Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

SSS

neo retired
Rom Cart, Rom Chip, Whats the difference?

The DS has "rom chips" but people still pay the money to buy the games.

Is the argument the age of the game or the the house it lives in?

You can't compare new games recently developed to ones made 10-20 years ago. Totally different price point. SNK recouped their cost of development for these titles many years ago.

I also hope there's a way to get to soft dips on this thing. I can't imagine playing Neo games with only the home mode menu available in this day and age.

Last edited:

Mai_Lover

Dodgeball Yakuza
But why create a mock-up of a hanging blister pack when they could create a mock box?
I made this in about 2 minutes:
Neo-GeoX_Mockup.jpg

Maybe they have some left over NGPC snap cases they could retrofit. :P

That's very cool Spoon. As you said it just takes a couple minutes to create a mock snap case. My guess is Tommo just threw that image out there both as a confirmation that new games would follow and as a preliminary packaging idea. Once they read all of these ideas about boxes and cases, which I am sure someone from Tommo is, we will see something different. I agree, I would like something to display on my shelf as well. Blister packs suck. Really suck. Brings back memories of buying cheap Chinese knock-offs of real Japanese toys. You always new they were cheap because they were in blister packs while the genuine toys were in boxes full of styrofoam and literature.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I like the snap lock idea but I'd rather them redesign the snap lock. Maybe something like a DS one.

If they actually do release came cards with crappy packaging, I'll probably end up modifying DS cases to work and print my own inserts like I did with NGPC games. I've still got a ton of blank DS cases I got from Nintendo a few years back.

Mai_Lover

Dodgeball Yakuza
If they actually do release came cards with crappy packaging, I'll probably end up modifying DS cases to work and print my own inserts like I did with NGPC games. I've still got a ton of blank DS cases I got from Nintendo a few years back.

Awesome idea. If they indeed make crappy cardboard blister packs, then I will try that as well.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
That's very cool Spoon.

Ok, if we're gonna call him spoon, then lets go back to calling me spoonman rofl.
Really, I feel bad knowing the dorkiest posts of my tenure here are glued to this guys account.

I wish they could just get deleted so he doesn't have to put that disclaimer in his sig. :(

On topic, if this thing is going to be less than 5 games per card for more than 15 bucks, I am SO going to get this thing hacked to run mame/neorage roms.

Last edited:

Spoonman

Enemy Chaser
Ok, if we're gonna call him spoon, then lets go back to calling me spoonman rofl.
Really, I feel bad knowing the dorkiest posts of my tenure here are glued to this guys account.

I wish they could just get deleted so he doesn't have to put that disclaimer in his sig. :(

No worries.
I still laugh when I think of both of us trying to reset our passwords and then locking ourselves out in the process..
We were probably both saying "WTF! Not again". :P

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
My guess is that either they sold out, or they got so many orders they are worried that they may not be able to fulfill any more orders at launch.

I wouldn't worry too much, this thing seems to be getting a pretty wide release.

Mehunglo

n00b
My guess is that either they sold out, or they got so many orders they are worried that they may not be able to fulfill any more orders at launch.

I wouldn't worry too much, this thing seems to be getting a pretty wide release.

A seller there has one for 600.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
You know rewatching this video, with them saying 20 games is ample for now, but not when only 5 or 6 are decent but atleast they mention other single games being released.

Editing is not working properly.

Last edited:

8man

Administrator
The pre order date dissapeared on amazon.com anyone know whats up?

Amazon probably filled their pre-orders... they're gone.

Just checked, you can still pre-order the "Limited Edition" at GameStop.com

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
I gave Amazon a call, all the preorder Gold systems are Sold-out!
And 8man is correct, you can still order the system at Gamestop.com.
The system is online only, no store pick-up.
I just ordered mine via Gamestop.
Wonder how many sold on Amazon to be "Sold-out"?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
It sold out the day after I canceled my pre order on amazon. lol