Neo Geo MVS Arcade/Business

Hubes22

New Challenger
I came across this beauty last weekend at our local Godfather's Pizza. They also have MS6 on another machine. I can see a lot more Godfather's Pizza in my future.. :) Haven't seen one around town in a long time... Small town Montana here and not many places with arcade machines anymore. Anyone else with a local business around that still has one? I'm debating on approaching the amusement company to see if they would be willing to sell it. Anyone know what this would be worth, as is? Restoration cost?

Attachments

• Godfathers Neo Geo-1.jpg
    Godfathers Neo Geo-1.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
the first time a came across a king of fighters 94 arcade was at a pizza shop in tottenham. but arcades are pretty much extinct here in london.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
If that cab is making money for the op, you'll most likely either get a no or some silly price to buy. Never hurts to ask though. Metal Slug 6 isn't a Neo game by the way, it's an easy version hack of Metal Slug 3.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I came across 2 machines with aero fighters 3 and Bust a move again in them in a bowling alley near me.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Dude I freggin love GodFather's! They all closed all their locations in my area like 12 years ago. They always had an MK1 ,Killer Instinct 2, and a few random pinball machines. Plus the pizza is delicious.

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Old machines like this in places like that will make a steady income...doubt the op will sell, but i would definatly try though!!..
If there's two cabs there...they must be popular.
That cab in the UK would prob fetch £500 ...i have never seen any US cabs here though, plenty of Candys mind ;)

Last edited:

Hubes22

New Challenger
If that cab is making money for the op, you'll most likely either get a no or some silly price to buy. Never hurts to ask though. Metal Slug 6 isn't a Neo game by the way, it's an easy version hack of Metal Slug 3.

I plan on calling them later this week just to see what they say. Sammy Atomiswave on the MS6, correct?

Hubes22

New Challenger
Dude I freggin love GodFather's! They all closed all their locations in my area like 12 years ago. They always had an MK1 ,Killer Instinct 2, and a few random pinball machines. Plus the pizza is delicious.

Godfather's is money. We use to have two in town but the other location closed a few years back. Their taco pizza is the best.

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98
I came across this beauty last weekend at our local Godfather's Pizza. They also have MS6 on another machine. I can see a lot more Godfather's Pizza in my future.. :) Haven't seen one around town in a long time... Small town Montana here and not many places with arcade machines anymore. Anyone else with a local business around that still has one? I'm debating on approaching the amusement company to see if they would be willing to sell it. Anyone know what this would be worth, as is? Restoration cost?

I have seen these around here for $300-400. The restoration would probably be around $50 assuming you are only going to fix that right hand panel. The overall shape of the cabinet looks good.

Good luck!

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
For a cab in public it honestly looks in really great shape. Definitely looks like some wack bondo or something under that panel though.

Amazing. Another Montana native here, I found this thread while looking for a resource for public machines out there. So this is in Billings, then?

I myself own a Neo that is located in my family's restaurant, hence the search. Is there any such list or thread for these finds, or is this it?

Mine doesn't, but its spot is perhaps not ideal. It makes a little less than $300 in the six months out of the year we're open.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Mine doesn't, but its spot is perhaps not ideal. It makes a little less than $300 in the six months out of the year we're open.

I guess that's not too bad, considering maintenance is probably next to nothing. I've always wondered what cabs like that make on location.

I'm always game to plug in a few quarters whenever I see a big red in the wild (which is almost never), but I guess I'm a bit more biased than your average restaurant patron.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
I guess that's not too bad, considering maintenance is probably next to nothing. I've always wondered what cabs like that make on location.

I'm always game to plug in a few quarters whenever I see a big red in the wild (which is almost never), but I guess I'm a bit more biased than your average restaurant patron.

Location depends and the games depend as well. Buddy of mine who runs a route still makes about $60/ week from a 4 slot he's got on location at a hispanic restaurant/ bar. Just got KOF '98, 2nd Squad, PB, and MSX in it.

Yeah, it's modest, but I'm not complaining. Our restaurant is primarily an outdoor dining experience, and the lobby-like area the cabinet is in is kind of cramped. Puzzle Bobble and Metal Slug seem to be the most popular, but most people who put coins in (mostly little kids) don't seem to know how to switch to the game they want, if they realize there are multiple in there. But it's all good, I make enough quarters to buy a few new cartridges at the end of the year, and the only maintenance I really have to do is unjamming the coin slot from time to time. I put new controls in when I bought it about five years ago, and they're holding up fine, despite my patrons' insistence on pounding the buttons as hard and loudly as possible.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Yeah, it's modest, but I'm not complaining. Our restaurant is primarily an outdoor dining experience, and the lobby-like area the cabinet is in is kind of cramped. Puzzle Bobble and Metal Slug seem to be the most popular, but most people who put coins in (mostly little kids) don't seem to know how to switch to the game they want, if they realize there are multiple in there. But it's all good, I make enough quarters to buy a few new cartridges at the end of the year, and the only maintenance I really have to do is unjamming the coin slot from time to time. I put new controls in when I bought it about five years ago, and they're holding up fine, despite my patrons' insistence on pounding the buttons as hard and loudly as possible.

At least you're getting enough to buy the new carts. If I ever do put one on location, I really want to put either rare games or newer games (such as NG:DEV.TEAM) stuff in it. Would be cool to see a fans eyes light up at the sight of a NEW NG game or just play one they've never seen.

At least you're getting enough to buy the new carts. If I ever do put one on location, I really want to put either rare games or newer games (such as NG:DEV.TEAM) stuff in it. Would be cool to see a fans eyes light up at the sight of a NEW NG game or just play one they've never seen.

Yeah, for sure. Here in Montana, I'm just happy when I hear someone recognize a game at all, heh. I know a few locals around here who appreciate my machine, though. And there was a high school kid who attended the band camp thing here every summer who is wicked good at Puzzle Bobble. Shoutouts to BEN.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
I run mine with rare and fun titles, mix it up for variety. Metal slug and kof98 have always been the heavy hitters, but we have plans to do a magical drop tournament based on how many people have come in just to talk about that game. Nobody likes turf masters Q_Q

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I run mine with rare and fun titles, mix it up for variety. Metal slug and kof98 have always been the heavy hitters, but we have plans to do a magical drop tournament based on how many people have come in just to talk about that game. Nobody likes turf masters Q_Q
Whats wrong with thise people ntm is a cracking game 😮

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Hubes22

New Challenger
Amazing. Another Montana native here, I found this thread while looking for a resource for public machines out there. So this is in Billings, then?

Never thought I would see someone else on this forum from Montana.. Glad to see I'm not the only one. :) Yes, this one is located at Godfathers Pizza in Billings.

I myself own a Neo that is located in my family's restaurant, hence the search. Is there any such list or thread for these finds, or is this it?

What restaurant in Red Lodge? It's been a few years since I've been up there. I use to spend a lot of weekends up there when I was still in party mode. :)