Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

THX1138

n00b
I cant wait, my NEO GEO X has shipped from Amazon. But most important I can wait for my ANALOGUE CMVS

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Mine has been pre-ordered as a Xmas gift from 'Funstock'. As such, I'm not receiving any updates directly sooo... so any UK members here have any updates on this?

I'm not expecting it before Xmas, but I'll admit I'm expecting it in the window between the 27th Dec and 1st Jan!!
yeah there was a second delay and they said they hope to get the machines in around the 22nd but unfortunately not in time to ship for christmas but most likely the end of december

Lee Gray

kalvinmaui

n00b
Nice, were there any game manuals for the 20 games or for ninja masters at all ?

Sorry not my review but from what I read, there is an instruction booklet but no mention of manuals for the games. As for Ninja Masters "The game card is in a simple plastic bubble on a cardboard backing. It looks okay but is far from a case. " as stated from the reviewer.

Last edited:

mpdb6

n00b
My order status from Best Buy has changed to "Preparing Order" which they say is that it's being readied to ship.

Lee Gray

In this day and age I really cant see the point of region locking and censorship especially for 10-20 year old games

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Interesting to hear that the PS3 Neo Geo stick also works on the Neo Geo X. I would assume the reverse would be true if Sony doesn't do a firmware update to block them ;) I'll make sure to give it a try when I get mine this week.

Lee Gray

If Sam Shodown 5 is released and allowed to play in japanese full cut scene interaction story mode, that would be neat as that version makes the game great, english mode version is shit.

Mai_Lover

Dodgeball Yakuza
Nice, were there any game manuals for the 20 games or for ninja masters at all ?
I cant wair for mine even though its games I can play when I want but be nice to play them on the TV again, might get an extra controller if I like how the games play just for back up.

This page states that when you register your NGX, you get access to game instruction manual downloads.

http://neogeox.com/register-product

Cheap, but at least it's something....

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
This page states that when you register your NGX, you get access to game instruction manual downloads.

They also grant you permission to read your AES version manuals, but only if you write in an "X" after the NEO-GEO logo ;)

Most everything is going to digital manuals, a lot of ps3 stuff is like that now

Yeah, I personally hate it. I never read them, but they were expected. Nintendo includes them on the 3DS cards now. Better than nothing I suppose.

A few of the benefits that you can look forward to:

Handy tips from NEOGEO X’s secret online community. Do you want to pull off the perfect Special Move on Art of Fighting? We will tell you how in the coming months.
Reminders about any updates that will keep you and your product, totally up to date.
Exclusive previews of new products and innovations
Get easy access to downloads, FAQs and instruction manuals for each game
Special offers, product news and promotions
News about any change to the warranty plans.

Hope to not see this.... "Your warranty has changed from 1 year to 1 hour. Thanks -TEAM TOMMO"

Last edited:

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Well i pre-ordered from gamestop when they first allowed it but don't remember which one. Its not like i go to gamestops often. Hope they send a email or something.

Mr. Zurkon

Zero's Secretary
I walked into my local Gamestop a few minutes ago and they said they haven't received them yet, but they get a FedEx delivery tomorrow morning at 11am. Hopefully they get it in tomorrow so I can pick it up, kind of disappointed that they didn't already have them on hand ready for tomorrow. But at any rate I should have it sometimes this week :)

Last edited:

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Mine shipped from amazon today. With Amazon prime, my estimated arrival is the 19th.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Interesting to hear that the PS3 Neo Geo stick also works on the Neo Geo X. I would assume the reverse would be true if Sony doesn't do a firmware update to block them ;) I'll make sure to give it a try when I get mine this week.

And Gamestop just sent confirmation that my system has shipped!

nerdstick

Crossed Swords Squire
Cr74w.png

Man :( Guess that's the cost of learning not to order from Amazon.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Mine shipped from amazon today. With Amazon prime, my estimated arrival is the 19th.

Damn. I've got Prime and ordered in early October. No status update at all from Amazon.

Though I just received a shipment notification for unit and extra stick from Gamestop just now. Ordered that one in early September.