NeoGeo CD SD Loader

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I've used the search but didn't find anything on the topic.

http://furrtek.free.fr/sdloader/

They are releasing an sd loader for the NGCD, allegedly in a month or so. For me it's great news if the load times are OK, we'll wait and see but I plan on buying one from the first batch just to give it a try.

Thoughts about this?

And speaking of NGCD, I have a top loader with a JP PSU and I have to go through the hassle of voltage converter and everything. Is there a way to get a EU/220V PSU without having to buy a expensive original one?

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
You have no idea how frustrated I am that I literally threw out my 'backup' Neo CD unit because the optical drive failed, and I tried repairing/replacing the drive, which didn't work, so I gave up. This was almost 20 years ago; it never occurred to me that there would ever be optical drive emulators. I still have my original Neo CD (purchased new from SNK in the 'States), but I don't want to replace the drive in that one. Fvck.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
You have no idea how frustrated I am that I literally threw out my 'backup' Neo CD unit because the optical drive failed, and I tried repairing/replacing the drive, which didn't work, so I gave up. This was almost 20 years ago; it never occurred to me that there would ever be optical drive emulators. I still have my original Neo CD (purchased new from SNK in the 'States), but I don't want to replace the drive in that one. Fvck.

That is so frustrating! how do you live with yourself!?

NexusX

Astra Superstar
So what is this going to be priced at? They offer the shipping costs but no unit pricing that I could see.

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate
So what is this going to be priced at? They offer the shipping costs but no unit pricing that I could see.

They just said "2 digits" price. So I'm guessing around 90$

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I really like that it maintains capability to also run CDs, best of both worlds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
What kind of load times could the SD provide compared to what was it, 2x if you upgraded to a CDZ? :scratch:

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate
What kind of load times could the SD provide compared to what was it, 2x if you upgraded to a CDZ? :scratch:

This I think is the main issue. Furrtek said that they will improve but that the ram will be the limiting part anyhow so...

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
This is a great product for those into CD stuff, I mean if you like a reduced library and less frames of animation. But those CD tunes right? BETTER.

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
Very cool! It will be interesting to see what they can do with the load times.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
This is a great product for those into CD stuff, I mean if you like a reduced library and less frames of animation. But those CD tunes right? BETTER.

How dare you besmirch the mighty name of the Best Neo Geo.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
The pre order/interest list is open now for those who are interested.

Thanks for the heads up. At their current price this seems more than reasonable to make an old top loader relevant again. Registered

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Thanks for the heads up. At their current price this seems more than reasonable to make an old top loader relevant again. Registered

Yeah I think 75E is pretty reasonable considering you can leave the CD drive in also if you wish.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
I've been waiting for something like this for awhile now. I'm excited to see how it turns out.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Any updates? I have a NG Cd with a dead laser that this would be great for.

zouzzz

Geese's Thug
here.png