Neobitz Presents "Knight's Chance" - AES Pre-Orders Now Open

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I think the reason why there is interest for a cd version is because this is the type of game where the neogeo cd shines. The load times couldnt possibly be that great and we'd get better sound quality. Maybe some extras and minis too. Its also the cheapest way to release something ever.

How would you get better sound quality?

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
You mean Kurtz isn't going to re-score the entire game for a CD release and add an extra level just for CD users? What a jerk. Man, I think some of your expectations for a homebrew release are a bit... insane.

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
NeoGeo CD is probably the best system for NeoGeo Homebrew: no destruction of MVS/AES, very short loading, little price... what else ?

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Very short loading only in slo-mo-town.
For a card game? Like seriously the loading would be fast. Look how fast last hope loads on cd. Its the quickest loading neogeo cd release. Obviously tricks and technicals must have been learned over the years for this to be possible.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Higher sample rates and arranged music using red book audio i'd assume.

Eh. You must be trolling, so I shouldn't really pay attention to you... but who exactly is going to be doing this arranged music? You want special music made just for you and the handful of people that will buy the CD? Like that amount of work that would need to be put into this is worth the... what? Should I even ask what price point you'd like this to come out to? I'm sure dirt fucking cheap, right? Like this effort is going to even be worth it? What a joke.

SSS

neo retired
This should really be on the hyper. Cd quality music and high res graphics. Get on it, kurtz

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Eh. You must be trolling, so I shouldn't really pay attention to you... but who exactly is going to be doing this arranged music? You want special music made just for you and the handful of people that will buy the CD? Like that amount of work that would need to be put into this is worth the... what? Should I even ask what price point you'd like this to come out to? I'm sure dirt fucking cheap, right? Like this effort is going to even be worth it? What a joke.
A reasonable price based on quality of packaging. Last hope was 50 and has amazing packaging and a bonus dvd with video play threws. I'd at least expect a nice full color manual and a unique cd cover. I think $65 to $75 would be more reasonable to cover the limited product. CDs cost little to nothing to get pressed.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It took NG: DEV 3 years to sell 500 copies of Last Hope NGCD.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Absolutely. There is no real market for a CD Version. Live with it.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
I posted a video of Knight's Chance attract sequence on facebook but for those that don't use facebook, I also posted it on youutube:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I posted a video of Knight's Chance attract sequence on facebook but for those that don't use facebook, I also posted it on youutube:

That looks nothing like a homebrew. I swear we need to make a new term for "homebrews" that look high production. Awesome work with the art and cinematography.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
That looks nothing like a homebrew. I swear we need to make a new term for "homebrews" that look high production. Awesome work with the art and cinematography.

That would be independent release, unless you wanted something with more oomph and meaning to it.

@Alaska-

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member

that is if you want to give a bad emphasis to the word "homebrew"
homebrew would roughly mean made at home with no endorsement by the system maker nor an official producer or publisher
homebrew still stands in this case
but i don't think it deserve that bad treatment, when just too often people use it to describe something not only with no official legitimacy but even a very bad work
which is not really the case here
homebrew means brew at home, not shitty games per se

and so on independent doesn't explain anything to me

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
that is if you want to give a bad emphasis to the word "homebrew"
homebrew would roughly mean made at home with no endorsement by the system maker nor an official producer or publisher
homebrew still stands in this case
but i don't think it deserve that bad treatment, when just too often people use it to describe something not only with no official legitimacy but even a very bad work
which is not really the case here
homebrew means brew at home, not shitty games per se

and so on independent doesn't explain anything to me

That's exactly what I mean. When people hear the word "homebrew" they think of poor/low production games made by someone that was bored one day. The quality of games being made now under the same belt by NGDEV and Neobitz need to be categorized differently. And these games are only going to get better and better.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
It is apparent from the intro alone that Jeff is 100% in tune with those intangible unexplainable things that makes the neo great, really amazing so far, can't wait to play it.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member

So good. The art style is wonderful on this game.

scrubsy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I am hyped for this. Can't wait to order this. I hope you keep the neo dream alive with more games in the future!