NeoSaveMasta v2: RED V2 - SOLD OUT!

Shou-sama

Armored Scrum,
Rating - 89.5%
17   2   0
Paid for 2 Red to be sent internationally. Please see my note on the payment for the shipping address since Paypal wouldn't let me select the right address...

bwi

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Payment sent , got keep the collection running. My addy is the same as before and should be with the paypal info

bwi

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Mine came today. Trilogy now complete, will have to get a cardmasta ordered off you as well, still got plenty?

bri

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
289   0   0
Yep, i plan on keeping those in stock. The biggest problem is finding the idc cables.

Tighe

Cheng's Errand Boy
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I am sending a PM for one of these. Now I need to find a card reader for my 4 slot.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I have my card and my reader for my 4 slot. I did not format the card yet but I did change the name such that it ends with a !
Trying to figure out if the card was sent as readily formatted with unibios or not... I should soon see if the high scores stay or not. If they don´t, then I´ll format :)

Looks like the high scores are staying even though I don't have any battery on the motherboard :buttrock:

Last edited:

Tighe

Cheng's Errand Boy
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I didn't format mine at all, it worked right out of the box. Also, the card reader is awesome!! If you need one for your Neo I can't recommend it enough!

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Do you mean with progress saving or high score saving too?

I'm sure you´d at least have to have unibios 3.1 and change the card username to something ending with an exclamation mark (!)

WHATS NEW IN VERSION 3.1
------------------------

Additions / Changes

Hiscore saving to memory card!!!
--------------------------------

Big thanks to smkdan for allowing the use of his code here. This is not fully
tested and there could very well be problems. To this end and to allow the greatest
testing possible this feature is also included in the free 3.0 version of the unibios.
This should work in both MVS and AES mode but given scores are saved to backupRAM on
MVS there could be extra problems. If this is the case only use the feature on AES
hardware. There may also be issues with multigame bootleg carts.

To enable, format the card using the unibios (must be formatted with unibios). Then set
the last character of the cards username to '!'.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
289   0   0
I have my card and my reader for my 4 slot. I did not format the card yet but I did change the name such that it ends with a !
Trying to figure out if the card was sent as readily formatted with unibios or not... I should soon see if the high scores stay or not. If they don´t, then I´ll format :)

Looks like the high scores are staying even though I don't have any battery on the motherboard :buttrock:

Yeah, these were all formatted with a UniBios and saves were copied from other cards for testing purposes.

gegrago

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Is there any difference between the white and red versions besides the color?
Interested in one.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
289   0   0
The White Low Cost version that didn't have the switch was a 8k memory card. The first White one was 32k. There isnt anything different between the White 32k and the Red 32k except for the color.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
289   0   0
Ok, do you still have a white one>?
thanks.

I'm out of the Low Cost one, but I have a few White 32k ones left. If you want a White one, you can order from my site and put in the PayPal notes saying you would rather have the white one.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Two questions:

If I format, does it format both sides of the card or just the one selected by the switch?
Is there a way to copy high scores from one side to the other?
(I might want to have the other side for visitors where they would see my high scores but not be able to load my game progress)

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
289   0   0
Two questions:

If I format, does it format both sides of the card or just the one selected by the switch?
Is there a way to copy high scores from one side to the other?
(I might want to have the other side for visitors where they would see my high scores but not be able to load my game progress)

When you format the card, it only formats the selected bank. To copy scores, I assume you can just go to the memory card manager and copy individual scores manually.

Does the NSM works for a multicart?

I get reports that some multi carts work, and some dont. I cant officially say that the memory card will 100% work with current or future multicarts. I can say it works on all original Neo games. It has been tested on every single original game and contains saves for them.

gegrago

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
ok, I'll put my order then for a white one. The official memory card does works with my multicart and my mv2f but it's annoying that only can hold so much. Anyhow will report back.
Thanks a bunch.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
When you format the card, it only formats the selected bank. To copy scores, I assume you can just go to the memory card manager and copy individual scores manually.

Actually, the problem was that I didnt find the high scores in the manager, only progress saves. It was simply that I expected the high scores to be near the progress saves but they weren´t. I hadn´t browsed all the way to the end of the list of saves but now that I did, I can see that I have the high scores there, listed like GAME NAME H.S so that there is H.S at the end to signify that data being high score. I wonder what happens though if the game name is very long... hmm... I guess I´ll have to test and see :)

Tested and for example World heroes perfect progress save is called WORLD HEROES PERFECT and the high score is called WH PERFECT H.S so looks like long game names are not a problem for high score saving :)

Last edited: