NEO SD Boot

geladobom

War Room Troll
Why Neo SD Boot is not emulated yet in Windows?
I really like that easy frontend and i want one for Windows.

Attachments

• D_NQ_NP_658402-MLB29464744660_022019-O.jpg
    D_NQ_NP_658402-MLB29464744660_022019-O.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 16

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It's TO's proprietary front end for their flash cart. I'm sure someone could make a much better emulator front end.

traveno

Rugal's Thug
You should email TerraOnion and ask them to open source their flash cart front end. Since you have a way with words and all.. you might just convince them.

Imagine the possibilities if we had access to the flash cart firmware. We could possibly even make use of that undocumented USB port on the side of the pro model.

I know it won’t happen though.

geladobom

War Room Troll
You should email TerraOnion and ask them to open source their flash cart front end. Since you have a way with words and all.. you might just convince them.

Imagine the possibilities if we had access to the flash cart firmware. We could possibly even make use of that undocumented USB port on the side of the pro model.

I know it won’t happen though.
If is not a source or even a frontend? It looks like a rom to me or it's neoragex masked. :unsure:

geladobom

War Room Troll
It's TO's proprietary front end for their flash cart. I'm sure someone could make a much better emulator front end.
I really want is a simple .exe could make any frontends in your photoshop and choose what position we want it, since that malafe is very old and it doesn´t read new mame versions. Hyperspin? No thank you.

FredyFired

Fired up the fuck
Noob of the Year
I really want is a simple .exe could make any frontends in your photoshop and choose what position we want it, since that malafe is very old and it doesn´t read new mame versions. Hyperspin? No thank you.
https://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Frontends

Go wild with one from here, the NeoSD frontend can easily be made into one of these. I really don't understand why would you want this tho, if you are on Windows just use plain FB Neo, it already has what you want built in, no additional stuff needed.

fbneo.PNG

In case you didn't know, that's how it looks like.

geladobom

War Room Troll
Last edited:

geladobom

War Room Troll
One info.
NeoSD - Neo games are running on Nintendo DS emulator too.
So it is possible to run as well on windows.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Ahh yeh of course I thought the same thing.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
We could possibly even make use of that undocumented USB port on the side of the pro model.
If you ask TO they can send you a tool for using the USB port. The tool is super raw, but it does work.

geladobom

War Room Troll
You can run neo geo games in windows :unsure:
Yes i know, but the neo thing is different.
The idea is making the neosd boot reading on windows and people just adding the games they want it.
Like Neogeoragex, but less complicated to add the codes and convert them.
Like a complete box, everyone wants a complete box in the system.
A nother example, someone just shares to you a demo game of neogeo, you don´t wanna share to the mame community but they want to test it on windows before putting on the cart, just simple convert to neo file and run the neosd emulator in.
This is great for testers and highly obsessed with collection.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Yes i know, but the neo thing is different.
The idea is making the neosd boot reading on windows and people just adding the games they want it.
Like Neogeoragex, but less complicated to add the codes and convert them.
Like a complete box, everyone wants a complete box in the system.
A nother example, someone just shares to you a demo game of neogeo, you don´t wanna share to the mame community but they want to test it on windows before putting on the cart, just simple convert to neo file and run the neosd emulator in.
This is great for testers and highly obsessed with collection.
Ahh sorry I totally misunderstood.
But can't you add the codes to neogeoragex? I thought if you compile and convert with the codes you will have the complete box? or am I missing something?
Anyway yes you don't want the mame community with the demo before putting it on a cart without a test!

Keep us updated if you figure this out!