New DavidG special - Jockey GP

TonK

Least Valuable Player
If more and more of you guys could put your issues with me aside and focus on the CRIMINAL here, we might get somewhere as a community.

Don't you guys see I'm trying to help get to the truth?

This guy made over $200k off these games and is now selling his crap in the NeoStore. But y'all are focused on me?

Come on - team up and end this shit.

I apologized for my ego getting in the way. It did. I was wrong there.

But I didn't do anything to deceive anyone.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
What ethics? I don't get this. It's not like Tonk wasn't 100% blatantly clear that there would be no refund.

True, he said that. But that was before it became blatantly obvious that everyone had been scammed. I'm pretty sure there are laws that govern these types of situations. Gains by deception, that kind of thing.

Like I said, It's not like Tonk has invested anything more than the time he would of spent on this forum anyway. He's not out of pocket because of this.

The real problem is when it comes to money, no one wants to give back what they make... :D

TonK

Least Valuable Player
See, when you people think clearly, things make sense.

And to answer Nick Goracke's question - direct it at Geddon - he can tell you what's wrong with Chamane's report.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Now some of you guys can see how I was really hurt by the way some of you jumped on me. I disappeared, truthfully, because nothing I could have said when everyone was heated would have made any difference.

A few trusted members told me to disappear - even when I wanted to defend myself.

I really did nothing wrong.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Honestly, I didn't exploit any weaknesses knowingly. I had in my hands what I thought was an extremely rare game.

The first person to buy the game saw it in person and was overwhelmed with happiness - he didn't rely on any report or anything. It was his choice. And he made it clear, if he thought the game was fake, he would have left it there.

He brought a few carts to compare it to. And I honestly told him I didn't know what to look for, but he assured me he did.

I asked him, "Do you think it's real?" His response "Very real."

I didn't exploit anyone. I let Waku7 hold the game in his hands and make his decision to take it or leave it. My brother was with me.

He was shocked at seeing it in person and was very happy.

I asked him if he thought it was real, he said yes.

I didn't exploit anyone. I also held the money until the buyers received the game and told me if they were cool with it or not.

They all were.

I asked THEM if they thought it was real. I don't know a whole bunch about homecarts.

It's really NOT my fault.

^all this

mr_e

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I agree with everything you said, especially the part about the company I laid out. If I was part of a scam, why would I give out a huge piece of the puzzle like that?

I wish some more vested people would find out what that place did for David.

He also wanted me to send money to China - he told me it was for old surplus military chips he uses in his converters.

I'll agree and say it would be stupid to disclose that and implicate yourself in something much larger, if you had the whole picture. I'm not convinced you didn't have a pretty good idea that those games were fakes and you acted out of greed. But that doesn't really matter to me. Not my money, not my problem.

I am really interested in how big Davids operation really is. It also concerns me that him and the owner of this site are now in cahoots. Seems like a convenient arrangement to bilk more people out of cash. It's just so at odds with the core values I thought this place maintained regarding boots.

Where in china did he want you to send cash? Might be useful info.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
True, he said that. But that was before it became blatantly obvious that everyone had been scammed. I'm pretty sure there are laws that govern these types of situations. Gains by deception, that kind of thing.

Like I said, It's not like Tonk has invested anything more than the time he would of spent on this forum anyway. He's not out of pocket because of this.

The real problem is when it comes to money, no one wants to give back what they make... :D

That's the role of a middleman though. The seller makes the most, the middle person gets a cut. DavidG knew Tonk had enough rep to sell his bullshit through him.

theMot

10 Year Member
If more and more of you guys could put your issues with me aside and focus on the CRIMINAL here, we might get somewhere as a community.

This guy made over $200k off these games and is now selling his crap in the NeoStore. But y'all are focused on me?

Im not focused on you. You just happened to front up so we're pecking away at you. :D

For you there is a solution that can absolve you 99% of the problem as we said.

David on the other hand is just a cunt scammer who should be banned. Banned and raped even. banned, raped and sued...

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Tonk, don't you have DavidG's address? That might help a lot. Probably some members in that area who could stop by.

goldenegg

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Tonk, don't you have DavidG's address? That might help a lot. Probably some members in that area who could stop by.

I thought that was already known. Didn't someone post the return address from one of his converters when all of this first went down?

TonK

Least Valuable Player

I do have his address and phone number.

He claims to have all these guns and shit, so whatever.

Honestly, I can't post his address up. That wouldn't reflect well on me if something did happen to him, ya know?

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member

OK fair enough....what kind of company has he set up in Toronto? Got an address for me?
Maybe the RCMP can get off their fat asses and take a closer look at this guy.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
OK fair enough....what kind of company has he set up in Toronto? Got an address for me?
Maybe the RCMP can get off their fat asses and take a closer look at this guy.

I'm asking everyone. Is his name really David Garrett?

Shawn, is that his name?

Almost all of the money orders were made out to Judith Sule.

Go from there.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
And another thing. I have my full name in a magazine and on websites around the world. How do you think I feel? I thought this was all real.

I wanted the glory. Fuck kind of scammer uses his real name and reaches out to publications for credit on the find?

I had e guys at Retro Gamer autograph me a copy of the magazine. I don't know if I should keep it or throw it out.

theMot

10 Year Member
Im sure the Canadian tax department would love to hear about him... ;)

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Jewish.
Maybe he lives around Bathurst and operates out of his house? No point looking anything up as I'm sure he knows how to cover his ass.

I saw his house in the background of a pic he sent me of his car.

I have every email he ever sent me saved.

goldenegg

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Jewish.
Maybe he lives around Bathurst and operates out of his house? No point looking anything up as I'm sure he knows how to cover his ass.

I remember a mention of him living in either Oakville or Burlington

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
kinda funny how everyone was on Tonk's ass last year and now they're all with him. just goes to show how most of you aren't very rational thinkers in a bad situation.

fwiw, i always thought TonK was played like a patsy.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Im sure the Canadian tax department would love to hear about him... ;)

I had issues with my banks because of all this.

Paid all kinds of fees and taxes to keep accepting money for him. Even had my account shut down until I provided documentation for where every dollar came from.

This shit took a huge toll on me. And wasn't worth it. Maybe $500k, not what I got. Wasn't chump change, but sure as hell not enough to even think about fucking anyone over.

goldenegg

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Wanna team up with me on a buddy cop adventure (for no other reason besides drama)?

I'm all up for,checking him out, but can't for about a week and a half. Having surgery on Thursday and am told ill need 7 - 10 days of down time.

I will try to find where his address was previously posted. I know I saw it somewhere.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
FWIW, if David is lying. I have a sworn legal document where he states the games are 100% original SNK games - signed, notarized and 2 witnesses signed as well.