Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
You mad NUUB ?

please go buy that chinese made emulator by blaze, idk its your fking money !
just dont come here in the crying you "broke" your fake emulator

You can sell me a chinese emulator made by blaze, but you'll never sell me on you not caring what I do with my money. You care. So much. I bet even your tears taste better with an unofficial docking station and arcade stick. Add another picture to your obnoxious sig, you photo-faggot.

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
You can sell me a chinese emulator made by blaze, but you'll never sell me on you not caring what I do with my money. You care. So much. I bet even your tears taste better with an unofficial docking station and arcade stick. Add another picture to your obnoxious sig, you photo-faggot.
Love you too babe !

Just trying to warn you, Blaze products are BS...

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
Fuck the haters, I want this with all its HDMI goodness.

Fk the lovers...
$200 for an non-snk product . lol

your paying $200 for the sticker
I love ng.com, all its possible here

Last edited:

Chunky Lover 53

Fio's Quartermaster
Fk the lovers...
$200 for an non-snk product . lol

your paying $200 for the sticker
I love ng.com, all its possible here

Sorry not trying to cheez you off, I will buy a Warranty when I pay for my $200 sticker and hey where wore you when bought 14 XBOX 360's

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
This will not end well, guaranteed.

Has cheap piece of crap written all over it. Good luck to the diehards who actually pay $200 for this junk.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
If the dpad is good, I am all over this. I can't play any Neo games on my PSP except for fucking League Bowling since the dpad is useless for fighters, and I'm not hacking my 3000.

I have to agree completely on this. I have just recently hacked my 3000 and the d pad is NO GOOD for fighters at all. Barely ok for shmups and side scrolling beat em ups.

The d pad will make or break this device for me too.

8man

Administrator
hmmm...

I like the HDMI output and the old style controller.

My AES system needs HDMI !! and some "new" wireless controllers...

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
200 bucks is a bit much. I'll hold out and see how the emulation works and the control pad.

Tokyo

JapheiBANNED
I am considering this now that I know that it comes with a Neo Geo Stick and a AES docking bay. That makes it cool.

ObeyMyEgo

Kula's Candy
You can download every single Neo Geo rom anyway, so why even play MVS carts? It's a stupid argument. I still buy Neo Geo games, even though I can get them for free, and, yes, even the emulated stuff on PSN and XBL. That makes me a fan boy? So bet it, I won't waste my time arguing that.

However, to sit around, with your nose in the air, acting completely confused why fans of the Neo Geo would be interested in this release...that's just stupid. Whether or not you like this release, it's not hard to figure out why big fans of the Neo Geo would consider owning something like this, even if it was only as a collectible.

So, yeah, I would consider you a casual Neo Geo fan. Plenty of casual Neo Geo fans collect MVS carts. You're different? You can't even fathom why people would want to own this, despite the things that it has going for it.

So I'm less of a neo geo fan because i only buy licensed snk products ????

I figured i was more of a neo geo gamer for only buying licensed games by snk?

Emulation should hold no collectible value in the world of Neo Geo. Shit, want me to print a sticker on a hacked psp and put 20 neo geo emulated games on it, and sell it to you for 200?

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
It would be cool if this turned out to be ok in quality. Either way it will probably end up in the wal-mart bargain bin after 3-6 mos for like $20 to snatch up haha

ObeyMyEgo

Kula's Candy
Id probably bite at the 50 dollar range just to try it. But 200? Meh, im good with emulation on my psp for gaming on the go.

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member

Emulation should hold no collectible value in the world of Neo Geo. Shit, want me to print a sticker on a hacked psp and put 20 neo geo emulated games on it, and sell it to you for 200?
Agree, fk it, let them buy this piece of shiat of harware.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member

Los Angeles, Calif. - August 13, 2012 - Tommo, Inc., in partnership with SNK PLAYMORE, today confirmed that the NEOGEO X GOLD entertainment system is scheduled for a worldwide release this December.

This product and all it's contents were given permission by SNK Playmore. Another word for permission is Licensed.

Agree, fk it, let them buy this piece of shiat of hardware Licensed by SNK Playmore.

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
This product and all it's contents were given permission by SNK Playmore. Another word for permission is Licensed.

We know, like the Licensed BLAZE Sega MegaDrive, and other licensed consoles Blaze sold in the past
Why do you think i'm so mad with this?

People are going to buy that, thinking they are purchasing a new Neo hardware, but in the end they will see, it's just a shiti chinese clone, with poor quality materials.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
We know, like the Licensed BLAZE Sega MegaDrive, and other licensed consoles Blaze sold in the past
Why do you think i'm so mad with this?

People are going to buy that, thinking they are purchasing a new Neo hardware, but in the end they will see, it's just a shiti chinese clone, with poor quality materials.

I understand your frustration. However, 100% of the blame is on SNK Playmore licensing that poor quality company. They could have rejected it all together, yet they must be seeing $$$.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The douchebags are right though, Blaze has made nothing but shit. I do have hope though, those crappy Megadrive clones cost 30 or 40 bucks, and it shows. This costs 200. Hopefully Blaze is using some of that cash for build quality, and not just laughing all the way to the bank like someone who just sold a AF3 cart.

NeoDevil

n00b
Hey everyone, just joined the site to reply to this thread.

Now, I know Neo fans are the craziest of the crazy, but I feel as though some of you aren't giving this thing a fair chance, or understand who this is being targeted at. I'm 29, I grewup during the peak of the Arcade scene, and the peak of gaming in general. I owned every console available as a kid, except for the AES. The reasons for not owning one were obvious, but the desire to own some form of the Neo along with a handful of games has never left me.

Well, sadly, I still can't afford nor justify the investment required to be like one of you folks, BUT this Neo Geo X thing is potentially providing me with the chance to finally own a somewhat authentic Neo Geo console in some form, along with MOST of the games I would buy if I could afford the actual AES. The game selection isn't much of an issue for me, because I was never fond of the games that came late in the Neo's life to begin with (Last Blades and MOTW being the few exceptions). Magician Lord, Fatal Fury, SamSho2, Metal Slug, Cyberlip etc etc, these older titles ARE Neo Geo to me.

I'm not a fan of the current gaming landscape at all. I hate and detest games like Uncharted, Heavy Rain and all of these developers and their games sapping the fun, charm and soul out of videogames by trying to mimic shitty Hollywood movies with no imagination or sense of wonder, and a terribly linear, borderline "automatic" experience. I don't own any of the current consoles anymore and have resorted to playing retro games almost exclusively because of this. To me, videogames as they were meant to be died off when the Dreamcast did.

I can't afford an AES. I don't have the room for a cabinet.

If the joystick is solid (and can be bought for a 2nd player) and emulation is near perfect, I will be dropping the money on this without a second thought. This is finally my chance to own an official SNK Neo Geo product and relive my glory days of getting my ass beat by Tung Fu Ru! This product isn't meant for the guy who owns Metal Slug 1 on AES, this is meant for people like me who have fond memories of a console they could never experience at home.

I'm looking forward to a hands-on from somebody who isn't going to be all like "for $200 you can buy a MVS multicart, blah blah"

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
I understand your frustration. However, 100% of the blame is on SNK Playmore licensing that poor quality company. They could have rejected it all together, yet they must be seeing $$$.

I know, snk-playmore sucks.
Its not our old SNK, i hate Playmore, they are lazy and they ruined the NeoGeo.

Thats why im fking pissed about, all the neogeo hardware is good quality, aand now playmore is gona release some poor clone with the "neo geo" logo ?