Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEO-GEO-MVS...590575?hash=item210e49122f:g:kqwAAOSwRLZUCEIP

Guy lists this Bang Progress kit in the title as "FULL MATCHING KIT" yet in the description he states that the label on the cartridge is a repro label without a hologram. Dude is most likely creating fake kits by removing cart labels and replacing them with repros and trying to pass them off as legit. I highly doubt he would have said anything if the original cart didn't come with a holo label and would have tried to pass it off as original.

Last edited:

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEO-GEO-MVS...590575?hash=item210e49122f:g:kqwAAOSwRLZUCEIP

Guy lists this Bang Progress kit in the title as "FULL MATCHING KIT" yet in the description he states that the label on the cartridge is a repro label without a hologram. Dude is most likely creating fake kits by removing cart labels and replacing them with repros and trying to pass them off as legit. I highly doubt he would have said anything if the original cart didn't come with a holo label and would have tried to pass it off as original.

Isn't Bang Progress by default a repro label put on Bang Bead kits?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Yup, this. It was released in EU as Progress and came with a holo label. I have not seen or heard of any holo label fakes so that is a good indicator as well.

All Bang Progress labels are non-holo photocopies:

DSC00711.JPG

Last edited:

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
All Bang Progress labels are non-holo photocopies:

View attachment 36211

The expert has spoken :).

Wyo, do you have any details on Bang Progress? From searching, all I can find is a bunch of indefinite statements. Were these just Bang Beads that had their labels removed and were repurposed with Bang Progress labels? If they are photocopies, then that kit I posted above would be fake, right? Very curious here.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Wasn't a purchase, but my raffle prize from the generous and Super Sexy Awesome mjmjr25! Many thanks,hon!
8EFAE970-40A6-40E9-B81B-954828E0DF10_zpswycfprbj.jpg

Think you meant to post that in the "Recent Purchases" thread :keke:

sylphia

Kuroko's Training Dummy
The expert has spoken :).

Wyo, do you have any details on Bang Progress? From searching, all I can find is a bunch of indefinite statements. Were these just Bang Beads that had their labels removed and were repurposed with Bang Progress labels? If they are photocopies, then that kit I posted above would be fake, right? Very curious here.
As far as I know, all Bang Progress carts have the same serial number (578), and Bang Progress kits have Band Bead artworks. Labels are non-holo, but I do not remember them as being photocopies.
Like Concorde B. Star (relabeled Blazing Star), Bang Progress was supposedly distributed at some point as a new official game. Not by SNK of course, but most probably by some arcade operators.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
As far as I know, all Bang Progress carts have the same serial number (578), and Bang Progress kits have Band Bead artworks. Labels are non-holo, but I do not remember them as being photocopies.
Like Concorde B. Star (relabeled Blazing Star), Bang Progress was supposedly distributed at some point as a new official game. Not by SNK of course, but most probably by some arcade operators.

Oh interesting. Honestly, had no idea about Concorde B. Star either. Thanks for the insight!

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

Maybe not technically photocopies but definitely substandard compared with normal non-holo labels. I have seen such labels on a number of other games, such as Goal! Goal! Goal! My copy of Bang Progress has visible residue from the old label that was removed and replaced. Unfortunately, it appears it was ripped off. Sometimes in situations like this you can carefully remove secondary labels and find original (usually Japanese) labels underneath. My Irritating Maze cart for example, you can see the OG JP label under the OG Eng label :lolz:

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Yeah totally, what an asshole, not a single thing listed for sale. Man, how can people be that selfish?

Wait, what?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Looks like someone backed up over that AES! :eek: