Neo Secret Santa 2022!!

poutine

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
It's pretty unacceptable to ignore everything and then just come around super late with no explanation like everything is cool.
Unless you’re clinically mentally challenged, which I think poor Greggy is.

Alarm bells should have been ringing when he was late to even enter.

Then again talk is cheap, I didn’t even enter the Secret Santa 🍆

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Is he really special? If so I can be ok with it. Or is it a dig? I can't tell.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I mean.... Should I feel bad about perma banning him? Consensus from fellow Secret Santa plz.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
I'm not part of the Secret Santa thing though I've been impressed with the members' participation and cool gifts they give to one another every year. Still, the best laid plans of mice and men seems to always be spoiled by at least one person every time and apparently this year is no exception. My thinking on the Secret Santa is that if you choose to participate, you should be all in or don't bother to sign up...PERIOD! I know unexpected things pop up like personal issues, trying to find a certain item, how to draw a proper cawk and delivery issues due to massive snow storms but at the very least, keep others informed about possible hardships and delays. Don't wait to the last minute and have others trying to get in touch to see WTF is going on. And definitely do NOT act like it was a forgotten thing and downplay the reasons after the fact.

Sorry if this is overkill on my understanding on the situation but that's the way this should be. Anyone failing to live up to what's essentially a promise to the rules of the Secret Santa should no longer be allowed to participate in future ones.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
100% agree with the above concerning what happened. If this is something you'd like to partake in, then be in it 100%. If you run into trouble, let the organizer know ASAP so they can arrange something else. A simple communication could have avoided much drama (as is most always the case).

A personal "sorry man" would have been welcome, sure. At the same time, I'm not too fussed. I had a lot of fun sourcing the gift for @sr20det510 and putting that all together so that it's own kinda pleasure.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Is he really special?
He's not special enough to get special treatment.

Edit: Also him coming back here and acting like nothing happen it probably something he's used to doing because people have constantly cut him slack his whole life because he's awkward and flaky. That's a lack of self awareness and accountability that he's been afforded that a normal person wouldn't get. He's not mentally challenged, he's just an immature weirdo.

Last edited:

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I mean he absolutely made no effort to contact me after multiple tries on my end. I'm pretty laid back. If he had messaged me saying he was having issues I could have helped him work it out. The community here and running Secret Santa is super important to me.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
100% agree with the above concerning what happened. If this is something you'd like to partake in, then be in it 100%. If you run into trouble, let the organizer know ASAP so they can arrange something else. A simple communication could have avoided much drama (as is most always the case).

A personal "sorry man" would have been welcome, sure. At the same time, I'm not too fussed. I had a lot of fun sourcing the gift for @sr20det510 and putting that all together so that it's own kinda pleasure.
Well no matter what you've got cool stuff coming! Hopefully you'll wanna participate next year. We got some great members and Secret Santa is a yearly highlight for me.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
If GregN makes good on a late gift for yagamikun, I'd just ban him from future Secret Santas (at least for one year), and that's it. If yagamikun still doesn't get anything from him at all, then I'd say that warrants a complete forum ban for life.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
If GregN makes good on a late gift for yagamikun, I'd just ban him from future Secret Santas (at least for one year), and that's it. If yagamikun still doesn't get anything from him at all, then I'd say that warrants a complete forum ban for life.
wut? No, he isn't even aware that he dropped the ball. He showed what he received for gifts after noticing people were pissed about his lack of participation. Then shows what he got for gifts. Maybe I'm missing something here, but I'm pretty sure he never sent a package of gifts to his secret santa person

@M

20 Year Member
Not yet, but, he said he'll have it in the mail early next week.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I don't think I ever got the email.. Could you re-send it. Times running out!
This post made like a week before Xmas was just something, like there's no way you're making that right unless you rush shipped something that moment. Meanwhile most of us had already received our boxes (opened or not) by the time Greg was like "oh I didn't get the email"

@M

20 Year Member
And, for the record, if GregN just casually regifts what was sent to him (but drinks half the pop first) and sends that to yagamikun, he wins the title of best NG.com troll ever and his legend will live forever.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I double checked the delivery stamp. He definitely received the email.

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
Neo-Geo.com’s very own Ed Gein doesn’t care about a custom rank. This guy looks like he strangles hitchhikers. Mike consider yourself lucky he doesn’t have your address.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Well, GregN did come through...

Got some old, but good magazines (one missing half the front cover, lol), a mega man 2 dedicated console thing, and an SNK art book I didn't actually own. Always fun to relive some memories in these old Gamefan mags. Thanks!

1672793643040.png1672793682171.png