Neo Geo games you never bothered playing...

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
It's an over-simplifcation, but yeah I suppose you can say that. But like SoZ mentioned, it's best played with a friend(s), and some beer. Ive owned the AES and MVS versions and totally regret selling them. I definitely agree it's a top 5 for me.
Ive heard that its great. Ah maybe someday ill give it a twirl.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
I've never played a majority of the neo titles. We didn't have a large neo scene when I was a kid. You either played Streetfighter or capcom beatemups or MK or KI.

I only started getting into neo stuff when I joined the forum.. so.. yeah.

also puzzle bobble is bad ass. the neo had a LOT of great puzzle games that I'm a huge fan of.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
-Slugs after 3
-Any of the sports titles, only sports games I liked were Super Tennis and Virtua Striker but that's OT
-Mahjong and quiz games, don't know japanese, wouldn't care for the games even if I did
-Some of the rarer ones that never came to the arcades over here like PI2, etc...that I also never bothered to emulate

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
-Slugs after 3
-Any of the sports titles, only sports games I liked were Super Tennis and Virtua Striker but that's OT
-Mahjong and quiz games, don't know japanese, wouldn't care for the games even if I did
-Some of the rarer ones that never came to the arcades over here like PI2, etc...that I also never bothered to emulate
Those quiz games, especially Quiz Daisousasen have such ridiculous plots that it's a shame they were never translated. They would be amusing visual novels without the Q&A.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
... and probably never will.

-Ghost Pilots
-Legend of Success Joe
-Any Majong Game
-Ninja Combat
-League Bowling
-Any Soccer (football) game
-Power Spikes
- Irritating Maze
-Blues Journey

Off the top of my head...
all of those apart from bowling

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
This makes me realize that there's a ton I've never bothered to play.

KOF post 2000
Savage Reign/Kizuna
Sam Sho IV-VS
Breakers/Flipshot
Money Puzzle Exchange/Neo Mr Do Nightmare in the Dark
3 count bout and riding hero

honestly, probably most of the library

Digmac

Leona's Therapist

KOF post 2000
Savage Reign/Kizuna
Sam Sho IV-VS
Breakers/Flipshot

Man, you’ve got some golden games you haven’t tried yet. (some justifiable passes as well) Get on it, man! Try SSIV and Money Idol at least. Those are absolute must plays IMO. Breakers is way better than it has any right to be as well. Visco made a gem with that one.

KGRAMR

Another Striker
For me, it would have to be most of the Neo Geo Pocket Color's library. Not because of lack of interest but lack of time now, since I don't have as much free time as I used to unfortunately but I would like to play Faselei! someday for example...

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Man, you’ve got some golden games you haven’t tried yet. (some justifiable passes as well) Get on it, man! Try SSIV and Money Idol at least. Those are absolute must plays IMO. Breakers is way better than it has any right to be as well. Visco made a gem with that one.
I have breakers on MVS, just never popped it in besides seeing if it works. I may give it a shot this week

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
For me, it would have to be most of the Neo Geo Pocket Color's library. Not because of lack of interest but lack of time now, since I don't have as much free time as I used to unfortunately but I would like to play Faselei! someday for example...
Anyone know if the Japanese copy of Faselei has an english option when playing on my color? I feel that all pocket games have that option but for some reason the Japanese copys are relatively cheap and the english ones aren't. Can't put my brain to make sense of it. I want that game too.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
K

KOF post 2000
Savage Reign/Kizuna
Sam Sho IV-VS
Breakers/Flipshot

Kizuna Enocounter is worth some play, even if for some laughs. Not to mention how weird it is .

Pimsbury

n00b
The amount of people that
I have breakers on MVS, just never popped it in besides seeing if it works. I may give it a shot this week
At first glance, Breakers is just another B grade fighting game but it's actually really fun and solid. It plays better than many others from the time period in my opinion. It's also not that special considering all of the competition on the neo geo but it is pretty good when you're tired of getting your ass handed to you in Art of Fighting.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Anyone know if the Japanese copy of Faselei has an english option when playing on my color? I feel that all pocket games have that option but for some reason the Japanese copys are relatively cheap and the english ones aren't. Can't put my brain to make sense of it. I want that game too.

I think there were similar issues with dive alert between US and JP versions, as if the space available on the cart was so tight that they couldn't fit more than one text localization.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Definitely not an option, i tried when i had a JP copy and ended up picking up an English version super cheap. Makes sense why the JP versions are so cheap compared to the English ones

Pimsbury

n00b
Im pretty open to trying most games and some of the sports games have become my favorites even though I don't like sports in general. Everyone should try Baseballs Stars 2, Windjammers, and Neo Turf Masters - especially with friends and some beer.

Games I have never bothered playing though include most of the puzzle games, because I already have Puzzle Bobble and Magical Drop 2 and I can't imagine most of the other games are really THAT different.

Fighting Fever and Karnov's Revenge don't look great either, so I skip those games.

Some of the early games like Ninja Combat and Cyberlip just don't look good at all, for the price anyway. Maybe if I scored them for $30 I'd give it a go, or a conversion.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Im pretty open to trying most games and some of the sports games have become my favorites even though I don't like sports in general. Everyone should try Baseballs Stars 2, Windjammers, and Neo Turf Masters - especially with friends and some beer.

Games I have never bothered playing though include most of the puzzle games, because I already have Puzzle Bobble and Magical Drop 2 and I can't imagine most of the other games are really THAT different.

Fighting Fever and Karnov's Revenge don't look great either, so I skip those games.

Some of the early games like Ninja Combat and Cyberlip just don't look good at all, for the price anyway. Maybe if I scored them for $30 I'd give it a go, or a conversion.
Give them a shot on either the NeoSD or Mame. If you like them that much to want a physical copy, there's tons of options.

I agree that some of the earlier titles can feel janky and stiff, but there's also a charm to them. If you're dead set on conversion, just grab the AliExpress blaze pro bootlegs, they're new PCBs and $60 shipped. And you won't kill an existing cart for it.

Pimsbury

n00b
Give them a shot on either the NeoSD or Mame. If you like them that much to want a physical copy, there's tons of options.

I agree that some of the earlier titles can feel janky and stiff, but there's also a charm to them. If you're dead set on conversion, just grab the AliExpress blaze pro bootlegs, they're new PCBs and $60 shipped. And you won't kill an existing cart for it.
Yeah "firing up" mame is the best option but having the cart MAKES me sit down and play one game whereas mame just makes me scroll through the games endlessly 😂.

I plan on trying some of the older titles eventually though.

Yes I have a few Blazepro carts too. They're great for games I dont feel like dropping a ton of cash on and I generally don't like the idea of conversion carts but I grabbed a couple because they were less than $40.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Definitely not an option, i tried when i had a JP copy and ended up picking up an English version super cheap. Makes sense why the JP versions are so cheap compared to the English ones
Damn alright then. I figured as much.

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
Yeah "firing up" mame is the best option but having the cart MAKES me sit down and play one game whereas mame just makes me scroll through the games endlessly 😂.

I plan on trying some of the older titles eventually though.

Yes I have a few Blazepro carts too. They're great for games I dont feel like dropping a ton of cash on and I generally don't like the idea of conversion carts but I grabbed a couple because they were less than $40.
blazepro carts for $40? :O

NGLad

n00b
Karnovs Revenge
Super Sidekicks 1,2,3,4
Riding hero
Neo Drift Out
Thrash Rally
All mahjong games
Money Puzzle Exchanger
Vliner
Ghostlop
Bang bang busters
Aso2
3 count bout
Blues Journey
Football Frenzy
Baseball stars 1,2

Probably more...

Also Legend of Success Joe is the best game on the system.
"Legend of Success Joe"
Sir.. let me say you have the finest taste in NG games.. please allow me to shake your hand.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I literally think the vast majority of people have played everything. If you havent by now I dont see you ever doing so.