New monitor recomendations for a MVS-4-25 Big Red

Sememmon

Crazed MVS Addict
Greets!

Been a while since I've posted.. I've been neglecting my Neo Geo habit, and am working back in to things once more. My next goal is to replace the monitor in my Big Red. I'm getting a lot of color separation towards the top-left corner. :eek: All the advice and tweaking I have done so far hase not helped.. so I've decided to try and replace it.

I've been shopping around a little so far and the only thing I've found that may work is a Wells Gardner K7400 series 25" monitor at www.happcontrols.com which I'm not even sure they have in stock anymore.. they show a 25" and 27" existing but only the 27" appears orderable.

Can any of you recommend an alternative monitor and/or store that sells them? I've not ever shopped for this sort of thing before so I'm just a bit inexperienced. =\

Any help would be greatly apprecaited. Thanks guys! :buttrock:

Last edited:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Sememmon said:
Greets!

Been a while since I've posted.. I've been neglecting my Neo Geo habit, and am working back in to things once more. My next goal is to replace the monitor in my Big Red. I'm getting a lot of color separation towards the top-left corner. :eek: All the advice and tweaking I have done so far hase not helped.. so I've decided to try and replace it.

I've been shopping around a little so far and the only thing I've found that may work is a Wells Gardner K7400 series 25" monitor at www.happcontrols.com which I'm not even sure they have in stock anymore.. they show a 25" and 27" existing but only the 27" appears orderable.

Can any of you recommend an alternative monitor and/or store that sells them? I've not ever shopped for this sort of thing before so I'm just a bit inexperienced. =\

Any help would be greatly apprecaited. Thanks guys! :buttrock:

I'd only go with a 25 as I don't think a 27 will fit..

Try
http://www.betson.com/amusement/

Edit.
Oh yea..have you tried a cap kit..?

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
I have a Pentranic 25" monitor that I bought last year but it's just a tad big for my Neo25 cabinet (I actually need a 24"). It's supposed to be NEW and everything does looks new, I've just never used it :( It still has a film covering on the front of the tube.

Let me know if you're interested. I can take some pictures and we can do some measurements to make sure it fits you cab first.

Jeff

meanbean

Armored Scrum Object
If you can wait for them to get them back instock, I would buy direct from Wells-Garner. Their price is usually lower than Betson wih the 3% discount. The added plus is that if anything goes wrong, you will get fast and easy support directly from the manufacturer. Good luck on your search.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Wow, looks like I bought one of the very last 7400s for my Vampire Savior machine. I wonder why they no longer stock it? It's a wonderful standard res monitor!

Sememmon

Crazed MVS Addict
chris1 said:
I'd only go with a 25 as I don't think a 27 will fit..

Try
http://www.betson.com/amusement/

Edit.
Oh yea..have you tried a cap kit..?

Thanks for the info! Yeah, I'd definitely have to do the 25 and I'm pretty sure it'd fit..

I've not tried a cap kit. Not sure I'm .. experienced enough to want to risk doing that.

Sememmon

Crazed MVS Addict
JMKurtz said:
I have a Pentranic 25" monitor that I bought last year but it's just a tad big for my Neo25 cabinet (I actually need a 24"). It's supposed to be NEW and everything does looks new, I've just never used it :( It still has a film covering on the front of the tube.

Let me know if you're interested. I can take some pictures and we can do some measurements to make sure it fits you cab first.

Jeff

Thank you for the offer, but I think if I do go the new monitor route, I'd want to get one with a warranty and such.

Sememmon

Crazed MVS Addict
meanbean said:
If you can wait for them to get them back instock, I would buy direct from Wells-Garner. Their price is usually lower than Betson wih the 3% discount. The added plus is that if anything goes wrong, you will get fast and easy support directly from the manufacturer. Good luck on your search.

Good point, I may do that.. hafta find out what their shipping would be. Happ said that it is too big to ship via UPS so it'd be by truck and $125 just for shipping. Happ also told me that Wells is currently manufacturing them and they should be available within the next couple weeks.. so I think I might have to follow your advice unless something better comes along in the meantime.

Sememmon

Crazed MVS Addict
Spike Spiegel said:
Wow, looks like I bought one of the very last 7400s for my Vampire Savior machine. I wonder why they no longer stock it? It's a wonderful standard res monitor!

Where did you buy it from? What sort of video connection does it come with? I'm wondering if I'd have to modify my cabling at all from the neo to be able to plug in to the new monitor...

SuperGunGuru

Galford's Armourer
Spike Spiegel said:
Rumor is they are no longer going to make new 25" monitors. :( I read RGVAC all the time and that's where I first heard this.

Sememmon, I think your best bet would be to find someone who can help you install a cap kit. They only cost like 8 bucks and if it doesn't improve the picture to your liking, you can always hunt for a replacement. If they do stop making 25" monitors, it's going to be more and more important to repair what's out there.

Last edited:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
This really sucks. I wanted to get a new one here soon, too. Damn. To answer the question, the standard res standard hook up is how mine hooks in. No VGA (of course). Just the red green blue, and.... what is it, contrast? A white and black cable, I think? It's standard, so I would think the Neo one is the same. Then there's the power, of course. That's it! I don't know what to do now. What monitor should I get instead? Ugh.