NEOSD MVS Support thread !

youkun

n00b
Thanks for the reply!
I have a set of FB Alpha 0.97.39 and a set of Ghostware so I tried it but I get some errors.
I want you to upload a set of .neo. I read in a past thread that there is a set of 259 + 18 = 277.
I'm sorry to say selfishness. I wish I had seen this thread earlier. .. ..

youkun

n00b
I could finally do it using another PC or using various zips. I was able to create 264 neo files. Is this correct for all registered in NeoBuilder?

Can't convert lasthope?

I also want to put in all the supported NeoGeoCDs, but 32GB isn't enough. The NeoSD manual says that it supports SD cards up to 32GB, but does it also support 64GB SD cards by formatting with software such as Fat32Formatter?

I have only questions, but if you understand, please let me know.

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
I'm using a 128GB Samsung EVO microSD card with my NeoSD Pro. No issues here.

youkun

n00b
I'm using a 128GB Samsung EVO microSD card with my NeoSD Pro. No issues here.
I tried a 64GB SD card.
I set it to FAT32 and tried it several times, but it doesn't seem to recognize more than 32GB.
I don't see anything larger than 32GB in the list.
When I transfer all the files at once, the menu only shows up to W, not after X.
If I add something that already has up to 32GB, I don't see what I added.
Do you see everything in your environment?

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
I tried a 64GB SD card.
I set it to FAT32 and tried it several times, but it doesn't seem to recognize more than 32GB.
I don't see anything larger than 32GB in the list.
When I transfer all the files at once, the menu only shows up to W, not after X.
If I add something that already has up to 32GB, I don't see what I added.
Do you see everything in your environment?
What did you use to format the SD card?
I see the full ROMset, along with all supported NGCD games.

youkun

n00b
Thank you for your quick reply.
I use SanDisk Ultra 64G.

・ IO DATA Hard Disk Formatter
・ AOMEI Partition Assistant 9.6
I used.

I got an error in Fat32Formatter.

What software do you format with?

There are 53 CD game folders and 327 neo files. 380 in total

Last edited:

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member

youkun

n00b
You could also try to format with SD Memory Card Formatter:

Then format again with fat32format, I'm using the GUI version:

This normally should work. The SD Formatter clears any extra partitions and fat32format formats it to FAT32.
Thank you for the information.
However, I did that combination, but the result did not change.

What SD card are you using?

It's not a format issue, it feels like NeoSD PRO MVS is controlling it so that it doesn't recognize more than 32GB of data.

There may be a problem with my 64GB SD card, so I'll give it a try if I can get something else.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
I don't own a Pro, I have the normal NeoSD MVS with a 32GB SanDisk. You should probably update the firmware of the Pro.
If this doesn't help buy another micro SD. I also use bigger SanDisk cards in my other Terraonion stuff. Kingston micro SD cards are also recommended.
Only buy them from legit sources and not from ebay or aliexpress.

youkun

n00b
I don't own a Pro, I have the normal NeoSD MVS with a 32GB SanDisk. You should probably update the firmware of the Pro.
If this doesn't help buy another micro SD. I also use bigger SanDisk cards in my other Terraonion stuff. Kingston micro SD cards are also recommended.
Only buy them from legit sources and not from ebay or aliexpress.
My stuff is the latest firmware.
I have a number of other Terraonion machines, but they are compatible with high capacity SD cards from the beginning.

The manual stated that NeoSD is up to 32GB, but I need about 40GB if I include everything that supports it, so I thought that NeoSD would support 64GB. is.

I have hope because @zaneiken reported that it was made with 128GB. However, since the NeoSD wiki etc. also says that it is up to 32GB, I am also thinking that NeoSD may be limiting.
I'll need to buy a 512GB SD card for another machine in the near future, so I'll give it a try.

youkun

n00b
I bought 128GB Samsung EVO Plus and tried it with some format software that I was taught. But the result was the same. When using your SD card, are all the registered titles displayed? Perhaps some titles are missing.
When I transfer all the titles to an empty SD at once, the titles starting with A ~ W are displayed. It will not be displayed after that.
When I divide it into several parts and transfer them in a different order, the transferred title is not displayed toward the end.
So, I suspect that your SD card also has all the titles in the SD card, but some titles are not displayed in the menu.

youkun

n00b
I also tried that, but after all, the ones starting with W are displayed, but the ones after X are not displayed. For example, xenocrisis and zupapa are not displayed. I see it when I delete other things to reduce the capacity.
There may be a difference between PRO and non-PRO. .. ..

I tried it on both 64GB SanDisk Ultra and 128GB Samsung Evo Plus.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Try putting them in some folders, maybe you reached the maximum of roms to be displayed. Other Flashcarts have the same issue. Worth a try.

youkun

n00b
Thank you for teaching. I tried it, but NeoSD didn't recognize the folder. Specifically, I created a folder called a-n and put more than half of the Neo files in it, but it disappears. The folder itself does not appear in the menu either.
As you say, it is possible that the number displayed has exceeded the maximum. PRO puts the CD game in a folder, so if you put neo in the folder, it may not recognize it.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I think the roms have to be in the root folder. The NeoSD doesn't allow a directory tree.

I'm not aware of any limit; at least not for the Pro version. How many total game roms do you have on your SD card?

youkun

n00b
thank you for your reply.
I'm trying with 64GB and 128GB now. There are 53 folders and 329 Neo files.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
One folder by CD game, but don't use subfolder.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 13

youkun

n00b
Yes, I don't create subfolders, I put the CD title folder in the root. Perhaps there is a limit on the number of displays or a limit on the number of files.

I'm sad because a 32GB microSD isn't enough to fit everything about 4GB. If at least 64GB shows everything, one microSD will fit everything.

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
Hi all. I've been trying to solve a problem for a while now but I'm dead in the water. I apologize, this is going to be a long post.

I'm using a NeoSD standard version on an Omega with Unibios 4.0. My problem exists with the official MoTW rom (garou.neo) which has messed up button mappings. The problem doesn't exist with any other game. In fact, even the bootleg version of MoTW (garoubl.neo) is fine.

Even stranger, this problem appeared after I had been playing the game ever since I got my setup. One day, I noticed my buttons weren't correct on 1P. On 2P, it was even worse, the B button actually input a jump and light punch. Through the process of reformatting the SD card, recopying my ROMs from my backup, finding a bunch of alternate sources of the garou.neo ROM, 1P seems to be correct again, but 2P still has messed up buttons.

A couple more oddities, when in character selection, the buttons select the character color exactly how you'd expect. (For Terry's jacket, A is brown, B is Green, C is black, D is red). So at that screen, no problems until you get into the battle. Secondly, when in AES mode and going into the Options > Button mapping, the game locks up and you need to soft reset at that point.

So far, I've tried reformatting and using a totally different SD card and sourcing the ROM elsewhere, checking the ROMs with NeoValidator (made sure it was good with no errors), including reset.cfg in the folder to reset the NeoSD, erasing the save data in Unibios, used both my own direct wire control sticks and official AES sticks, turned off backram saving, deleted the generated backup files on the SD card (even tried to take the backup created by the bootleg and rename it match the official), and switched back and forth from MVS to AES mode and let it run through the attract screens several times.

Is there anything else I might be able to try? To me, it just seems like there's some kind of memory somewhere that has an association with garou.neo that isn't getting cleared out. Again, I don't have this problem on any other game loaded into the NeoSD or on any physical carts.

I've reached out to ArcadeWorks who was very helpful, but ultimately, they think it's a NeoSD and not a console problem. I've tried to reach out to TO and I've heard nothing back.

Thanks for reading the novel and for the help.