NEO GEO HISTORY

Blondin

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Hi dudes,

It's Tibe from Neo Geo Kult. An article about the Neo Geo history is now available in english on the website: http://www.neogeokult.com/articles/neo-geo-history/

Hope you'll enjoy reading this ;)
Most of neogeokult.com content have been translated: 100% Reviews and 100% Versus are available both in french and english. I've just begun translating articles into english. Let me know if you ever see something to improve...

SSS

neo retired
This article is 100% incorrect. The Neo Geo was developed by dion dakis and chris ray in 1985 in the back room of their club, The White Swallow

slerch666

updyke,
This article is 100% incorrect. The Neo Geo was developed by dion dakis and chris ray in 1985 in the back room of their club, The White Swallow

I know, because I was there.

How you been? lol

Though for real, article wasn't bad, and really wasn't 100% wrong. ::kekeke:

Last edited:

Blondin

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Thanks for the comments, dudes. Hope my english isn't too bad.

Blondin

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Thanks guys, i appreciate it; ;)

I'll be translating more and more content on Neo Geo Kult during the next months, my goal is to offer a totally bilingual website. When i'll be done with the articles, i'll be translating game guides too. Of course, every new content is available in english, i'm just translating the existing content that was only in french.

Also, feel free to post your collections on NGK! just send name and pics to contact@neogeokult.com

ccthao

n00b
I found this article interesting even though the english transition is a little hard to follow. Good job!

Last edited:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Both MVS and AES debuted in April 1990 in Japan.

Pre-dating MVS in January is misconception. NeoGeo (both the home console and the MVS) where originally *announced* on the JPN press in Jan, released in Apr. :-)

Blondin

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Both MVS and AES debuted in April 1990 in Japan.

Pre-dating MVS in January is misconception. NeoGeo (both the home console and the MVS) where originally *announced* on the JPN press in Jan, released in Apr. :-)

Thanks for the information, could you give me the source of this please?

Last edited:

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
"even should he sacrifice for that mother and father on the altar of the Holy Arcade, forced into debt over several years to satisfy their brats."

"As an early aficionado of the game, my passion for Retro-Gaming and particularly for the Neo Geo could be interpreted as nostalgia! So, did the Neo Geo, in the same way that an AC Cobra 427, the Necronomicon or a Leica M9, became a timeless object of worship?"

Nice read. Although I'm pretty familiar with the history of the Neo, I enjoyed the writing style and some of your commentary. A couple examples above. :)

Zeek

n00b
Just on your english (I am not criticizing you):
Does Coregrafx = Turbografx ?
couleurs = colours/colors
Canaux = channels
The other systems were technologically completely outpowered, even professional contemporary machines were inferior on many points to the MVS system.
= The other systems were technologically completely outpowered, even professionals contemporary machines were inferior on many points to the MVS system.
----------------

That's all I'm going to go over, great article!

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Thanks for the information, could you give me the source of this please?

'89 and '90 Famitsu and Gamest magazines.
(and of course SNK official flyers)

Definetively, you should read some, they are full of (correct) informations.

Blondin

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Just on your english (I am not criticizing you):
Does Coregrafx = Turbografx ?
couleurs = colours/colors
Canaux = channels
= The other systems were technologically completely outpowered, even professionals contemporary machines were inferior on many points to the MVS system.

Fixed, thanks Zeek! anyone must feel free to tell me if you see anything else to fix on english translation, no offense! ^^

Massimiliano, thanks for the sources, i'll add these to my credits. I already fixed article with these dates before.

Many thanks to everyone for their compliments, i'm very pleased you enjoyed the article and its translation being successful.

SSS

neo retired
Perhaps a little update regarding the Neo X is warranted.

Something like: "In 2012 it was revealed that SNKP had whored out the Neo license to Tommo, who in late December sharted out the Neo Geo X. It was the first time the Neo departed from bringing an arcade experience home. Fans were treated to cheap hardware running an early dev version of an emulator violating it's licensing agreement. Instead of an arcade quality experience, buyers were greated with frame skipping, screen tearing, and sound issues."