Neobitz Presents "Knight's Chance" - AES Pre-Orders Now Open

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
I think it quickly deteriorated into: if an NgDev does it it will be $400. But I agree with you on that point, that's not a bad idea if speeds up the process and helps bring down cost.

I doubt it will be much less than $400 if Neobitz does it on its own. The benefits of NGDEV publishing the games are many, primarily 1) collectors will have more uniform styles and arrays of games 2) AES - chances are someone will want AES and will do whatever it takes to convert them, more sac carts to follow. So why not have fresh new AES carts just like Gunlord offered from the beginning? 3) Dreamcast - more people will have access to the games. 4) Finally, simply more games. Jeff already has many ideas but he simply doesn't have the time. If more games are created, it'll be a win-win-win situation (Neobitz-NGDEV-consumers) for all involved.

RedSpotGames is in very similar role for newly developed Dreamcast games. They took some games from indie developers and publish on their behalf.

edit: second thought, since Jeff is almost done with MVS, perhaps it's quicker for him to publish it at this point. NGDEV can help Jeff publish AES and Dreamcast versions, this probably needs some confirmation soon after MVS release else some more poor SNK carts will be sacced (while Neobitz won't do it, someone else will).

Last edited:

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Hmmm after seeing the beautiful insert I hope that Jeff releases a small print of 60 copies of LE Shock Box MVS versions of the game like NG Dev Team does. I really do prefer that over the Brown Box MVS carts that SNK produced. The brown boxes were made for Arcade vendors since they usually throw away the case and just use the carts. For anyone that likes the look of an AES case though but want the game on MVS, the LE Shockbox editions are a great choice. Also it would be nice if Jeff spoke to NG Dev Team about getting some limited Edition MVS wooden cases as well for a limited run of Shockbox versions of the game. I'm looking forward to this new game on Neo-Geo very much along with anything Jeff makes for us in the future.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I would agree that I would like a shockboxed version of the game over one in a cardboard kit box; however, I don't think that wooden carts or any other extravagance need brought into this release. A simple cart with a plastic case and label would do me just fine. A shockbox and any sort of artwork would be icing on the cake.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
why not settle for a cart? That's all I need to play... and that's what I want the most. If you're looking for a shockbox, buy one and have the inlay printed somewhere lokaly.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
My plan (which is subject to change) is to offer a basic style kit in the tradition of standard MVS carts as well as an upgrade to Collector's Edition which would include, at a minimum, a shock box with insert.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
My plan (which is subject to change) is to offer a basic style kit in the tradition of standard MVS carts as well as an upgrade to Collector's Edition which would include, at a minimum, a shock box with insert.

Awesome! I hope you do number the Collector's Editions like NG Dev does. ;) a wooden MVS shell would be nice as well. :)

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Bump.

How are things going with the project, Jeff? Any news to share? :D

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Thanks for the bump. I was going to do it myself. I received sample mini marquees and cart labels today so I may post those on facebook this evening :)

The game is 98% complete. Just finishing up some last bitz of stuff before pre-orders and production.

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
This game can make in AES version? I would like to buy in AES version really :)

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Great to hear things are moving along. This is definitely on my most-wanted list for the year! :D

Elder

NEST Puppet

If this pans out I would LOVE that! I'm a sucker for limited editions :-P

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Dude take my money already, I'm getting anxious!

Same. I've had this on my "things to buy" list for all of 2013. I still can't wait for the MVS release. Limited edition or not, I think bundling it with a mini marquee is an excellent idea (especially considering how awesome the artwork/shockbox insert is).

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I'd be in for one, definitely. An MVS cart would be nice, but definitely a CD release for me for sure.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I would probably buy both, a CD would be very cool to see though.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I'm actually surprised there are so many CD players still. I really didn't think that system had the wide appeal. Either way, if it's easy to port, it might be worth it. It looks like CDs would sell. I'll take an MVS version, though :p That'll do me just fine.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
I guess we have to wait and see what options we have.

If choices are made available, I would like to have a complete home cart version, and also a loose MVS cart as well as a title card. I don't care for MVS packaging whatsoever, be it brown kit boxes or shock boxes. And I would have zero interest in a CD version.

And actually, to be moire specific, if the game is not "programmed" with what is needed to run properly in an MVS coin operated environment. (in other words if mvs mode is stuck on freeplay and cannot be changed) then I have zero interest in an MVS version as well. Reason being the only reason I would purchase an MVS cart and card would be to put it on the route.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I think the reason why there is interest for a cd version is because this is the type of game where the neogeo cd shines. The load times couldnt possibly be that great and we'd get better sound quality. Maybe some extras and minis too. Its also the cheapest way to release something ever.