Neo Super Candy 29 - Failing PSU HELP

gargoyle7

20 Year Member
SO I've had this thing for 18 years and it has given great service, and continues to, BUT worried the PSU may be going, and I'm not a pro at hardware so looking to you all.

SO perfect performance with a 1 slot, flawless, so thats still good.

BUT with a 4 slot 1 or 2 slots routinely have garbled graphics that go in and out, YES I have had the board checked twice and each time runs flawlessly on their cab without symptom. I have tried ALL variations of carts, still no go.

THE PSU POT IS TURNED ALL THE WAY UP symptom still there

Any ideas for a fix? New power supply? If so where to get? How much and how hard to install? Links always helpful.

OR is there a voltage converter that I could just go through to get to US current?

Thanks so much everybody

Lee (garg7)

Old School Garg's Neo Temple

PS the more I think about it 4 slots have ALWAYS been wonky over the years, thought was dirty carts, worn cart slots, but last 3 years its worse, 2 slots play flawlessly , 1 or 2 others have garbled graphics

Last edited:

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
1) If 1-slots work, your cab is prob wired for JAMMA, not MVS. 2) You should use a multimeter to check your voltage. 3) You're going to damage something if you turn your PSU 5v pot all the way up. 4) A 100v voltage stepper is not a substitute for a power supply.

gargoyle7

20 Year Member
thanks daskrabs, nah certain it is wired for MVS, 4 slot ran well for many years. Actually the POT was turned up all the way when I got it. If I turn it down, the board starts up, then just dies. Can someone walk me through checking with a multimeter? Thanks

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
thanks daskrabs, nah certain it is wired for MVS, 4 slot ran well for many years. Actually the POT was turned up all the way when I got it. If I turn it down, the board starts up, then just dies. Can someone walk me through checking with a multimeter? Thanks

[video]https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=check+arcade+power+supply+vol tage[/video]

gargoyle7

20 Year Member
turns out was a loose connector on the board, changing angle and tightening pins has it back working 100% BUT board no longer holds scores and settings in memory:)