New King of Fighters game in the works?

ritsuka666

n00b
Translated by Professor from MMCafe:

SNKP's updated its recruitment page.

The image on the top page will certainly rise rise eyebrows.

Its text reads "KOF development is underway. Change the history of fighting games with your own hands! [SNKPlaymore is] currently looking for new development staff!"

Some stuff in the pages have been updated. For example the qualifications for the CG designer and Technical designer page says "Past experience with PS4 or Xbox One or PS3, Xbox360"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=867794

3D King Of Fighters?

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Translated by Professor from MMCafe:

SNKP's updated its recruitment page.

The image on the top page will certainly rise rise eyebrows.

Its text reads "KOF development is underway. Change the history of fighting games with your own hands! [SNKPlaymore is] currently looking for new development staff!"

Some stuff in the pages have been updated. For example the qualifications for the CG designer and Technical designer page says "Past experience with PS4 or Xbox One or PS3, Xbox360"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=867794

3D King Of Fighters?

SNK is actually making a new game? It's about time. It's good to know SNK isn't doing only pachislots.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Has anyone here actually played Xuan Dou Zhi?

I've only seen youtube videos and it looks alright. Animation looks stiff and choppy but looks like it plays nice and the art design is cool.

I ask this becuase I think that SNK is going to go for something similar and I want to brace myself.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner

I've only seen youtube videos and it looks alright. Animation looks stiff and choppy but looks like it plays nice and the art design is cool.

I ask this becuase I think that SNK is going to go for something similar and I want to brace myself.

I don't think anybody really has, it's a Chinese only game.

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
SNK is actually making a new game? It's about time. It's good to know SNK isn't doing only pachislots.

You know, KoF XIII (2011) wasn't only KoF latest game but SNKP's latest game released for a home console.
They've been 3 years away from this business.

I don't think anybody really has, it's a Chinese only game.

I wouldn't distrust the capacity of some members to play this game.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
You know, KoF XIII (2011) wasn't only KoF latest game but SNKP's latest game released for a home console.
They've been 3 years away from business

Their mobile division seems more active then their console division.

spoonz

Quiz Detective

I have it. It's what I'm expecting them to go with as well (style wise) seeing as how SNK and Tencent has some kind of agreement going. I'm secretly wishing for something looking as good as Guilty Gear Xrd.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I have it. It's what I'm expecting them to go with as well (style wise) seeing as how SNK and Tencent has some kind of agreement going. I'm secretly wishing for something looking as good as Guilty Gear Xrd.

Didn't know that game was made by Tencent. Capcom is doing business with them as well.

So how does the game feel?

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Didn't know that game was made by Tencent. Capcom is doing business with them as well.

If capcom characters are gonna be in it, that means this the first time since svc chaos capcom and SNK characters have crossed over in a fighting game.

spoonz

Quiz Detective

The game feels pretty decent, a little slow at times but it's very much a 2.5D KOF. Only thing that bothers me with it is the bad animation.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
If capcom characters are gonna be in it, that means this the first time since svc chaos capcom and SNK characters have crossed over in a fighting game.

Coincidentally I was playing the PS2 version of SvC the other day. I remember so damn hyped for that game I used to visit SNK-Capcom several times a week checking up on it. Then the game came out...

Could have been so great man I wish Capcom had let them make the game they wanted instead of putting the squeeze on them. All the work they put into drawing all those Capcom for just an "alright I guess" game. What a waste.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Coincidentally I was playing the PS2 version of SvC the other day. I remember so damn hyped for that game I used to visit SNK-Capcom several times a week checking up on it. Then the game came out...

Could have been so great man I wish Capcom had let them make the game they wanted instead of putting the squeeze on them. All the work they put into drawing all those Capcom for just an "alright I guess" game. What a waste.

I still thought svc chaos was a decent game. But not as good as capcom vs snk 2.

Big Al

Rugal's Thug
Would be great to see SNKP actually making a game for a home console again, I just hope they stick to 2d. I can think of very few fighting games that have successfully made the jump from 2d to 3d.

I don't mind 3d effects and graphics as long as it plays 2d if you get what I mean.

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
Would be great to see SNKP actually making a game for a home console again, I just hope they stick to 2d. I can think of very few fighting games that have successfully made the jump from 2d to 3d.

I don't mind 3d effects and graphics as long as it plays 2d if you get what I mean.

A New 3D King of Fighters Game Is In Development

Siliconera got in touch with SNK Playmore to ask whether it’ll be a 3D game, to which they responded, “Indeed, a new installment in 3D in the KOF series is currently in preparation.”

The new King of Fighters game and its platform will be announced in the near future.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/05/new-3d-king-fighters-game-development/#awcGSZCuXoe5QZue.99

But hey, let's not lose hope before they show something.

may The Tardis be the only pessimist around here

Last edited:

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Just with what SNK has become recently, I cant see this game being good. But I will be overjoyed to be wrong here.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Why. Why would they make another 3d kof? "Hey, let's take one of our series' main selling points and toss it out!"

Big Al

Rugal's Thug
Yep, far too many better 3d fighters out there. They should stick to what the "were" good at and give 2d another go.

Surely they could turn a nice profit making it a downloadable game for PS3 / 4 and Xbox 360 / one? Charge about £10 / $10 a pop and sell loads with no real overheads. If stuff like Guacamelee can make money then why not this?

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
Does anyone else thinks the end of te 'Ash Era' is a great opportunity to reformulate the cast of characters ?

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Does anyone else thinks the end of te 'Ash Era' is a great opportunity to reformulate the cast of characters ?

Well, the ash saga ended in kof13, so this new kof may be a dreammatch. If it's a dreammatch, I would love to Hotaru in kof along with Kasumi.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
If it's a dreammatch, I would love to Hotaru in kof along with Kasumi.

Yeah I know Saner would love to see them too.

Personally, I'm hoping to see Micky Rogers, John Crawly, Temjin, Franco Bash, Bob Wilson, Rick Stroud, K'9999, Ron, Angel and Joker from Kizuna Encounter.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Yeah I know Saner would love to see them too.

Personally, I'm hoping to see Micky Rogers, John Crawly, Temjin, Franco Bash, Bob Wilson, Rick Stroud, K'9999, Ron, Angel and Joker from Kizuna Encounter.

I never thought of kizuna encounter characters in kof.
Am I the only one that wants metal slug characters in kof? I mean, fio was in kof99, but just as a striker.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Micky Rogers, John Crawly, Temjin, Franco Bash, Bob Wilson, Rick Stroud, K'9999, Ron, Angel and Joker from Kizuna Encounter.

Micky and John *thumbs up*

I would love to see Jubei too. Both Franco or Axel would make great additions too.

Am I the only one that wants metal slug characters in kof?

Neo Geo Battle Coliseum. Nice game.