done that with all my wooden NGDevTeam games also. The wooden shells do get scratched easily as you mentioned, and getting them to fit right is a bitch. They a beautiful to look at, but other than that, the plastic shells are the best bet. Also, now that I have removed them, and placed them into the plastic shells, I no longer need to worry about them getting scratched anymore, which is a great feeling when playing the games on the cab.

The only problem I had with transferring them to the plastic shells, is that some of the games are made with the 1.5 mvs carts which use the smaller boards, and those I had to use some double sided tape and tape certain areas together to get them to stop from jiggling around in the plastic shells, but, the bigger old 1.0 boards, they were simple to transfer to the plastic shells. Now I just need to have NGDevTeam to send me some new stickers, or make my own. The damn printer ink costs a fortune, so I do hope that they just send me some new stickers for all of their releases that they sold me. *sigh*

team_andromeda

Armored Scrum Object
I have done that with all my wooden NGDevTeam games also. The wooden shells do get scratched easily as you mentioned, and getting them to fit right is a bitch. They a beautiful to look at, but other than that, the plastic shells are the best bet. Also, now that I have removed them, and placed them into the plastic shells, I no longer need to worry about them getting scratched anymore, which is a great feeling when playing the games on the cab.

The only problem I had with transferring them to the plastic shells, is that some of the games are made with the 1.5 mvs carts which use the smaller boards, and those I had to use some double sided tape and tape certain areas together to get them to stop from jiggling around in the plastic shells, but, the bigger old 1.0 boards, they were simple to transfer to the plastic shells. Now I just need to have NGDevTeam to send me some new stickers, or make my own. The damn printer ink costs a fortune, so I do hope that they just send me some new stickers for all of their releases that they sold me. *sigh*

Great idea, I just have to get my hands on some spare shells now....

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
They are supposed to jiggle to align with the mobo slot connectors, do not prevent them from having any sway.

Fakk2

They are supposed to jiggle to align with the mobo slot connectors, do not prevent them from having any sway.

I understand having a little giggle to align with the cart slot, but, when the tiny little 1.5 boards are inside the plastic shells, the make noise like crazy and have way too much giggle. Anything to at least dampen that obnoxious giggle sound is wonderful. I am not making them rock solid, but, when I at least use double sided tape on the top part of the carts, at least they sound more normal, and the don't move around too much, and they seem to actually work perfectly as well.

team_andromeda

Armored Scrum Object
Has anyone here got this game to work in a 2 slot MVS? I've read it just simply wont work, but I'm hoping there has been a solution found that I just haven't seen. I'm attempting to run it on an MV2F board and it is just hanging/frozen on the 'Please Wait' screen.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Has anyone here got this game to work in a 2 slot MVS? I've read it just simply wont work, but I'm hoping there has been a solution found that I just haven't seen. I'm attempting to run it on an MV2F board and it is just hanging/frozen on the 'Please Wait' screen.
that's strange... do you have a game in the other slot?

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
What's the proper pronunciation: NEO X-Y-X or NEO Xicks

Fakk2

What's the proper pronunciation: NEO X-Y-X or NEO Xicks

It's Neo Zaikusu

@ Team Andromeda, the NGDevTeam games were meant to be played in single slot machines. Timm has replied to many of my emails, and he knows about this issue. Their games are not "friendly" in multislot cabs unless all other slots are empty. This has been known and documented for years now. They plan to not only fix this issue with the next game release, but, they also plan to FINALLY allow their next game to work with the UniBios as normal without garbling up the screen, which is a step in the right direction.Now if we can all group together and just get them to begin supporting the god damn Memory Card like 99% of SNKs games do, then their games will begin to FEEL like REAL Neo-Geo games.

Last edited:

xsq

maybe I missed something, but isn't their next release (Kraut Buster) going to be their last game for the Neo anyway?

Fakk2

maybe I missed something, but isn't their next release (Kraut Buster) going to be their last game for the Neo anyway?

No, it's their FIRST game to be offered on the Neo-Geo and then no longer offered on the Dreamcast, instead it is their first game that will be ported to another Arcade Machine once the Neo-Geo games are sold out. Also, Kraut Buster is going to be the first game to start a new trend of not having a reprint after they are sold out. So, it is like a new beginning for them. Once a game is sold out from now on, starting with Kraut Buster, then it is considered out of print forever. Then it will be available shortly after that on a different Japanese arcade machine. They plan to always make Neo-Geo games, hence the name NG DevTeam, they are just tired of making inferior ports to the Dreamcast due to buggy dev kits that they have for it, and they are tired of constantly having to make more and more reprints due to people waiting "on the fence" to see if the games are good. That is really all they are going to change. Razion was the first game to have no Dreamcast release, but it might have a reprint at the end of this year, but, this should be the final year for any reprints to be made of any games that they have created.

xsq

thank you for clarifying that for me, I must have been really tiered when I read up on NG: Devs forthcoming games. Sorry for that.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
I've only ever had the budget for DC releases. It's BS that they are stopping that. NEO XYX is amazing on it plus you don't have to turn your fucking TV on its side like you HAVE to on the NEO version in order to play it vertically.
However, I will pony up for the homecart releases if I am able. BUT if they come out digitally on home consoles down the road I will be pissed as mortal fuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fakk2

thank you for clarifying that for me, I must have been really tiered when I read up on NG: Devs forthcoming games. Sorry for that.

Glad to help. :)

I've only ever had the budget for DC releases. It's BS that they are stopping that. NEO XYX is amazing on it plus you don't have to turn your fucking TV on its side like you HAVE to on the NEO version in order to play it vertically.
However, I will pony up for the homecart releases if I am able. BUT if they come out digitally on home consoles down the road I will be pissed as mortal fuck

Well, if it makes you feel better, the Neo XYX was the perfect example as to WHY they are dropping support for the DC, as that game has bugs up the ass and many people were so pissed off about that, and the bugs were so bad that some were even game breaking. At least down the line, if you find cheap digital versions that suit your fancy, you can always sell the AES carts for what you paid for them, as most people are willing to pay at least that much for them since there will be no more reprints, so their games are going to become much more rare beginning with Kraut Buster moving forward.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
Well, if it makes you feel better, the Neo XYX was the perfect example as to WHY they are dropping support for the DC, as that game has bugs up the ass and many people were so pissed off about that, and the bugs were so bad that some were even game breaking. At least down the line, if you find cheap digital versions that suit your fancy, you can always sell the AES carts for what you paid for them, as most people are willing to pay at least that much for them since there will be no more reprints, so their games are going to become much more rare beginning with Kraut Buster moving forward.

Sounds good.
I can't get past level 4. Gahhh!!!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
So they won't get any more of my money because they don't know how to Dreamcast or bother with cd versions. Fine with me.

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor

your not alone I've been trying to figure out they're wording on that for months.

Thanks Fakk2

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
It's Neo Zaikusu

@ Team Andromeda, the NGDevTeam games were meant to be played in single slot machines. Timm has replied to many of my emails, and he knows about this issue. Their games are not "friendly" in multislot cabs unless all other slots are empty. This has been known and documented for years now. They plan to not only fix this issue with the next game release, but, they also plan to FINALLY allow their next game to work with the UniBios as normal without garbling up the screen, which is a step in the right direction.Now if we can all group together and just get them to begin supporting the god damn Memory Card like 99% of SNKs games do, then their games will begin to FEEL like REAL Neo-Geo games.

Maybe the issue is exclusive to Neo XYX, because I've played Gunlord and Razion on my 2-slot with no issues. They even cycle properly when another cart is inserted. I've even had them both inserted in the 2-slot, they cycle and play perfectly.

Regards.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
Is this real? lol

298702aac6b1117ebe501ee98b098613.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fakk2

So they won't get any more of my money because they don't know how to Dreamcast or bother with cd versions. Fine with me.

That's okay, I don't think it bothers them that they won't be getting your money anymore either, since they will be making just as much off the Neo-Geo combined with selling their games on a different arcade platform. At this point in time, the Dreamcast sales are moot.

your not alone I've been trying to figure out they're wording on that for months.

Thanks Fakk2

No problem, many people have been asking questions about the NGDevTeam releases, and I am glad to be of some assistance. Any group that decides to make quality games on the Neo-Geo platform gains my attention, and I do tend to focus heavily on those games in particular. I just think that it is too bad most companies have abandoned the arcade platforms, because I find arcade style games much more fun to play than the current gen consoles, (for the most part).

Maybe the issue is exclusive to Neo XYX, because I've played Gunlord and Razion on my 2-slot with no issues. They even cycle properly when another cart is inserted. I've even had them both inserted in the 2-slot, they cycle and play perfectly.

Regards.

That is good to hear as absolutely NONE of my NGDevTeam games cycle properly at all when I have another game in any other slot on my 6 Slot cab, even when they are NGDevTeam games. Timm basically told me, "they mainly focus on making their games work on the single slot cabs", he also stated "you should just buy a good single slot board, with stereo capabilities to play their games on, or just play their games in the first slot of a multislot board". Timm also stated, "We have heard that some multislot boards function better than others, and some do work with more carts inserted, but, you need to try multiple combinations".

Now if you ask me, that means that some work, some don't, and god knows I am not going to buy another damn single slot MVS board just for their 6 releases, not when I can get them to work in the first slot of my 6 slot board. I will just play them in the first slot, OR just play them on the AES using the Daedalus Prototype that I own. Also, they need to FOCUS on making their games work on all multislot boards, as SNK made other groups do the same when making a game on the Neo-Geo. I would dare say the fact that their games work at random in these boards, is basically lack of testing on their part, and I think they should have ALL revisions of the Neo-Geo MVS boards to test their games on, instead of relying on us to do that work and respond to them for them to "work on the problem".

However, they also told me that they do NOT use the Neo-Geo's BIOS at all to avoid lawsuit issues with SNK, which can cause problems like this with multislot boards, and also makes using the memory card slot extremely problematic as well. This is why they do not like to try making new code for the multislots to function properly, or making use of the Memory Card slot. Since their code works fine for a single slot machine, they intend to stick with that, and suggest others just use single slot as well, and IF you can get them to work on Multslot boards, then you should count yourself as "lucky".

I have also hit them up many times on the Memory Card slot, (which is my personal issue with their games), and tell them how much importance it is to us playing really hard games, that some of us do NOT wish to quarter feed a game to beat them, and sometimes we want to play them the way Last Resort and Magician Lord is on the home console at least, and save our progress as we beat stages. But, they do not wish to use that either as they feel the Memory Card slot is not a part of the "Arcade Experience", so they want to abandon it altogether.

They told me that their first game of Last Hope in 2005 did have memory card support, but it is experimental, and it does not work on the Gigabit Games at all, and they wont resort to using the normal BIOS for that, no matter how much I beg and plead. That is probably my biggest complain on their games. They also said that IF they make a game like Metroid'ish, then and only then would they make memory card support. So now I dream for them to use the Gunlord code and make a killer game that uses the damn memory card one day.

Is this real? lol

298702aac6b1117ebe501ee98b098613.jpg

:D Yeah, the game has big strong bosses, (with small strong words to go with them)!