new joystick needed for MVS

TheKRULIX

n00b
Hey guys, I'm replacing my player 2 Joystick and am wondering what you guys would recommend.
Thanks

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I assume its a Big Red cab. If so you easiest options are IL Eurostick or Sanwa JLW. Buy or make a custom plate and you can fit a JLF or LS series

TheKRULIX

n00b
Perfect, I typed in sanwa joystick Canada. The playdium store in Mississauga came up. I'm going that way this weekend anyways. Gonna grab atleast one there. Thanks for the help AJthemishima and as always James!! Love you

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
fyi, if you decide to put in a jlf or ls series just be aware that the bigger hole for the american stick will need to be cover by a oversized dustwasher or you can leave as is if it doesnt bother you

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
If you want a JLF mounted in there quick and cheap, and you've got the old Happ / IL sticks, you can bandsaw off the top 1/4" of the old stick and drill four holes, and boom - you've got a JLF adapter! That's what I did on my 4-slot big red.

TheKRULIX

n00b
me 2, that's what it says on the motherboard. I noticed the playdium store is closed weekends so I went with another happ stick online. Thanks for the feedback guys. It would be nice to get a little more creative with this stuff in the future i.e installing a pause button, memory card reader, better joysticks etc. Some day though :)

Hashrate

n00b
I assume its a Big Red cab. If so you easiest options are IL Eurostick or Sanwa JLW. Buy or make a custom plate and you can fit a JLF or LS series

Hey I am just curious what type of custom plate you are talking about. I know that FA, AS, and PAS all offer several different mounting brackets for Sanwa and Seimitsu joysticks.

I plan on putting JLFs in my dedicated big red 4 slot, as I've grown very accustomed to the Japanese style levers, and I have almost all mounting plates except for the "S" plate. Of course it would be my luck that the custom plate you are mentioning is a plate I do not already have, but please let me know if you have a chance.

Also, tyvm for the advice on the dustwashers, that has been added to my list.