Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

chimera

New Challenger
its freaking sweet. i have been playing it for about an hour now and i haven't experienced no problems at all. its worth the wait! hope everybody gets theirs soon!

also my computer read the joystick when i plugged it in really quick so that is cool.

chimera

New Challenger
The handheld is awesome!!! Everything feels right, and I haven't experienced the menu lag some have talked about. Loaded up MS in about 6 seconds, buttons have a nice weight to them when depressing each one, but the thumb stick is the highlight with satisfying clicks and resistance due to the micro switches. This was definitely worth it, and the long term potential is there.
I haven't tried the dock, but I fiddled around with the joystick a bit and my only complaint is that the buttons have a bit of a wiggle to them when pressed, almost like they are a little too small for the button holes, and there is basically no resistance to the buttons at all. I've never played the AES, so I have no basis of comparison there, but the action definitely feels tighter on my Big Red.
Again, the hand held is so awesome though that I don't even care much about the rest!

its a bit lighter than the original aes controller. the buttons wiggle the same as the original. so it is an authentic experience i guess. i even measured it next to my original aes controller and it is all the same. except it clicks a little bit louder lol.

Last edited:

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Yooo hooo.... Razoola....

:)

Surely you can find some space in the BIOS memory for at least a couple save files... and of course your Unibios...

:drool::loco:

XtraSmiley

New Challenger
Yooo hooo.... Razoola....

:)

Surely you can find some space in the BIOS memory for at least a couple save files... and of course your Unibios...

:drool::loco:

Oh man, I can't wait until the hackers get their hands on it! I'm not so much worried about pirate games, but Unibios would rock! Of course it wouldn't hurt to know what the system is capable of incase support does get dropped for it down the road.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
"Update: The Neo Geo X stick works on the PS3!"

So, I wonder if, by the same token, individuals can use their PS3 NeoGeoStick3 via the USB sockets on the front of their NeoGeoX? And, if they can, I wonder if the L1/2 & R1/2 buttons offer the same functionality as the same-labelled buttons atop the handheld unit??

/Intrigue

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
So, I wonder if, by the same token, individuals can use their PS3 NeoGeoStick3 via the USB sockets on the front of their NeoGeoX? And, if they can, I wonder if the L1/2 & R1/2 buttons offer the same functionality as the same-labelled buttons atop the handheld unit??

/Intrigue

I forget where I read it (it might have been earlier in this thread) but the PS3 neo stick is supposed to work with the main buttons, but the extra L and R buttons on the stick do nothing.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man

/Intrigue

I think someone already tried a page or 2 back and said nope, L1/R1 didn't work using PS 3 stick on X. Other then that, directions and all worked fine.

slerch666

updyke,
I forget where I read it (it might have been earlier in this thread) but the PS3 neo stick is supposed to work with the main buttons, but the extra L and R buttons on the stick do nothing.

That matches what I read as well. Think it was mentioned in one of the links then quoted here.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
So the system doesn't have built-in memory card support.... that's unfortunate.

But what about high score saving? Yes? No?

Upon further research it's a problem at many Gamestops. My guess is this is a "niche" release so they shipped from the warehouse with the cheapest shipping possible. Next time I will pre order from a store that doesn't "specialize" in video games and get my items on release date.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I have to hand it to Amazon. I paid $9.99 for overnight shipping. They sent it in a gigantic box UPS overnight. I think they may have lost a few bucks on that one.

slerch666

updyke,

I haven't really checked. I'll try it and see what happens. Something tells me it won't save, but I hope I'm wrong.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
That was a killer review Stephen. Thanks for taking the time...

slerch666

updyke,
I figured out how to pirate Ninja Master's.

Well, not REALLY, but it is kind of funny.

Once the game card loads the game, you don't need the SD card in the system anymore. So I loaded NM, played a few rounds with the card in.

After 3 matches, I removed the card and won another 2 matches. It continued to work, no problem.

So you could load the cart, then hand it off to someone else. Unless you return to the main menu, you can play NM all you want.

Yeah, it's worthless and it's not really pirating it, but is fun.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Got my system earlier. Spent the last 2 hours sitting down and putting it thru the paces. Color me impressed. Played thru Sam Sho 2 on one credit and was able to excute some tough moves flawlessly. This thing is a winner.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
My Neo is on my fucking front porch! ! ! ! ! And I'm stuck at work!!!!!! Just delivered bitchez!!!!!!!!!!!

slerch666

updyke,

Played Metal Slug to ~150,000 points. Died. On purpose :cry:

I can confirm, not only is there no save state functionality, there is NO high score saving either. I turned the system off then back on again before trying Metal Slug again.

Sorry.

Superdanx

Goal! Goal! Goal!
10 Year Member
Two things, would someone be so kind to tell us importers overseas what PSU this thing uses?

And also, is there a cheap (or not so cheap) scanline generator available that would work with the NGX?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
The slg 3000 could work for scan lines on a hdtv , but its going to look like crap.

chimera

New Challenger
i switched playing through hdmi and through the regular av connections to see the differences and i noticed that the hdmi clips the screen a little bit. especially on league bowling.
for example it the credits on the bottom "credits 3" will only show the upper half when using hdmi and when using the regular av connectors it shows all the "credits 3". maybe its my tv.

anyone else experiencing this clipping when using hdmi? or is it my tv?

chimera

New Challenger
Two things, would someone be so kind to tell us importers overseas what PSU this thing uses?

And also, is there a cheap (or not so cheap) scanline generator available that would work with the NGX?

the power supply reads

MODEL NO: LGSPSA050150UL
INPUT:100-240V~50/60Hz 190mA
OUTPUT: 5V 1500mA

hope that helps. i dont know what you mean by psu "power supply unit"? im kinda noobish to electronic terminology lol. o well.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
This thing is absolutely the bees knees!!! Already packed back into the box for Christmas :-(

HitokiriRyu

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
I don't believe anyone addressed this yet, but there is Japanese region available in Sam Sho 2 and for the European members there is an option to switch between PAL and NTSC. Chimera, I am also getting clipping through HDMI.