NEOSD AES Support thread !

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
i measure it again,and it seems stable at 11.70v,so psu is okay.
so if its a software bug,nothing can be done about it.
tryed other game,and that was fine.

Shipwreck_00

Armored Scrum Object
I'm looking to buy one of these carts, but I noticed the ROMBUILDER is only for Windows? I use MAC and Android and don't have access to a Windows PC, so is the cart useless to me?

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
I'm looking to buy one of these carts, but I noticed the ROMBUILDER is only for Windows? I use MAC and Android and don't have access to a Windows PC, so is the cart useless to me?

Since it's a simple command line software (right?) I think you can run it on Macs using Wine.

Get wine here: https://www.winehq.org/

Install it, then open a terminal, cd to the directory where rombuilder is and run "wine rombuilder.exe" and is should work.

Last edited:

TwinFami

n00b
Yes...

Go to THIS link... http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...ort-thread-!&p=4140218&viewfull=1#post4140218

Download the FIRST File...

Come to chat... or ONE time PM... for password...

Extract (Using 7-zip for Windoze PC's... Macs are different...)...

Copy and past onto 16GB Micro SD card...

Fuckin' Done...

xROTx

PS. I still don't believe after 6 months I still have to tell people this...

This wouldn’t happen to have some “Pink Bullets” in it, would it? My cart is from the MAME 0.187 set and I’m getting asked to try certain games that I can’t find.

phoenixdownita

Cheng's Errand Boy
This wouldn’t happen to have some “Pink Bullets” in it, would it? My cart is from the MAME 0.187 set and I’m getting asked to try certain games that I can’t find.
Not that I know of, and if memory serves NeoSD team has stated they do not want to condone piracy against currently circulating indie/homebrews etc... so they do not plan to explicitly support those games either.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
As far as i know... NONE OF THE NG.dev titles will be officially supported by the Neosd...

Last Hope was pre-dumped and may work... but it's not officially supported...

This was agreed by Neosd and NG.Dev... however, I do recall that the NG.dev team were sorta blunt in convos with Neosd...

This is the issue with not having a forum presence... the Neosd team could've got pissed and told them to fook off... as it's not their prob if someone dumps the NG.dev library of games... (And they happen to work on the neosd device even with crc errors...)...

Smoothing over stuff is what i'm good at... however, I will happily admit I'm equally good at creating one massive fuckfest...

xROTx

PS. Gotta' take the good with the bad eh lads?

TwinFami

n00b
So, what’s this “homebrew” that people were asking me about on my Facebook post? If it’s not the NG.Dev stuff, what is it? Personally, I’d like to see a test rom like is on the NES where it checks the controller, and system chips.

FBBTJ

n00b
Hello,

I don't know if you allready talk about that "issue" but i have a overcloked Neo Geo (12 Mhz to 15 Mhz with a switch) and when i launch Metal Slug (the first one) on the NeoSD with the Neo Geo overcloked to 15Mhz the game fail :
- Overclocked set to OFF with a Debug Bios => OK
- Overclocked set to ON with a Debug Bios => KO (randomly during the first stage)
- Overclocked set to ON with the original Bios => KO (at the biginning of the first stage)
- Overclocked set to ON with the last version of UniBios => KO (at the very begining of the first stage)

We have tested this "issue" with two different Neo Geo, with the joypad and the regular joystick. But we didn't manage to reach the second stage of the game.

Last edited:

neodev

Neosd Tech
Hello,

I don't know if you allready talk about that "issue" but i have a overcloked Neo Geo (12 Mhz to 15 Mhz with a switch) and when i launch Metal Slug (the first one) on the NeoSD with the Neo Geo overcloked to 15Mhz the game fail :
- Overclocked set to OFF with a Debug Bios => OK
- Overclocked set to ON with a Debug Bios => KO (randomly during the first stage)
- Overclocked set to ON with the original Bios => KO (at the biginning of the first stage)
- Overclocked set to ON with the last version of UniBios => KO (at the very begining of the first stage)

We have tested this "issue" with two different Neo Geo, with the joypad and the regular joystick. But we didn't manage to reach the second stage of the game.

Hello

Can you do a quick test? go to the Options menu and enable the "Cartridge Mode". exit the options menu, turn the neogeo off, remove the SD card, and play the game without the SD card.

FBBTJ

n00b
OK. I will do that this evening and let you know.
By the way, this is 14.7456 Mhz (not exactly 15 Mhz).

FBBTJ

n00b
I tried without the SD card but this is the same thing. The game crash during the first stage :-(

neodev

Neosd Tech
I tried without the SD card but this is the same thing. The game crash during the first stage :-(

Did you enable cartridge mode in the options menu?. If you don't have that option, you may need to upgrade the firmware.

FBBTJ

n00b
I've just updated with NeoSD_firmware_1.06. I enabled cartrige mode and i tested with and without the SD card but this is the same. The game crash. Very very quick this time (even before the first level start).

PS (edit) : I've also tested switching OFF the overclock and i reached the midle of the second stage without any problem.

Last edited:

neodev

Neosd Tech
I've just updated with NeoSD_firmware_1.06. I enabled cartrige mode and i tested with and without the SD card but this is the same. The game crash. Very very quick this time (even before the first level start).

PS (edit) : I've also tested switching OFF the overclock and i reached the midle of the second stage without any problem.

Thanks for the test. We'll investigate the issue. Meantime, is it working fine without overclock?

FBBTJ

n00b
Yes ! It works great without overclock ! Thanks for that !

Maybe this is useless, but i also tried setting BIOS mod in AES+JAP in the NeoSD and that didn't help (with or without the SD card). I'm using a Debug BIOS. But, as i said i have tested it last month with a Neo Geo with a Uni bios and with a original bios and we have the same problem.

FBBTJ

n00b
More informations if it can help a little...

When my Neo Geo is overclocked (overclock set to ON) :
- NeoSD "Fatal Fury 2" didn't work but real cartridge of "Fatal Fury 2" work,
- NeoSD "Metal Slug X" didn't work but real cartridge of "Metal Slug X" work,
- NeoSD "Shock Troopers" didn't work but my bootleg cartridge of "Shock Troopers" works with a lot of graphic glitch,
- NeoSD "World Heroes 2" work with a lot of graphic glitch / i don't have the real cartridge of this game but maybe that there will be a lot of graphic glitch too with a real cartridge of this game.

I have tested it with and without the SD card and with the cartridge mode set to on and off. It doesn't change a thing.

When overclock is set to OFF, all these games work great with NeoSD.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
It might help to know what actually happens. If you use the unibios, does the game simply reset or do you sometimes get a unibios error screen. If so a picture of the error screens (two pictures,one with address registers and one with data registers of the same error) might be helpfull.

FBBTJ

n00b
At home, i only have a Neo Geo with a Debug Bios. It's more complicate for me if i have to test it on a Unibios Neo Geo at the shop where i gone for previous tests.
But i can do picture of error screen too. Before the firmware update, the game reset most of the time, but with the last firmware games crash a lot faster but i have error screen more often.
I will post it here if you want.

Do i have to test it with cartridge mode ON and SD card OFF or it does'nt matter ?

Last edited: