NEO GEO neominibox for MVS (and AES...)

Loris Biaggi

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
NEO GEO neominibox for MVS

Hello everybody!

I have a surprise for all the Neo Geo lovers like me.
I’ve decided to build some light boxes, small and economic pieces for my MVS games and therefore I would like to share this idea with all the other SNK followers.

I created some tailor made boxes, made out of white cardboard called “micro-wave”. They are really light but resistant, and are produced by a professional box factory where I have worked for some years.
Furthermore I have designed sticker labels that are digitally printed with professional machines (and not with a home printer) that are to be applied on the back of the box.

Well the final result is this:

I’ve called the box neominibox

For whoever is interested these are the prices:
-5 boxes with 5 labels of your choice – 20 euro (4 euro each box).
-10 boxes with 10 labels of your choice – 30 euro (3 euro each box).
-30 boxes with 30 labels of your choice - 80 euro (2,66 euro each box)
-For more than 50 boxes the price is 2,50 euro each, label included.

For each extra label the price is 0,50 euro each.

Of course expedition prices are excluded and may vary from one destination to the other.
Please contact me for a detailed expedition expense.

I hope that this service is appreciated :glee:

-----------
Other pictures

Open box – As you can see is absolutely custom cut (special guest: my wife's finger):

A dimension comparison with other Neo Geo boxes:

The 10 boxes + 10 labels kit... A really easy packaging item!

The complete labels collection:

And here's how to close a box and put the sticker:

For your orders please contact me here or at
neominibox@gmail.com

And here you can find my ebay feedbacks.
http://myworld.ebay.it/vrggames

Last edited:

Tomcat

NG.com No.1 Ranked Trader.Also, Donated $600+ to N
Rating - 100%
836   0   1
they are very nice...

regards

Tom(ITA)

ignaciogc

Banned
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Those are certainly nice... and the price is not bad either ($4.2 each atm if you get 10+)
I wonder, how much to ship 10 to the U.S.? (Virginia)

Thanks.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Nice idea. I like the look and it's certainly nice to have box that fits the size of the carts so perfectly. If I didn't have shocks for all my carts already I definitely would be getting these. Good job with the labels too.

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Indeed looks cool. I'll probably order some for the ones that I don't have a shockbox for.

Last edited:

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
I've since edited my post, so if you want to edit my quote out that would be cool. I might get a few for myself though.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Great effort and a nice result in terms of the finished product.
Unfortunately the weak USD will turn many away including myself but such as life. Someone in the U.S. should give a US based production run a go.

Question for you: are these made of base cardboard stock or a hybrid/re-inforced carboard stock (plastic addetive, etc)?

EDIT: looking at the pic of them stacked flat it looks to be standard carboard stock. Have you looked into the availability and pricing of re-inforced hybrid stock?

I like your idea for the stickers/labels but I have to say that the mimicking of the home cartridge color scheme and layout (in shock boxes, etc) has gotten old and stale. I think you owe it to yourself and others to loose that grey backdrop and utilize the MVS oriented logo's that SNK had back when. It would make your stuff more unique........in my opinion at least.

You mention that the labels are done proffessionaly. What type of printing methiod was used? do you think it is possible to have them die cut with rounded corners?
Just giving some constructive criticism. Nice work overall though.

Last edited:

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
450   0   0
Great looking boxes, very nice quality and good looking labels.

Loris Biaggi

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Question for you: are these made of base cardboard stock or a hybrid/re-inforced carboard stock (plastic addetive, etc)?

I like your idea for the stickers/labels but I have to say that the mimicking of the home cartridge color scheme and layout (in shock boxes, etc) has gotten old and stale. I think you owe it to yourself and others to loose that grey backdrop and utilize the MVS oriented logo's that SNK had back when. It would make your stuff more unique........in my opinion at least.

You mention that the labels are done proffessionaly. What type of printing methiod was used? do you think it is possible to have them die cut with rounded corners?
Just giving some constructive criticism. Nice work overall though.

Made with base cardboard. I'm not sure if i like a hybrid plastic reinforced...
About the graphics, i agree it is a little old, but i didn't want to make it too different.
The stickers are made with a digital professional printer (i don't know more...).
Anyway, i appreciate your suggestions, and maybe in the future i can consider a lot of changes BUT:
-I did a quite big production, so i will change nothing for a loooong time (but maybe with your help time will be shorter ;)
-I thought about a lot of things when i did the project, and i made every decision to keep the product the most cheap, easy to produce and easy to use, and to make it look good for most people (that's why i preferred to change few things on label graphics)

I posted it on a french NeoGeo forum, i hope you're ok with this :)
Just to know, would you make a discount on big lots (like 100 boxes or so) ?

Thank you for posting it!
Of course i will make a good price for big lots, just write me and we will make the deal! ;)

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
This must be the best MVS homa-made casing solution I've ever seen.

It's fair and simple, just as MVS is supposed to be. There's no reason for MVS to mimick AES in my opinion.

When I'll buy a cab and a bunch of MVS bare carts to play and chill, I'll be housing those in these super clean miniboxes.

Loris Biaggi

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
For anyone interested from usa, i'm trying to find a cheaper way to send big orders.
I think i can do a "light" package to stay under the 45 euro cathegory... this is for orders up to 70/80 boxes.
For small orders, 10 or 12 boxes, i can send with normal posts (no full tracking) for 20 euro.
Next week i will be able to update with shipping prices 100% for sure.

bwi

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
what kind of shipping price are we looking at for shipping to the UK?

bri

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Coolest thing I've ever seen for MVS.

Like totally classy looking stuff. Genius IDEA.

Loris Biaggi

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
what kind of shipping price are we looking at for shipping to the UK?

For up to 12 boxes i can ship with normal posts, it costs 15 euro.
For orders up to 10 Kg (up to 100 boxes) it costs about 25 euro with courier.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Hey Loris,

These are very nice boxes you have done, nice work.
Unfortunately I have all my carts in BB Shocks, but still, space is an issue so maybe soon I will give that a rethink.

As for the stickers I think they look cool, who cares if they look like the home cart inserts, they are still Neo games being used in a home after all.

Anyway, any chance you can post the dimensions of the stickers? We could then get people creating lots of their own designs to share.
Might help you shift some boxes!

Clessy

Banned
Rating - 92.9%
13   1   0
These are pretty fucking boss! Now if only you could get south down to print full incerts as sticker labels instead!

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Its ashame this isn't afford-ably worth it for us americans though.

Loris Biaggi

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Anyway, any chance you can post the dimensions of the stickers? We could then get people creating lots of their own designs to share.
Might help you shift some boxes!

Of course i can give dimensions, any help to improve my product is welcome!
I drew the stickers with photoshop, the dimensions are 3,7cm x 19,6cm
(included 1mm more for the cut) with 300 resolution.

Really nice work, Dude! How much are the shipping price to Germany?

To Germany with courier it's 20 euro up to 100 boxes.
With normal posts it's 15 up to 12 boxes.