neo-geo.com origin story?

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
Hey guys, (and especially Rot),

Has some one documented the origin story of neo-geo.com? I joined close to 5 years ago, but this place has been here for way longer than that. I'm interested to know the great story of how this place was born, and how we got to where we are today.

Has this been covered before? Has anything been written?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It happened in 1999 when Shawn bought the domain for ng.c. The story was spilled on dolphilordssnkneogeodomain yahoo club by a scammer who tried to chest puff to Shawn publicly. Around 2000, Shawn opened the original web forums. In 2001, there was a short lived merger with orochinagi.com where gunsmith was one of the mods. It didn't last long and the sites parted ways. Then there was a hack in 2002. Around 2012, the site was under attack by a guy from New Zealand, who some of the mods managed to get thrown in jail and tried for cyber-abuse.

Those are the most important events.

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
Not exactly an easy name to remember, cheers Rot. A quick google image search makes me think he's not quite the looney tune I was thinking of though. To be fair, there's been a few......

:D

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
September 2001, I got my first Neo Geo and joined the forums.

Everything else is just fluff, really.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Not exactly an easy name to remember, cheers Rot. A quick google image search makes me think he's not quite the looney tune I was thinking of though. To be fair, there's been a few......

:D

Are you thinking of gumby?

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
Are you thinking of gumby?

It was a guy who looked like he'd never seen a shower in a while, like an addict you'd see rummaging in trash. His photo pops up now and again, and there was a video he made where he whimpered "I wish I'd never found that place...."?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
It was a guy who looked like he'd never seen a shower in a while, like an addict you'd see rummaging in trash. His photo pops up now and again, and there was a video he made where he whimpered "I wish I'd never found that place...."?

That was DVDxploitr.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
It happened in 1999 when Shawn bought the domain for ng.c. The story was spilled on dolphilordssnkneogeodomain yahoo club by a scammer who tried to chest puff to Shawn publicly. Around 2000, Shawn opened the original web forums. In 2001, there was a short lived merger with orochinagi.com where gunsmith was one of the mods. It didn't last long and the sites parted ways. Then there was a hack in 2002. Around 2012, the site was under attack by a guy from New Zealand, who some of the mods managed to get thrown in jail and tried for cyber-abuse.

Those are the most important events.

Man I remember that on.com merger. It didn't help anything that right before it I had this extremely over bearing avatar of Krauser posting these all CAPS posts to stir shit in their forum. The funniest thing was I did it because I was so ridiculous at the time, the sheer idea of more then one person who had a name based after Krauser might as well been a temple tax to me.

The flames were so lit when they joined and we all wanted to kill each other over roms vs physical copies class warfare. It was like election 2016 or some shit.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Man I remember that on.com merger. It didn't help anything that right before it I had this extremely over bearing avatar of Krauser posting these all CAPS posts to stir shit in their forum. The funniest thing was I did it because I was so ridiculous at the time, the sheer idea of more then one person who had a name based after Krauser might as well been a temple tax to me.

The flames were so lit when they joined and we all wanted to kill each other over roms vs physical copies class warfare. It was like election 2016 or some shit.

It was a clash of cultures exactly as you put it, and for years people felt the same. I definitely sided with the real deal folks and railed against those who had teh r0ms. But I also had the roms too.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
two trannies fucked each other and gave birth to this place

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
It was a clash of cultures exactly as you put it, and for years people felt the same. I definitely sided with the real deal folks and railed against those who had teh r0ms. But I also had the roms too.

Did you rail against yourself then, in an Evil Dead II kind of way? ...then chopped teh rohmz off and replaced them with a modified chainsaw.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Did you rail against yourself then, in an Evil Dead II kind of way? ...then chopped teh rohmz off and replaced them with a modified chainsaw.

Most of NG.com did.. we are an elitist site man.. the "appearance" of supporting romz was WAY worse than owning them...

The only thing I can say about life here is that after 13 years in chat... I do feel my time could've been put to better use...

xROTx

PS. The main thing I remember are times in chat tbh... SURE... I can remember stuff on the forums and all the great threads there have been... but my value on NG.com isn't all about mass spammin':D

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Question for the OGs...was Shawn active on the forums back in the golden era of ng.com?

Ive seen him post a couple times, always about market stuff though. Im curious if he was ever shooting the shit on the forums with the rest of the members, and if so when did he stop?