Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

TrazLord

n00b
Got it in and am playing it now. First impressions are the handheld is really really cool. I like how it feels. I like the clicky stick. The buttons are real solid. Image quality is real good.

TV on the other hand through HDMI out looks horrible. I have an Analogue cmvs slim with component cables and let me tell you, the analogue cmvs slays it. There is no contest. I won't be using this as a TV device for sure. More impressions forthcoming when the handheld charges.

chimera

New Challenger
I don't believe anyone addressed this yet, but there is Japanese region available in Sam Sho 2 and for the European members there is an option to switch between PAL and NTSC. Chimera, I am also getting clipping through HDMI.

I just tested it on my other hd tv that lets me play with my the video signals size and i can get it all to show normally without clipping when using the hdmi cord. Its hard to explain.
but it normally shows cropped on other hd tvs i connected it too. Even when setting the tv ratio to 4:3 or 16:9. o well i can live with the av connections.
thanks for your input on the clipping too HitokiriRyu.

Last edited:

Superdanx

Goal! Goal! Goal!
10 Year Member
the power supply reads

MODEL NO: LGSPSA050150UL
INPUT:100-240V~50/60Hz 190mA
OUTPUT: 5V 1500mA

hope that helps. i dont know what you mean by psu "power supply unit"? im kinda noobish to electronic terminology lol. o well.

Yes PSU = power supply unit. Very helpful thanks very much for that. As far as I can tell, a travel adaptor would be all I need to use my NGX in the UK (two pin to three pin) so that's great :)

Last edited:

HitokiriRyu

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
I just tested it on my other hd tv that lets me play with my the video signals size and i can get it all to show like that. Its hard to explain.
but it normally shows cropped on other hd tvs i connected it too. Even when setting the tv ratio to 4:3 or 16:9. o well i can live with the av connections.
thanks for your input on the clipping too HitokiriRyu.

Not a problem chimera

HitokiriRyu

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
Ok, new discovery that hasn't been mentioned. In Magician Lord you can save your game. You push a during the continue countdown.

chimera

New Challenger
i saved right now... then tried loading the game but it didnt take me back to the stage i was on. ill try it again right now.

slerch666

updyke,
i switched playing through hdmi and through the regular av connections to see the differences and i noticed that the hdmi clips the screen a little bit. especially on league bowling.
for example it the credits on the bottom "credits 3" will only show the upper half when using hdmi and when using the regular av connectors it shows all the "credits 3". maybe its my tv.

anyone else experiencing this clipping when using hdmi? or is it my tv?

It's due to overscan. My laptop or desktop when plugged into my TV and displaying 1080p does the same thing. My NGX as well.

if you have the option to turn off overscan (google it for your model TV) you should and it will then look right.

slerch666

updyke,
I don't believe anyone addressed this yet, but there is Japanese region available in Sam Sho 2 and for the European members there is an option to switch between PAL and NTSC. Chimera, I am also getting clipping through HDMI.

I'll double check but I'm pretty sure there was an option for Japanese in the options menus for Sam Sho II.

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
Well fuck Geoffrey the Giraffe right in his arsehole!

TOYS R US screwed me (as many others).

Qty. Item Description Item Price Shipping Method
Learn about our shipping
policies Status
What does this status mean?
1 Neo Geo X Joystick
Size: One Size
Color: One Color
Ref.#: S14709129
Item # 17580656
$24.99 Standard Ground
Cancelled
1 Neo Geo X Joystick
Item # 17580656
$49.99 Standard Ground
Cancelled

But yet they are letting you place a NEW order on these? WTF?! So they just didn't want to give people the Buy 1 Get 1 50% off on these?
I assume this is illegal. Everyone who got screwed should contact the BBB immediately.

Not to mention they didn't email any of us to let us know we're being screwed. How @*#&$'d up is that?!

Last edited:

slerch666

updyke,
i saved right now... then tried loading the game but it didnt take me back to the stage i was on. ill try it again right now.
From the NGX FAQ:

"Does the NEOGEO X use the NEOGEO AES Memory card system?
No, the NEOGEO X does not facilitate the use of the NEOGEO AES save facility. Two games on the NEOGEOX, Magician Lord and Baseball Stars II make reference to the "Memory Card" but this service is not functional. "

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Actually, I can't get it to load, so I don't know if the save actually works. I guess I jumped the gun when the menu to save opened.

Pretty sure the MVS version will let you pretend save also like this if you don't have the mem card in. I'll check my MVS cart after dinner.

slerch666

updyke,
Well fuck Jeffery the giraffe right in his arsehole!

TOYS R US screwed me (as many others).

Qty. Item Description Item Price Shipping Method
Learn about our shipping
policies Status
What does this status mean?
1 Neo Geo X Joystick
Item # 17580656
$24.99 Standard Ground
Cancelled
1 Neo Geo X Joystick
Item # 17580656
$49.99 Standard Ground
Cancelled

But yet they are letting you place a NEW order on these? WTF?! So they just didn't want to give people the Buy 1 Get 1 50% off on these?
I assume this is illegal. Everyone who got screwed should contact the BBB immediately.

Not to mention they didn't email any of us to let us know we're being screwed. How @*#&$'d up is that?!

I hate to tell you, but I ordered just a single stick instead of 2 like others. MY order was canceled without notification as well.

I sent them an email to explain I was pissed that they canceled the order, asked why they canceled the order and why I wasn't notified. Answer was: it wasn't in stock.

I replied back : "yes, that's what it says PRESALE on the item." Asked why my order was canceled and why it was still available to order on the website.

Answer: It's not available for sale. They had no stock. Then they told me to check in store.

My response back: "Here's a link to your shit, I can still order it and I did. They canceled that order as well."

Response: "you can't order it, it's not in stock. try the store."

I finally gave up. Would rather fuck a sandpaper lined toilet paper roll with barbed wire on the end then deal with them ever again. I will never shop there again. Ever.

chimera

New Challenger
Does the save persist after a system reboot?

i just checked right now. i got the highscore on magician lord saved it and played again to double check it saved (got two highscores). then rebooted the neo geo x and got a highscore and saved again on magician lord to see if it saved the previous scores and it didnt. bummer... hope im clear enough... anybody else try this?

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Got it just now. Can't wait to play around with it.

PS - Memory card functionality had better be added later. In this day and age there is literally no excuse for not having it.