Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

Got a call this afternoon from Gamestop that said they received it. I've gone to the store to pick it up and was pretty exited about it. I played a bit with it and was quite pleased with it. I found the games loaded quite fast.

But now I think that it may alreadu be broken... the screen glitched when a was loading a game so I'm struck with a horizontal white line that cross the entire screen that always stay there, even if I change a game, or turn on/off, it come back whan the system reboot...

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Got a call this afternoon from Gamestop that said they received it. I've gone to the store to pick it up and was pretty exited about it. I played a bit with it and was quite pleased with it. I found the games loaded quite fast.

But now I think that it may alreadu be broken... the screen glitched when a was loading a game so I'm struck with a horizontal white line that cross the entire screen that always stay there, even if I change a game, or turn on/off, it come back whan the system reboot...

Try plugging it in the dock, load up menu, power down, release from dock. Power up.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Damn. I've got Prime and ordered in early October. No status update at all from Amazon.

If you stuck with Prime's 2 day shipping, it will probably ship tomorrow for arrival on Thursday. I think Amazon shipped all the next day orders today for Tuesday arrival.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I think it's a nice gesture to include an hdmi cable. Was that previously known?

nerdstick

Crossed Swords Squire
If you stuck with Prime's 2 day shipping, it will probably ship tomorrow for arrival on Thursday. I think Amazon shipped all the next day orders today for Tuesday arrival.

Not mine! I ordered 1-day shipping.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member

crujones4life

Loyal Neo-Disciple
The white line seems to be common with faulty lcds, loose cable (ribbon). If it displays fine via the docking station, it's likely your panel. If you have the guts to open it up and unplug/ replug the cable to the LCD, that may work.

I hope we don't see anymore of this shit. I stopped buying new systems day 1 after my launch ps2, Xbox, and Wii all broke.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Bummer on the white-line issue. I hope it's a one-off. I wouldn't open it up, even if it is an easy fix. This is a day-one issue. Just swap it for another. I know it's a pain in the ass, especially with how long you've been waiting to get it, but don't give them any reason not to exchange it for you. Gamestop should sort you out.

Hell, if they hassle you, just return it outright and order another from Amazon. Amazon has taken things back when I've had a problem and, shipped out the replacement before I even mailed the damaged goods back to them. :) I only buy phones from Amazon because so many I've gotten over the years have had dust under their screens or other weird issues (especially old Nokias). Amazon would swap them until I was content and never complained. Anyway, you'll get it sorted out, but don't go opening it up and damaging it worse so you can't return it.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The white line seems to be common with faulty lcds, loose cable (ribbon). If it displays fine via the docking station, it's likely your panel. If you have the guts to open it up and unplug/ replug the cable to the LCD, that may work.

Since the warranty is still in effect, it's probably best not to void it.

Superdanx

Goal! Goal! Goal!
10 Year Member
Woke up (in the UK) to see Amazon (US) has shipped mine today :) won't get it till after Xmas though :(

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Receiving mine tomorrow. Can't wait.

Mine will be here today also. I had to call in sick to take care of my sick wife today. Hopefully she will be so grateful that I'll be able to play with the X for a bit...

Most likely she'll see through my scheme and make me wait...

I'm hopeful that we don't start seeing a lot of these faulty screen reports.

Last edited:

slerch666

updyke,
Not true. This system does not have a street date... The manager at the store I go to said he will call me when it comes in. They are still going through today's shipment but he doesn't think they have it.

So if you go to Gamestop's website, or if you did, it would tell you "December 18, 2012." That's the street date. What Gamestop does when you order it for in store delivery is they ship it so it is there on the street date, thus you should have yours today. Since this isn't going to be stocked in the store, this is how it will end up working out.

slerch666

updyke,

slerch666

updyke,
I ordered one from Amazon.com and one from Best Buy on the same day.

Amazon shipped it this morning
Best Buy... No word yet

I also ordered 2 sticks from TRU.. No word or CC charge yet

Check your TRU order. You will likely find it has been canceled. My order for one stick was canceled. Twice.

slerch666

updyke,
I walked into my local Gamestop a few minutes ago and they said they haven't received them yet, but they get a FedEx delivery tomorrow morning at 11am. Hopefully they get it in tomorrow so I can pick it up, kind of disappointed that they didn't already have them on hand ready for tomorrow. But at any rate I should have it sometimes this week :)

They only get them in stock early if it's actually going to be available for normal sale through the store. They don't get them if it's only available for pick up as a convenience to it's customers.

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
Gamestop just emailed me my order confirmation and tracking. My system and extra stick are both out for delivery right now! Due by 3pm today. Woot!

XtraSmiley

New Challenger
Mine's on the way here now, should be here in the next hour or two. Any site done an extensive review yet?

Ukyo

20 Year Member
no word from gamestop yet; pissing me off. i literally ordered the day pre-orders opened with overnight shipping.