Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

kalvinmaui

n00b
I just got shipping confirmation from bestsku that mine shipped out yesterday and will arrive on Tuesday. Waiting on some hands on reviews from the lucky ones that have it

crujones4life

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Just ordered mine from Best Buy.com. They still have the limited edition bundle with Ninja Masters. Estimated arrival 18th to 20th. Pumped!

nerdstick

Crossed Swords Squire
Third one in the wild, via Facebook User on official page:
Spoiler:

621729_224853420980944_555169915_o.jpg

Last edited:

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Another FUCK YOU Europe you can wait system.

nerdstick

Crossed Swords Squire
Another FUCK YOU Europe you can wait system.

Most all of the US orders (and every early preorder) was from Amazon and GameStop, who are the only two retailers to stick to the 18th date. So long as yours doesn't get delayed we're in the same boat (apart from the lucky late buyers of Walmart/Target units).

vagabond

NEST Puppet
Even though I have an AES not 2 feet from me I still want to order this, I just wish I could find out more about additional games and any ETA's. Windjammers and SS2 for starters :)

Hell I might even buy it anyway.

SS2 comes preloaded on the unit.

nerdstick

Crossed Swords Squire
Facebook owner posted some more photos:
Spoiler:

336195_224953460970940_1431512927_o.jpg

598403_224952570971029_41748025_n.jpg

His opinion:
OK, so far so good! As advertised. The hand-held is of superb quality and the Arcade stick is very similar to the original. I'm not to impressed with the docking station. It's doing the same thing the one did on the promo vids I've seen. You really have to push it down for it to stay closed. But, in reality it was all 199.00 so I'm pleased. I've only hooked it up through the HDMI port, but it seemed to work fine. The aspect ratio was 16x9, so it was stretched. I'm going to fiddle around with it to see if I can get the aspect ratio right on the tv. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Sounds like the same opinion I've heard before! :)

Last edited:

nerdstick

Crossed Swords Squire
neogeoxUSA twitter:
@NEOGEOXUSA Can the shoulder buttons be programmed on the handheld? Like, for the tough to press B+C type combos?
@zzzoren Unfortunately no, but we will take this into consideration for future firmware updates.

Looks like the X will support firmware updates?

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
neogeoxUSA twitter:

Looks like the X will support firmware updates?

Makes sense that there would be if you think about it: the system, atm, can only be charged while in the dock AES, so it stands to reason that this would need to be addressed in an update when the system gets launched solo next year. I'd like to see the addition of a 'save game' feature, as well as a the ability to check the menu without having to boot out of a game and losing your place. There are so many ways to tighten up the experience, and I get the impression that Tommo will. It feels like this system will be big enough for them that support will be serious.

Bhm

Not to be confused with H&M,
Are the controllers conneced via USB? If so can they be used on a PC?

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Called Gamestop to check on my order, as far as they can tell me its going out on Tuesday since I didn't pay for overnight or priority shipping. If I had, it would have gone out Monday.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Geeze, why can't one of us have received this? All these pansy bitches that have one now haven't posted anything worthy of our attention. We have a member that has one but is too chicken shit to post worthwhile content (images, video, etc).

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Personally, I would have preferred in store pickup on Tuesday but when the pre-order was open there was no such option (only shipping).

chimera

New Challenger
has anybody's order shipped from bestbuy? my friend ordered one from there and he is worried his order will get canceled. best buy has been canceling orders and giving people 100$ gift cards as apologies apparently. My order is just recently showing shipped from gamestop.com. super excited.

my friend is in panic about his order form best buy lol.

Last edited:

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
This is rather disappointing... I wish I ordered mine through the mail now. There is no way Game Stop will break street date to give it to me. I talked to the manager yesterday and they don't even have it in the store yet.

SuperPang

Cham Cham's Espresso,
If anyone here gets one could you please let us European folk know the input voltage on the power supply.

crujones4life

Loyal Neo-Disciple
has anybody's order shipped from bestbuy? my friend ordered one from there and he is worried his order will get canceled. best buy has been canceling orders and giving people 100$ gift cards as apologies apparently. My order is just recently showing shipped from gamestop.com. super excited.

my friend is in panic about his order form best buy lol.

They had better fucking not...