Neo Geo X Adapter

Superdanx

Goal! Goal! Goal!
10 Year Member
So if this adapter becomes available, is there also a way to put all the games on sd cards too via it and ship it out as I know fuck all about this kind of thing.

EDIT: fair points guys. Message deleted.

Last edited:

Demitri1983

Cheng's Errand Boy
And so piracy is born.....

the fact that people are even talking about an idea like that ......:oh_no:

SlickDizzy

Mr. Big's Thug
Putting games on the SD card is the super easy part...it's also even more illegal for someone to sell you a bunch of ROMs than it is to just download them...so I wouldn't hold my breath.

I'd totally buy an adapter, though.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Personally I want Tommo to release as many games as quickly as possible for me to buy as to support this, but if theres games I want that they dont release then I have no qualms about getting other games.

Last edited:

SlickDizzy

Mr. Big's Thug
Once you have an adapter, it's as simple as creating the right folders on an SD card, converting your ROMs to .fba format with the conversion program, and putting them in the folder. Pretty straightforward.

The thing is, downloading ROMs of games you don't own is piracy, but it's pretty insignificant offense and nearly impossible to be caught for. Now downloading ROMs and selling them for profit to others is a SERIOUS offense and would surely raise some eyebrows at SNKP's legal department...

Last edited:

BloodShed

New Challenger
I'll make some adapters but I absolutely won't be selling microSD cards or ship any ROMs guys.

With the adapter, it's easy enough to put your own games on the NGX. It's just a matter of converting to the fba format, and copy them into a folder. I'll put some instructions together when I ship.

As an update, my order of adapters arrived in Chicago on the 9th. No more updates on the tracking since then.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Hope you get the adaptors soon.

lets see how much longer Tommo take to release some games.

Last edited:
For the european guys:
I have a problem with the SD adapters. It's extremely hard to make them properly working. My problem: not enough space within sd cards - there's internally too much plastic. Dunno which sd adapters have less plastic inside.
Maybe I have to cut out a small "window" off the front side that the wires are not hammering them out.

Just to mention:
I have no f*cking experience in soldering things, but if nobody in central europe is able to make adapters, I'll do that ^^

daranus

Banned
Bad News that is... Im from Europe as well. I did solder a few things in the past but that miniature size stuff is too difficult for me and my hands (and my equipment). the Bad side is that i would love tinkering with the device :( was there a Shop which sold the ribbon cable adapters? I only found the one site where you have to make an inquiry as I just searched. The ribbon cables should be easy enough even for someone like me :P

Didiana

n00b
I opened up a SanDisk adapter, look here:

As you can see, it's impossible to apply the pin-switch hack, because there is no pcb which can be altered!!

Thoses are good to go, just need to melt a little the plastic under the SD pins (then use a little drop of hotglue) and it's perfect.

I did not take a pic when i did this one but here is his brother (be indulgent is was my first one):
R6Tht.jpg

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Personally I want Tommo to release as many games as quickly as possible for me to buy as to support this, but if theres games I want that they dont release then I have no qualms about getting other games.

This is my outlook also but I'll still buy an adapter.

Nerdy

Kabuki Klasher
How far are we to having the adapters ready? i will be supporting this and will be buying one.

I want to have all my neo games on the go.

But i also want to support any future releases from SNK-P / Tommo

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
I am also down for one. I don't want to open any of my Neo Geo X games. I'd like to keep them all sealed, assuming Tommo actually makes some for us to buy!

I hate for my first post to be this but, please include me in the list for adapters (Hopefully you'll take paypal when the time cones. :p). Heck, i'd still support the heck out of the Neo Geo X. I play it more than my Wii U. Thing is we're probably never gonna get SNK vs Capcom Chaos (I own the import for PS2) or Rage of the Dragons (Which never came to a non neo geo console). :\ Again thanks. :)