Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
has anybody's order shipped from bestbuy? my friend ordered one from there and he is worried his order will get canceled. best buy has been canceling orders and giving people 100$ gift cards as apologies apparently. My order is just recently showing shipped from gamestop.com. super excited.
I just ordered mine from BB last night...I would like to think if they were doing that, they wouldn't still list it as in stock. But then again, this is Best Buy we're talking about here...but, um, they better give me more than $100 back...

Ukyo

20 Year Member
anyone get shipping confirmation from Gamestop yet? i ordered two bundles on 9/13 and no word yet [order status says "open"]...

ordered two extra sticks last week from target, and I got shipping confirmation this morning, with my luck those will arrive first.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
I have to wait till Christmas...I can't wait to read what more of you guys think with som hands on reviews!

nerdstick

Crossed Swords Squire
Hopefully Monday-arriving units will see our first real review/video.

@NeoGeoXconsole Can you guys "TRY" (Key Word TRY) to get CAPCOM, SEGA, OR NAMCO Arcade Games on the NeoGeo X? Please :)
@Micshork We will "try". It would be like a dream come true....

Wonder why try is in quotations.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Anyplace in the USA you can still preorder sticks?

You can get them at Target.com or Toysrus.com. I don't trust TRU though after they silently cancelled some of our stick orders a couple of weeks back.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Most of the non licensed Capcom stuff is available on the PSP/Vita, and for the most part it is badass.

Mr. Zurkon

Zero's Secretary
Most of the non licensed Capcom stuff is available on the PSP/Vita, and for the most part it is badass.

Just took a look at Capcom Classics Collection Remixed, didn't realize how great that collection was :D I definitely have to pick that one up now.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I called a local gamestop about the system and was told that the system was a pre-order only or could be ordered to ship-to-store. They would not be getting any stock in-store.

Last edited:
My pre-order from Target shipped out the 15th, got a confirmation from UPS that I will be receiving in the 18th :)

Like everyone else, my pre-order joystick from ToysRUs was silently cancelled, but since they're taking them again I've decided to place another one. I noticed in my original pre-order statement that I was not taxed and this time I was - could that possibly be why pre-orders were cancelled?

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
My pre-order from Target shipped out the 15th, got a confirmation from UPS that I will be receiving in the 18th :)

Like everyone else, my pre-order joystick from ToysRUs was silently cancelled, but since they're taking them again I've decided to place another one. I noticed in my original pre-order statement that I was not taxed and this time I was - could that possibly be why pre-orders were cancelled?

"I sincerely apologize that your order was cancelled. The reason why the order was cancelled was the presells went on backorder until further notice. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience."

This is the excuse they gave me. TRU fucked me on 2 different orders, canceling without notifying... I wont be ordering from the online anymore,

slerch666

updyke,
Preordered mine from Gaymstop. I had something like $175 in gift cards. Part that sucks? Seems the only place that isn't shipping early is Gaymstop. :lol:

slerch666

updyke,
anyone get shipping confirmation from Gamestop yet? i ordered two bundles on 9/13 and no word yet [order status says "open"]...

ordered two extra sticks last week from target, and I got shipping confirmation this morning, with my luck those will arrive first.

Gamestop will stick to the street date. If you ordered w/ overnight, you'll get it Tuesday. If you ordered w/ standard shipping, it'll go out on Tuesday and show up... whenever.

slerch666

updyke,

Order you stick somewhere else. Your order will likely be canceled. Again.

I went around and around with customer service. The person said "well, we don't have any stock." I said "well, yeah, it's PREORDER." They said "we don't have any stock." Rinse, repeat. Then, after canceling my second order, I sent an email asking why it was still available on the site for ordering. I was told it wasn't. I sent a link. I was told "we don't have stock." Do you see where this is going?

Fuck TRU in the ass with a barbed wire covered dildo, then sprinkle on some salt.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
On a more positive note, Amazon is showing my order as preparing to ship. Glad to know Amazon got their shipment.

nerdstick

Crossed Swords Squire
On a more positive note, Amazon is showing my order as preparing to ship. Glad to know Amazon got their shipment.

Mine as well! I suppose this means they're shipping them a day early so they arrive on the release date? :)

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I hope so. There was no release day shipping option, but I did select 1 day shipping.