Neo Geo games you never bothered playing...

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
Great topic. I considered starting a thread on this topic before so I’ve given it some thought. SNK in general I’ve never played:

Neo Geo Heroes Ultimate Shooting
Metal Slug 3D
Cool Cool Jam/Toon
Any mahjong or quiz game on Neo
Melon Chan
Delta Warp
Athena PlayStation
Kouldelka
Samurai Shodown RPG
Evolution Pocket
oh, come on. Delta Warp is a great game !

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I can't recall whether I tried some of these games back in the days on neorage emulator or never played them at all. I really could care less about the following games.

2020 Superbaseball
League Bowling (Never played but will someday)
Mahjong games
Joy Joy Kid
Legend of Success Joe
Quiz Games
Top Hunter
Irritating Maze

Now games that I know at some point I played but will never play again

Baseball Stars
3 Count Bout
Burning Fight
Eight Man
Ghost Pilots
King of Monsters
Prehistoric Isle
Riding Hero
Robo Army
Soccer Brawl
Twinkle Star Sprites
World Heroes
Samurai Shodown V
Aggressors of Dark Combat

Games that are considered good by many but never were my cup of tea

King Of Fighters Series
Windjammers

Games that are considered to some to be the best but I'm on the fence about. Like them but don't love them.

Garou MOTW (Much rather play any of the Real Bout games over this one)
Art of Fighting 3 (Very pretty but prefer the first two games)
Sengoku 3 (Many here already know how I feel about this one)
Pulstar (Great game with alot of eye candy but the difficulty kind of makes the game not fun)
Blazing Star (Great game if you could block out the "Bonus" sound)

My top games and will most likely enjoy playing till the day I die.

AOF
AOF2
Real Bouts
SamSho 1-3
Baseball Stars 2
Ninja Commando
Sengoku 2
Super Sidekicks
Last Blade's
Ninja Masters
Metal Slug 1-3
Shock Troopers
Neo Turf Masters

There are other good games not mentioned that I don't hate but I probably won't keep coming back to either.

Last edited:

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Is Power Spikes 2 actually trash or is it one of those acquired taste kinda games? Also never played it, but maybe I should try and understand it. Anime power-suit volleyball seems like something I'd be into.

Also echoing Windjammers, I played it once and it didn't click with me. I can see it being fun once you understand the controls but I felt like a cro-magnon when I tried it. Would take Bang Bead over it anyway

EDIT: Went ahead and loaded up Power Spikes. Good looking, but weird and kind of a snoozefest, wish it played faster.

Last edited:

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I don't know that I would close the door on anything on Neo Geo, even the games I've played that I consciously thought sucked. Like Burning Fight, off the top of my head. I'm not above dropping a credit on it though. Still rather play that than any of the schlock coming out specifically for modern consoles.

On KOF, I feel like you really have to know what you're doing to get into those games. It's been a long, long, long time since I knew what I was doing in any fighting game, so I don't play those much at all these days.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Plz move to " General Discussion" , mods... anyone...?

Rasubosu

Crazed MVS Addict
No keep this in News and Rumors because learning that there are people who suck and don't like the games I like is news to me. I'll be judging and thinking less of them :shame:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
oh, come on. Delta Warp is a great game !

Ha! I had to look it up I didn’t even know it was a puzzle game, I thought it was an RPG.

I can't recall whether I tried some of these games back in the days on neorage emulator or never played them at all. I really could care less about the following games.

2020 Superbaseball
League Bowling (Never played but will someday)
Mahjong games
Joy Joy Kid
Legend of Success Joe
Quiz Games
Top Hunter
Irritating Maze

I recently picked up Top Hunter again as it was on sale on PSN even though I have the mvs cart. I played it again this week still can’t get into it.

League Bowling is awesome, especially when playing with a friend, just a quick pickup and play.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Metal Slug 5. Never bothered. 4 was garbage to me. I really enjoyed 1,2,X,3. Therein the problem.

obviously didn't care about the quiz games or mahjong. Chibi I did play but it's stupid.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
I know you're a real spike-head, but I'm sorry I just don't like Power Spikes 2

lol you good

People not wanting to play Windjammers though? Neo Turf Masters? Top Hunter? Blue's Journey? Money Puzzle Exchanger? Fighter's History Dynamite?!?

I thought this was a Neo-Geo forum. What happened?

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Baseball stars. All of them. Im just not really into baseball. Are the games that good on thier own to sway my opinion? I doubt it.

Rasubosu

Crazed MVS Addict
Baseball stars. All of them. Im just not really into baseball. Are the games that good on thier own to sway my opinion? I doubt it.

I'm not into golf but Neo Turf Masters is fun to me. Also not into horse racing but I kinda like Stakes Winner. I haven't played Baseball Stars 2 or Super Baseball 2020 yet since they're incoming but maybe I'll like them even though I'm not into baseball.

Based on that maybe I'll end up liking Super Sidekicks or something? I dunno.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Hot take: Pleasure Goal is the best football/soccer game on the Neo. Best arcade feeling out of any of the Neo football offerings.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member

I doubt it too, but it’s for sure possible. I never played a baseball game until I went to an event once and some guy had Super Baseball 2020. It’s a top five Neo game for me now and I have my own copy. I don’t know what a batting average is and I have no idea what ERA stands for even now but I love all SNK baseball games.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
I'm not into golf but Neo Turf Masters is fun to me. Also not into horse racing but I kinda like Stakes Winner. I haven't played Baseball Stars 2 or Super Baseball 2020 yet since they're incoming but maybe I'll like them even though I'm not into baseball.

Based on that maybe I'll end up liking Super Sidekicks or something? I dunno.

Stakes Winner would have been another on my list had someone not given me a cart for free.

Maybe I'll give NTM a shot, is it even worth trying alone? Or should I wait to play it with friends?

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Ntm is still a solid game played solo. Im also in the crew of I hate all sports IRL and in almost all games too, but love most of them on neo geo.

Rasubosu

Crazed MVS Addict
Stakes Winner would have been another on my list had someone not given me a cart for free.

Maybe I'll give NTM a shot, is it even worth trying alone? Or should I wait to play it with friends?

I've only ever done solo play on this game because I ain't got no friends. Solid solo sesh, I love playing with myself.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Hot take: Pleasure Goal is the best football/soccer game on the Neo. Best arcade feeling out of any of the Neo football offerings.

Better than Super Sidekicks 3? I gotta check it out then.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Better than Super Sidekicks 3? I gotta check it out then.

It's different. It's like Dunk Dream, where it's street basketball, 5 on 5. This is more of a street soccer, 5 on 5, fast paced with a smaller pitch and a different viewpoint than the Sidekicks series. I find it more engaging to play than the Sidekicks games, but that's me personally.