NEOSD MVS Support thread !

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Put the unibios in AES mode and change the button mappings in the AES game settings menus.

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
Put the unibios in AES mode and change the button mappings in the AES game settings menus.
Hi Raz,

Thanks for the reply. When going into the Options > Button Mapping, the game will lock up and you have to do a soft reboot of the system.

More detail on that, on the 1P side, it looks like buttons are already entered. But on the 2P side, only one button is entered and the rest is dashes. This is as soon as you enter the screen (without actually pressing any buttons to map).

Looks like this:

1P
Light Punch A
Light Kick B
Heavy Punch C
Heavy Kick D

2P
Light Punch A
Light Kick -
Heavy Punch -
Heavy Kick -

At this point, the game is locked up.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Sounds like the MVS backupRAM has corrupted, you will need to reset the backupRAM from testmode hardware test.

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
Sounds like the MVS backupRAM has corrupted, you will need to reset the backupRAM from testmode hardware test.
Great, thanks for the advice. I'll give that a shot. Is that done through the Unibios menu?

I'll let you know how it works. Thanks again Raz. I appreciate the help.

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
Actually, it looks like I found my answer from a post you made a while ago:

You can also do it by going into test mode then the hardware test. Flip through the screens until you get to one says A+B+C to clear backup ram. Simply press A+B+C at that point.

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
@Razoola Thanks dude!

Just got home and was able to clear the ram through the test screen and it's fixed. Finally after over a month. Again, thanks a ton for chiming in. I owe you a drink if you're ever in Wisconsin.

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
Hey, I'm in the Madison area. You?
I'm in Fond du Lac. Your about 45 min or so from me bruva very nice. You going to the Midwest Gaming Classic later this month in Milwaukee?

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
Unfortunately no. I went a couple times a few years ago. The last year it was at the Marriott and then the first year it was at the Wisconsin Center. I'd like to go back again, I just haven't been able to make it since.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
@hawkeye_ add gmail dot com to my username and I'll send you a link to what I have. It's 5-6GB so I don't want to just drop the URL here.

J69

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hi, I've got an original NeoSD MVS cart and it's run for years without issue. Today all I get is a black screen when I turn my arcade cab on. The mobo is fine and boots to the hatch screen without the cart plugged in. It's getting +5v at the Jamma edge .

I've cleaned the cart contacts and reinserted the SD card but still get a black screen. Also get a black screen if I boot without an SD card installed.

Is this a known fault. I assume I either have a broken cart or a broken SD card? Hopefully the latter as it's cheaper to replace!

Thanks

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Hi, I've got an original NeoSD MVS cart and it's run for years without issue. Today all I get is a black screen when I turn my arcade cab on though. The mobo is fine and boots to the hatch screen without the card plugged in. It's getting +5v at the Jamma edge .

I've cleaned the cart contacts and reinserted the SD card but still get a black screen. Also get a black screen if I boot without an SD card installed.

Is this a known fault. I assume I either have a broken cart or a broken SD card? Hopefully the latter as it's cheaper to replace!

Thanks
The most recent posts in the AES thread mention putting a reset.cfg on the card. There's also a lastgame.cfg you should delete, per the official manual. That's probably what I'd try next.

Reactions: J69

maki

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Hi all, just got a NeoSD MVS module, first one ever.

I bought it used with a 32GiB SD card, the whole MVS library is supposed to be on it, looks like it so far.

I can't get it to work reliably in MVS with the first chipset (LSPC-A0, PRO-B0, PRO-C0), I've tried three of them, two MV1 and an MV4, it will reboot at random places, sometimes not even boot. Some games will appear to work but eventually they'll reboot.

It works perfectly fine with a MV2F, which has the second generation chipset (LSPC2-A2, NEO-B1, NEO-C1).

I don't have other working MVS here at the moment, so I can't test newer chipset or more with the second gen chipset.

Is this a known problem? Haven't read the whole thread here yet, I'm on it, was hoping someone would know if its a known issue.

Firmware version: 1.06 R10

Edit:
So I swapped all the caps on the MV4 and used a UniBios 3.3 (instead of the default EU BIOS), its working fine now.. this means I need to the the two MV1 as well, should be running there too

Last edited:

J69

Hardened Shock Trooper
The most recent posts in the AES thread mention putting a reset.cfg on the card. There's also a lastgame.cfg you should delete, per the official manual. That's probably what I'd try next.

Done this, still no fix. Game just shows plain black screen. Is my NeoSD cart borked?

Guys, i have the Neo sd, and in the game Real Bout Fatal Fury Special, the input commands are all wrong (c button doesnt work) and i cant change them. Yu guys experienced this? All the other game are fine, but with this one im having this problem.

boss0033

Kula's Candy
So I just got a 4-slot Big Red with a lotta restore work done including a tube swap. I just purchased the SD and all the games were already loaded on. However, I am getting some flicker during gameplay and even on the menu screen (thin white horizontal lines). I haven’t tried a regular MVS cart but I’m assuming it’s the SD cause the cross hatch screen when no cart is installed has no flicker. Has anyone experienced this and if so how was it fixed. I haven’t tried to mess with any monitor adjustments yet.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
So I just got a 4-slot Big Red with a lotta restore work done including a tube swap. I just purchased the SD and all the games were already loaded on. However, I am getting some flicker during gameplay and even on the menu screen (thin white horizontal lines). I haven’t tried a regular MVS cart but I’m assuming it’s the SD cause the cross hatch screen when no cart is installed has no flicker. Has anyone experienced this and if so how was it fixed. I haven’t tried to mess with any monitor adjustments yet.
I get graphic glitches all the time on the AES NeoSD Pro. Hitting the reset button fixes it. I wonder if a momentary power cycle on the MVS cab would work without wiring up a reset circuit on the motherboard.

Otherwise it could just be that the board is not getting enough juice for the NeoSD.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I get graphic glitches all the time on the AES NeoSD Pro. Hitting the reset button fixes it. I wonder if a momentary power cycle on the MVS cab would work without wiring up a reset circuit on the motherboard.

Otherwise it could just be that the board is not getting enough juice for the NeoSD.
Have you tried ordering a replacement PSU from the NeoStore? ;)