New England

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
My brother in law just asked if I had interests in going up to Pinball Wizard for their going out of business sale today...

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
My brother in law just asked if I had interests in going up to Pinball Wizard for their going out of business sale today...

Hmm, I'd be interested in Viper Phase 1 and Sailor Moon. I'd imagine these aren't actually going to be priced to sell, though, and VP1 is going to be the full cab, not just the board.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Hmm, I'd be interested in Viper Phase 1 and Sailor Moon. I'd imagine these aren't actually going to be priced to sell, though, and VP1 is going to be the full cab, not just the board.

Oh I bet they'd make the buyer pay for that ridiculous tecmo thing sailor moon is in too.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
I may stop by there on my way up today. Definitely dont need another machine...

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
At Pinball Wizard... Sailor Moon is priced at 1200 for the whole thing

tomwaits

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
Anyone going to the Pintastic pinball expo in Sturbridge MA this weekend? Not much for arcade gaming but there will be a ton of free play/for sale pins and some panel presentations on Saturday.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Not really into pinball...so no.

Maybe ebinsugewa will be there (I hope you're reading this, friend)?

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
I'll be there for sure on Friday, maybe Saturday.

Hi again friends.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
pinball...I can play it for 20 mins, after that I had my fix for 5 years or so...to each their own, have a blast!

Edit: ...and I used to be into it, grew up playing a few tables around the neighborhood, now days if they're not around I'm not thinking about it, if I see one here and there I may drop a few quarters but those chances are running slim...

Last edited:

tomwaits

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
Went for the 'free play only' from 6-12 last night. Third year that I've gone to Pintastic and happy to finally see a Monster Bash there... my favorite table. It was right next to The Walking Dead so it was a pretty busy pair. Tons of other pins and a friendly crowd chatting pinball while waiting for the popular tables.

New this year is the 'VIP lounge' for people who buy the weekend superpass. It's actually the room that was used for the tournament last year and it now has about 20 popular tables that can only be played by VIPs. The VIP lounge is open overnight, so it'll probably be pretty boozy in there around 3am...

There were only a few cabs there... Tekken 5, Final Fight, Double Dragon, and a couple others. Also had Ice Chexx, Foosball, RetroN 5 consoles, and a few MegaTouch machines. The event is billed as a Pinball and Game Room Expo but it's really 95% pinball and not worth going if you're not into pinball.

I'm going back on Saturday for the panels, vendors, auction, and more free play until 2am. :)

Last edited:

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
let's do it

fun side note: friend is opening an arcade in providence in a few weeks with 100+ games. mostly classics with some pinball, skeeball, and a few fighters

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
^ Cool, that's good to hear that they'll have fighters.

I went to "Shelter" in Providence last month. It was ok.

The only cab that wasn't on was the Neo 4 slot. I asked them if there was anything wrong with it and they were just like
"oops we just didn't plug it in".

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Yeah they're mostly a pinball spot. Their vid selection is good but the condition can sometimes be hit or miss (or completely off like you said). They did have Neo Turf in the 4 slot which I was pretty happy with. They also didn't have Marvel 2 chars unlocked

54000249.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm down for a trip to Providence, what fighters are we talking about? Maybe we can bring some boards?

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
I haven't seen it open yet, just helped move a bunch of the games in a month back. If I had to guess SF2: HF, MK2, UMK3 at the very least. Don't quote me on that though. Bringing boards probably not going to happen, though we'll see what's available for cabs.

tomwaits

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
Is this new arcade open yet? I'll be in Providence on Thursday for an 80s concert and would head there early to check it out...

tomwaits

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
Thanks. Looks like Friday is opening day, but I might still go by on Thursday just to find the place and peek in the window. It's about the same distance for me as Pinball Wizard so road trips to Shelter/FreePlay might become a decent replacement.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I will be in NYC until Thurs night but will be back for the weekend. I want to touch an Astro City.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
on an unrelated note there's now an astro at game underground with tetris the grandmaster 2 if that strikes your fancy