Neo Geo Hori Stick Mod

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I can't remember who posted it but I recall someone saying that there was a specific Seimitsu/Sanwa stick that drops right in with minimal hacking.

Anyone know which stick it is?

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I can't remember who posted it but I recall someone saying that there was a specific Seimitsu/Sanwa stick that drops right in with minimal hacking.

Anyone know which stick it is?

I don't know the brand, but I replaced mine with one of those ASCI PS1 arcade sticks. I just dropped the bat top and used a ball top.

fs2.jpg

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
I am interested in this, my stick has some kind of issue and a replacement would be nice.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
LS56/LS58 is easy, I've put one in a Hori Fighting Stick PS (the variant with the metal top plate) and from what I've seen of both sticks they can be treated the same. You remove the metal plate, remove the joystick inside, (EDIT: Dremel off the 4 posts that held the original joystick), keep the shaft and balltop (maybe spring too, been a while), shave the actuator so it's the same height as the old one, remove LS56 mounting plate, use mounting plate as template and mark holes, drill holes in Hori, screw stick in, tweak holes if one of them is off, put Hori back together, and wire stick in.

Last edited:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Hey Rui,

Got more pics of the build or of what was needed to be done?

It was a direct swap. I just had to unscrew the bat top and put a ball on the shaft.

I swapped from this stick:

E-061-H-00030-A.jpg

Last edited: