Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

slerch666

updyke,
Mine as well! I suppose this means they're shipping them a day early so they arrive on the release date? :)
That's usually how Amazon rolls.

If you preorder movies or games, they ship the Monday, the day before the release date, so you receive it on release day. It's called Release Date Delivery. ;)

Sometimes they screw up and don't classify things properly, as I've received Blu Rays that shipped ON release date, but so it goes.

c0dehunter

Tarma's Gun Polisher
According UPS, mine has arrived in this distribution hub and the status is "Out for Delivery"! Can't wait for this, this is my very first SNK Hardware!

Which brings me the question: Is this really an official SNK, Japanese product? Or is it a licensed, third party console, authorized by SNK? I thought SNK was bankrupt?

Thanks for clarification.

nerdstick

Crossed Swords Squire
That's usually how Amazon rolls.

If you preorder movies or games, they ship the Monday, the day before the release date, so you receive it on release day. It's called Release Date Delivery. ;)

Sometimes they screw up and don't classify things properly, as I've received Blu Rays that shipped ON release date, but so it goes.

Looks like it! (maybe) A few Amazon orders for NeoGAF members got shipped. Mine's still on Shipping Soon, fingers crossed.

As far as I'm aware it's just licensed.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
According UPS, mine has arrived in this distribution hub and the status is "Out for Delivery"! Can't wait for this, this is my very first SNK Hardware!

Which brings me the question: Is this really an official SNK, Japanese product? Or is it a licensed, third party console, authorized by SNK? I thought SNK was bankrupt?

Thanks for clarification.

This is not official hardware as in "made by SNK".

It is "official" from the standpoint that it was licensed from SNK and manufactured by a 2nd party that then gave the distribution rights to a third party.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
FYI The NGX joysticks are shipping out from Target, my extra stick arrived today:

a7f5z.jpg

1zb56s5.jpg

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Nice touches... really nice touches.

red shoe paul

Stakes Winner
15 Year Member
Awesome stickers on the side of that stick! Mine hasn't shipped from Amazon yet, unfortunately. Says release date of December 24.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Should get the console on Wednesday, by the looks of it. Still waiting on Target to ship my stick. Those who are already getting their sticks from Target are making me jealous.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Gamestop will stick to the street date. If you ordered w/ overnight, you'll get it Tuesday. If you ordered w/ standard shipping, it'll go out on Tuesday and show up... whenever.
Not true. This system does not have a street date... The manager at the store I go to said he will call me when it comes in. They are still going through today's shipment but he doesn't think they have it.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Got shipping confirmation from Amazon, it should be here tomorrow!

Pumped!

Ukyo

20 Year Member
my two sticks from target just arrived; I CANNOT GET OVER THE STICKERS!:drool: beautiful touch.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I preordered from Gamestop. Got a pending charge on my credit card this weekend for the system, but my order page still says Open. I'm sure it's set to go out tomorrow, though. I picked up an extra stick from Amazon and that shipped today. That should be here Wednesday. Basically, should have everything here by Thursday/Friday :) Just in time for the holiday break next week!

slerch666

updyke,
I preordered from Gamestop. Got a pending charge on my credit card this weekend for the system, but my order page still says Open. I'm sure it's set to go out tomorrow, though. I picked up an extra stick from Amazon and that shipped today. That should be here Wednesday. Basically, should have everything here by Thursday/Friday :) Just in time for the holiday break next week!
I ordered mine from Gamestop as well. Used gift cards. No pending charge on my credit card for the remainder, but I don't usually see those.

Usually Gamestop will ship the night before the release date if you pay for next day shipping (which I did). So I'm hoping it turns up tomorrow, but Wednesday is fine.

Jbrodack

n00b
I think reviews already given have been mostly detailed enough though it is nice to have multiple perspectives. Most report the joysticks being good quality as well as the handheld but the dock being kind of flimsy and not too easy to close. (edit: first impressions post on destructiod reports no problems closing dock)

The firmware also seems to not be as full featured as most of us would like and unless I hear otherwise doesn't support any kind of saving. Also stuck on aes mode and region locked. The good news is that it seems to be a firmware limitation and they do plan on updating the firmware. Plus it will likely be hacked and have unibios put on it.

edit: this is just from info I got from following various posts and may be wrong.

Last edited:

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Mine has been pre-ordered as a Xmas gift from 'Funstock'. As such, I'm not receiving any updates directly sooo... so any UK members here have any updates on this?

I'm not expecting it before Xmas, but I'll admit I'm expecting it in the window between the 27th Dec and 1st Jan!!

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
I still cant find anywhere to order a 2nd stick!! The Target Mobile site has them but the regular site they are not for order! When I went to to order it via mobile after all was done it flashed "Your cart is empty" and not order or charge happened..

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Just made some phone calls, and it looks like EB Games has the systems and sticks in today and ready for sale tomorrow in store.

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
I ordered one from Amazon.com and one from Best Buy on the same day.

Amazon shipped it this morning
Best Buy... No word yet

I also ordered 2 sticks from TRU.. No word or CC charge yet