Neo Geo MVS LED Marquee kits - limited numbers left

leejsmith

Cham Cham's Banana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a few orders this week so I am left with enough to make 10 light panels or 2 4 slot kits. How many people are interested in kits at some point in the future ?

leejsmith

Cham Cham's Banana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just sold the last kit I can make with the current stock so I am happy to order another batch of parts to make 120 panels and I am working on a new control board that should make my life easier on the assembly.

So thank you all for supporting this.

leejsmith

Cham Cham's Banana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After some research I am working on a new design that uses 5v for the panels instead of 12v so it makes powering the boards a lot easier with just very basic components and no 12v boosters. It does make the LED PCB a lot harder for me to build, but I think the benefits are worth it. I am also changing to the atmega chip instead of the arduino nano so I will not have to buy nano boards and the 12v boosters which should help with possible stock problems as I just found trying to get new stock. From your point of view it all works just the same with the same functions and working with the old ELA cable. I am just about to test a direct replacement for the original ELA with the same 5v connector that goes to the old HAP PSU so no more separate power and date leads and most importantly no crimping of the 9 way molex power splicers which I absolutely hate doing.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Hey Lee...

You make a great product pal... Just wondering if you could consider posting/helping out outside the sales forum...

It's no biggie... I don't mind if ya' do or not... but you seem to know a bit and maybe a bit more presence outside this project may do some good...

xROTx

leejsmith

Cham Cham's Banana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Lee...

You make a great product pal... Just wondering if you could consider posting/helping out outside the sales forum...

It's no biggie... I don't mind if ya' do or not... but you seem to know a bit and maybe a bit more presence outside this project may do some good...

xROTx

sure if I can, but I only know about this part like the ELA and credit stuff after doing so much research. I still need to fix the sound on slot 4 of my mvs and re-cap my us250 psu.

leejsmith

Cham Cham's Banana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All, Happy new year !!

I have new stock of these kits and also have added 2 slot Goldie to the shop.
While waiting for one of the parts to arrive I have worked on a new low power version that can be run from the port on the MVS so they no longer need a separate 12v if you are missing the old EL cables.

leejsmith

Cham Cham's Banana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New 5v Neo Geo LED Control board

This is the latest version of the LED mini marquee system. I redesigned it so it no longer uses any pre-made modules like the Arduino or the 12v boost board. Part of the new design was to also remove the need for the 12v line and I changed the led matrix on the panels to work from 4v instead of 12v. This means I can power everything from just the port of the MVS and makes installing super easy if you do not have the original ELA cable. All the test functions are the same and you can still adjust the brightness if needed. I also changed the board so you can change the number of panels from 2,4 or 6 at a later date and this means I can make up a batch and change them to suit each order.

DSC00021.JPG
DSC00010.JPG

leejsmith

Cham Cham's Banana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mini marquee Kits are still for sale at my website
I just finsihed a new board design with parts that are easier to buy at the moment so the chip shortage is not a big problem.

I also added some new universal panels that are as small as possible for some of the neo style cabinets.