Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

ObeyMyEgo

Kula's Candy
Smh, some people will buy a bag of shit if it has neo geo written on it huh?

Its emulation thats it. Why not buy a psp that plays its own library of games and just about every other retro console

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,

Its emulation thats it. Why not buy a psp that plays its own library of games and just about every other retro console

Word. I don't see no point in spending 200 bucks for an emu station. Milk teh cow til the powder comes out SNKP !! Or in this case the rest of the cow too. The game selection does the rest.

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey

Of course.
That's the point of being a SNK fanboy.
You should do the same.

Actually I'm surprised to see so many people rejecting this product, I thought I was at the NGF but I guess I'm at the Xbox Forums. Let me check it, wait a sec... yeah, I'm at NGF...odd...

Last edited:

Ukee

Geese's Thug

Yes, yes we will.

This is a device with a lot of potential that will most likely not go anywhere. I have seen it before and I am sure I will see it again in the future. But I still like to try and hope because SNKP is at least trying to cater to my interests. No other game company seems to care for what I like, they just keep putting out stuff that I don't want to really play and tell me "tough cookies".

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member

Nobody is buying this to play the games. There are better ways to play Neo Geo games. Even better than playing them on a PSP. It's a collectible. People pay a shitload of money for a Neo Geo rug. This is a new, affordable collectible, and may even serve as parts for people's Neo Geo projects.

Try not to act so confused about the interest people have in it.

goldenegg

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Of course.
That's the point of being a SNK fanboy.
You should do the same.

Actually I'm surprised to see so many people rejecting this product, I thought I was at the NGF but I guess I'm at the Xbox Forums. Let me check it, wait a sec... yeah, I'm at NGF...odd...

If this were priced better or was something more than a portable emulation device, then you'd have more people excited about it. As it stands, the experience it provides can be had through many other available products.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member

People pay $1500 for Chibi Maruko, do you say anything about that?

For me the HDMI output actually is of interest.

If the picture to an HDTV through that is actually good, that might be worth the $200.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
doesnt look like the controller and dock is included. looks to be a separate fee.

dipindods

needs help. stuck in virgina.
this looks kool ill see what its like later on. i have a huge library of snes and nes games and was thinking of buying a hand held that plays them. but then i saw a pic of a handheld that looks like it plays mvs games. were my eyes wrong? does this thing xzist? but having a neo geo handheld would be cool

ObeyMyEgo

Kula's Candy
Collectible? So anything with neo geo written on it, even though its not made by snk playmore holds value?

Also how does it have potential?
There is 90 other handheld devices that do the same exact thing as this. Play emulation, and have hdmi out. Sorry, your paying 200 for the name *neo geo X*

Now, only think unique this system has going for it. IS IF the d pad feels like the old neo geo cd controllers.

For all we know it might end up feeling like the 3ds pad which is complete balls.

As for the comment there are better ways to play neo geo than the psp, well no shit. But its one of the best and cheapest ways to do it on the go.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Collectible? So anything with neo geo written on it, even though its not made by snk playmore holds value?

Also how does it have potential?
There is 90 other handheld devices that do the same exact thing as this. Play emulation, and have hdmi out. Sorry, your paying 200 for the name *neo geo X*

Now, only think unique this system has going for it. IS IF the d pad feels like the old neo geo cd controllers.

For all we know it might end up feeling like the 3ds pad which is complete balls.

As for the comment there are better ways to play neo geo than the psp, well no shit. But its one of the best and cheapest ways to do it on the go.

It's obvious you're a casual Neo Geo fan. Nothing wrong with that. Just like there's nothing wrong with the hardcore fans.

And people are always building cool, new Neo Geo projects. These casings can be used for them.

You are only speculating on the dpad being horrible, and only because you don't like this release to begin with. Try to hold your horses before completely shitting on something.

Also, this is much more than a portable Neo Geo. It also acts as a console to your tv, in high definition, no less. So, your comparison to the PSP is equally as pointless as your dpad speculation, which is also based in no reality.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
If the dpad is good, I am all over this. I can't play any Neo games on my PSP except for fucking League Bowling since the dpad is useless for fighters, and I'm not hacking my 3000.

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
I'm interested. I've spent $200 on worse things.

yeah go spend $200 on an emulator and couple roms lol (THEY ARE FREE)
you gona be very disappointed, when you see that shitii emulator quality, lol it's Blaze, their products SUCKS !

ObeyMyEgo

Kula's Candy
It's obvious you're a casual Neo Geo fan. Nothing wrong with that. Just like there's nothing wrong with the hardcore fans.

And people are always building cool, new Neo Geo projects. These casings can be used for them.

You are only speculating on the dpad being horrible, and only because you don't like this release to begin with. Try to hold your horses before completely shitting on something.

Also, this is much more than a portable Neo Geo. It also acts as a console to your tv, in high definition, no less. So, your comparison to the PSP is equally as pointless as your dpad speculation, which is also based in no reality.

Every product blaze has put out, has sucked balls.

Also, i collect mvs carts. I'm very picky about my carts. If i was to ever buy a boot i would probably explode on the seller for not saying so. So the comment on casual neo geo fan is bullshit. Sorry I'm not a fan boy and willing to waste my money on complete bullshit emulation. When i can download every one of those games for free and play on my pc with 100% better emulation...

But collecting something snk didn't put out themselves...YAHHHH that makes you a hard core neo geo fan????

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member

Also, i collect mvs carts. I'm very picky about my carts. If i was to ever buy a boot i would probably explode on the seller for not saying so. So the comment on casual neo geo fan is bullshit. Sorry I'm not a fan boy and willing to waste my money on complete bullshit emulation. When i can download every one of those games for free and play on my pc with 100% better emulation...

But collecting something snk didn't put out themselves...YAHHHH that makes you a hard core neo geo fan????

You can download every single Neo Geo rom anyway, so why even play MVS carts? It's a stupid argument. I still buy Neo Geo games, even though I can get them for free, and, yes, even the emulated stuff on PSN and XBL. That makes me a fan boy? So bet it, I won't waste my time arguing that.

However, to sit around, with your nose in the air, acting completely confused why fans of the Neo Geo would be interested in this release...that's just stupid. Whether or not you like this release, it's not hard to figure out why big fans of the Neo Geo would consider owning something like this, even if it was only as a collectible.

So, yeah, I would consider you a casual Neo Geo fan. Plenty of casual Neo Geo fans collect MVS carts. You're different? You can't even fathom why people would want to own this, despite the things that it has going for it.

DangerousK

20 Year Member

:rolleyes:

So you don't care about this product, and you think it is dumb.

Great.

Why are you still posting then about it?

People are free to spend their money however they see fit, just as you are free to not purchase this product.

You're taking the announcement of this product rather personally.

DangerousK

20 Year Member
You can download every single Neo Geo rom anyway, so why even play MVS carts? It's a stupid argument. I still buy Neo Geo games, even though I can get them for free, and, yes, even the emulated stuff on PSN and XBL. That makes me a fan boy? So bet it, I won't waste my time arguing that.

However, to sit around, with your nose in the air, acting completely confused why fans of the Neo Geo would be interested in this release...that's just stupid. Whether or not you like this release, it's not hard to figure out why big fans of the Neo Geo would consider owning something like this, even if it was only as a collectible.

So, yeah, I would consider you a casual Neo Geo fan. Plenty of casual Neo Geo fans collect MVS carts. You're different? You can't even fathom why people would want to own this, despite the things that it has going for it.

Don't you know, you're supposed to obey his ego.

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
E

That's my point.
But some nuubs here, can't understand that !

yeah i would buy that shitii emulator IF it was released by SNK, with SNK hardware, and not with an all-in-one chip emulator with roms, released by Blaze.

bla bla bla...........

^^ Yeah... becouse the REAL SNK fan get scammed in $30 k

Last edited:

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
lol "nuubs"

Do you have any idea what site you're on? Stick to the AF3/PS2 bootlegs threads where you're largely ignored.
You mad NUUB ?

please go buy that chinese made emulator by blaze, idk its your fking money !
just dont come here crying you "broke" your fake emulator

and yeah i know what site i'm on, i'm on the site where people buy $30k of fake carts, just to feed their EGO

Last edited: