Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

carnicero27

Mega Shock!!
near 2 months this shit was release and still there aren´t news about games.

the worst of all this is when you ask on facebook pages "tommo, neogeo x, funstock.co.uk" about the games. where are the games? titles? when you talk about the future releases,etc..
what is my answer? they remove my messages and when i put again the same, do you know what happen? my message is remove and i have been blocked. i can write anymore in that pages.

if you dont believe me, try to do it and you will see :D

sorry guy but i need say it again
TOMMO LAUGH IN YOUR FACE!!
and this is the ugly truth!

carnicero27

Mega Shock!!
That's cause they don't care, they have already fleeced you for your money.

the problem of tommo is that they never said the true about the games. i remenber when they talk about future games when the portable still not was release. they said promises but promises that still has not arrived.
that confirms that they never talk with snk to release probably the 90% of the games and was only 21 games. now they see that console has a very good sales and now they are talking with snk to release more games. but snk maybe wants now a lot of money for copyrights and that its because near 2 months is not games on shops yet.
if they talked from the begining about all games, probably the games it could be release in next week or 2 weeks neogeo x gold is out.

now on facebook they are showing something like: sengoku or top hunter. but those games are games that nobody thinks.
people what see other games. of course that games is very good if they release, but if i buy this console its to buy: windjammers, neo turf masters, kof96,98,99,2000, super sidekicks 2,3, ultimate 11, samurai shodown 4, savage reign, puzzle bobble, fatal fury 3, fatal fury real bout 2, garou mark of the wolves, aero fighters 2, 3, metal slug 2, X, 3, 4, 5. etc..

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
This is why I waited to see if they would deliver on their promise of exclusives.

Gamemaster

20 Year Member
Actually im kinda messing with myself, i got a AES with a lot games ( even rare ones ), i got a Dingoo A320 and i like to have a NGX too. Reading so much bad stuff about the Unit and tbh it is expensive junk but im still tempting to buy one. It will cost me 200€ when i import it from Amazon to Germany. Then again i read about all the flaws and bad quality i really dont want to buy it.
I dont really need the unit but the design of the whole thing really looks nice, to bad its all bad quality. I would buy the NGX only for one reason the thumbstick. I liked it on the Neo-Geo Pocket but not that much on the NG CD ( needless to say i own em too with a lot games ).

I like to hack thouse things and the NGX looks nice but with quality issues, bad CS and no way to send the unit back inexpensive to Amazon if its faulty im not goin to spend 200€ on it. The Dingoo did cost me 52€ from DX back then thought.

But i really want one, to bad its so crappy. Damn that so stupid i would love to buy one if the quality was way better.

Im really goin crasy over this. But better not buy then to go crasy about expensive Junk right ?

crujones4life

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Actually im kinda messing with myself, i got a AES with a lot games ( even rare ones ), i got a Dingoo A320 and i like to have a NGX too. Reading so much bad stuff about the Unit and tbh it is expensive junk but im still tempting to buy one. It will cost me 200€ when i import it from Amazon to Germany. Then again i read about all the flaws and bad quality i really dont want to buy it.
I dont really need the unit but the design of the whole thing really looks nice, to bad its all bad quality. I would buy the NGX only for one reason the thumbstick. I liked it on the Neo-Geo Pocket but not that much on the NG CD ( needless to say i own em too with a lot games ).

I like to hack thouse things and the NGX looks nice but with quality issues, bad CS and no way to send the unit back inexpensive to Amazon if its faulty im not goin to spend 200€ on it. The Dingoo did cost me 52€ from DX back then thought.

But i really want one, to bad its so crappy. Damn that so stupid i would love to buy one if the quality was way better.

Im really goin crasy over this. But better not buy then to go crasy about expensive Junk right ?

Wrong.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I can't understand what is taking Tommo so long to make an announcement, because we as a community have been given no information at all. The only information given by Tommo is that we can expect an announcement shortly. Shortly may be another two months for all we know, it may be next week. I guess we just need to remain patient.

I really do hope they deliver with the firmware updates, new games, charger, accessories, etc, etc...

carnicero27

Mega Shock!!
today is an special day.
2 months neogeo x gold was release and still can´t see news about the future of this portable.

TOMMO LAUGH IN YOUR FACE!!

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I got an adapter so waiting for games is not an issue for me but if I never had one I would be getting seriously pissed off by now BTW Gamemaster its not that crappy, 90 percent who say it is have not even played it, sure it has issues but far from crappy, I have no picture issue at all since using it on my CRT, I had lots of flickering and blocky graphics via HDMI though, im guess the games they installed were not of the best quality cause the ones on the adapter look crisp and sweet :)

Tripp_655321

New Challenger
I've heard a few people's complaints over the NGX. I understand it may have a couple bugs, it may be out dated, the AES, and MVS are better etc... Does this remind you of anything? Neo Geo CD perhapse? I believe if enough people support it, we will get new SNK releases on the system as well as ports. I for one am in high hopes.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
I've heard a few people's complaints over the NGX. I understand it may have a couple bugs, it may be out dated, the AES, and MVS are better etc... Does this remind you of anything? Neo Geo CD perhapse? I believe if enough people support it, we will get new SNK releases on the system as well as ports. I for one am in high hopes.

Yes. YES. That's exactly what it reminds me of, now that you say it! I very much agree, and share that belief/hope! Maybe that comes from also being a Neo Geo CD owner/collector/man I love that system. Either way, I can't find it in me to care what others think about the NGX. I'm enjoying it, and plan on supporting it, and to me that's about all that matters to me for my thoughts on it!

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I am glad it doesnt have load times like the neo cd as thar would be total shit

Tripp_655321

New Challenger
I don't have a NGCD, but that's because i spent too much on my MVS, and AES collection. I finally decided to buy one when the NGX came out and decided to invest my dough in it instead. Hopefully they release NGCD titles for it..... like Samurai Showdown RPG, with no load lag!

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
The NGCD was my first major Neo buy, my Neo Pocket colour being my gateway system. My wallet sadly did not agree with the idea of buying games like the later KOF titles, and The Last Blade games, or just building a library on the AES, and I'm still undecided about MVS collecting! The game pricing is very attractive, but the startup costs (building the cab, or buying a consolized version) give me pause. So I just stuck with the NGCD and it served me very well. And believe me I hope more than anything to see some of the NGCD exclusives show up here, Like SSRPG. I own it for my NGCD... but I'll be damned if I can read it and play! The soundtrack is nice to listen to, though.

Gamemaster

20 Year Member
Well Ive seen vids with comparsions and i must say the screen and the sound is really bad.
That said the NGX is only a better Dingoo, thats for sure. But the price of 200$ seem not to high actually.
I think the NGX unit itself is worth around 90$ the Dingoo A320 back then was 72$.
The powersupply 3-4$, HDMI cable 3$, Composite Cable 2$. The dockingstation a few extension cables, bit plastic and a cheap USB Hub around 10$, SD card for Ninjamasters 3$, Arcadestick i would guess around 20$, Instructions and packaging 10$. So we have 142$ add licence for the games and some shipping per unit you might come out with 150$.
So they make 50$ or less and the retrailer also makes a few bucks.

So yeah i wont say its to bad, but importing it would cost me due import dutys 200€ ( Around 270$ ) or if i buy in Europe 225-350€ ( 300$-470$). That is way to much.

Tripp_655321

New Challenger
Yeah, i got Neo Geo feaver when i started. AES, MVS cab, NGPC, mods, new parts, games, shock boxes, inserts, mini marquees. It's easy to forget that you have to buy food sometime LOL!

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor

WTF? Seriously? You're comparing NeoGeo CD, a system released in 1994 which featured REAL NeoGeo hardware, to a junky Chinese emulator stamped with "NeoGeo" released in 2012?

There is NO comparison. I think this is the biggest insult of the NeoGeoX. Some people have actually twisted their minds into thinking of this thing as somehow being real NeoGeo. It's not. It's so obvious it wasn't even designed for NeoGeo in the first place (look at the 16:9 screen and the control layout). Tommo just took some existing design, talked SNKP into giving them a license (they probably just need money at SNKP pretty badly), and shoved it out the door (i.e. the unlicensed, unoptimized, buggy FBA emulator being used).

Enjoy your NeoGeoX if you will, but please don't directly compare it to real NeoGeo hardware. It's not. You seem to have owned a lot of real NeoGeo systems, so you of all people surely understand that.

Last edited:

Neo x

War Room Troll
No, it's not. It's emulating (poorly) AES hardware, which is x68000 based 16bit hardware.

It's as "real" as a PSP running a NeoGeo emulator.

Why do you AES dudes hate the x so much? Did the neo geo x come to your house and Fart in your kitchen while you was playing your 50 year old AES?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Why do you AES dudes hate the x so much? Did the neo geo x come to your house and Fart in your kitchen while you was playing your 50 year old AES?

No it did not, but what the Neo Geo X did do is raise the price on sadness.