Neo-Geo.com Arcade Cabinet Group Buy Guide and FAQ

Nitsunto

n00b
Excellent FAQ for somebody such as myself! I will be referring to this in the coming days. I just purchased a cabinet and can't wait to pick it up! Hope I kinda get out of noobie hell soon so I can post an introduction for myself and hopefully receive some help from you guys on what I need to do. :lolz:

I'm with you. Haven't purchased yet and have been leaning towards a big red. Can't wait to post to get input.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Greatly appreciate all of the info on here. Just bought my first home and looking forward to getting a couple of candy cabs for the "gaming room".

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Greatly appreciate all of the info on here. Just bought my first home and looking forward to getting a couple of candy cabs for the "gaming room".

the market is very dry around here. In the 3 years Ive been looking, I've yet to see one pop up in Raleigh, and if you go any further out, you'll have to deal with El Chino :(

best of luck in the hunt man.

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
Anyone doing a group buy anytime soon?? Cant find a cabinet locally, been trying calling, searching. would like to get one for me and my daughter... Lmk.. thanks

the7k

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I'm in SC and currently looking to do a group buy for myself and four other guys in SC. Currently just saving up money and plan to make the order in about three months. Coinopexpress good to deal with? Based in China, I'm not going to have to worry about getting knock off cabs, will I?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I'm in SC and currently looking to do a group buy for myself and four other guys in SC. Currently just saving up money and plan to make the order in about three months. Coinopexpress good to deal with? Based in China, I'm not going to have to worry about getting knock off cabs, will I?

You should get in touch with CDamm at windy gaming. You will save yourself a lot of headache.

the7k

Tarma's Gun Polisher
You should get in touch with CDamm at windy gaming. You will save yourself a lot of headache.

I was already directed there by a friend who is buying two from him... but I'm personally planning to buy about 10 cabs just for myself, including a few Versus City ones which I don't think he was selling.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I was already directed there by a friend who is buying two from him... but I'm personally planning to buy about 10 cabs just for myself, including a few Versus City ones which I don't think he was selling.

not right now, but that can be done. i'll shoot you a message.

Gazelle

n00b
Hi all friends.

I wanted to open a new topic for discussion, to answer questions about 2D and 3D video games (mechanical game), arcade genres, game console, and single player mode, off-line.
It seems that previously had a user open and light, but so long as to not remember this, and Habri other. Now I can not habrir new topics in forum neo-geo, but involved in issues that others have already opened. As I can not open a new topic as guest (all forums now required to have a user record, at first, were asking not all, but some); and I see no solution to this issue. As I open it here.

Perhaps some of you, this very position on the issue of the gaming world, can help me with any questions you've dragging on this subject for some time now.

1.1 Are there genres of video games that were born to mechanical 2D game, lateral, vertical and isometric? What might these games.?

- ¿On the contrary, every genre of arcade games, can change Mechanical or 2D game development, other mechanical 3D, if your programmers and designers know that things must change, to adapt to other mechanical 2D 3D ?. And if so, why they do not have all done well? Has been for lack of experience when passing from 2D to 3D mechanical.?

- Are video games 2D, lateral and vertical, are less playable than mechanical 3D mechanical; when lateral and vertical, more limited views; and that such fixed screens do not allow much showmanship and depth; horizotal being videogames and vertical mechanical movement of the past. Therefore, arcade games have ushered in gameplay, 3D?

- Is it true that retro is fashionable at the moment / year.? Remember the past, a new genre.? Does the retro spirit, a style.?

http://www.vandal.net/retro/lo-retro-esta-de-moda

_ Video games lateral, vertical and isométric, tend to disappear in the future, for 3D gameplay; especially whit the Virtual Reality.?

A blog about video games, commented that, "An innovative mechanical or sublime history is necessary to keep them alive in times of new technologies, I imagine much more immersive. Who knows, games you placed at the center of the stage, perhaps by glasses or contact lenses, or downloaded directly to the brain. Technology will make only a few geeks screen choose life, shifting up and down this society. But that will be a new page in history. "Http://eljueguista.wordpress.com/2013/01/02/como-envejecen-los-videojuegos.

Some media argue that "over time, the game will cease to exist and instead be 3D indistinguishable from reality simulations, there will be a virtual reality for people wishing to participate in the only refuge for the nostalgic players will be your PC and emulation software that allow them to relive the "glory days" of the games, while the rest of mankind are slaves of the matrix, or system requirements. "

http://illbethejudgeofthat.wordpress.com/2009/08/05/2d-vs-3d-a-gaming- evolution /

Also on the website of info consoles, talk about the possible future that could have video games.

http: //www.infoconsolas.com/general/pasado-presente-y-futuro-de-los-videojuegos ...

Some fans, in this line, that speak about the future, foresee that different systems coexist until you can do as Matrix and play and receive imputs directly to mind, in which case any other interface will be obsolete.

In this line, he explained, a user by internal mail, forums MeriStation, which "sees that he can do as Shenmue, DOTT or Beyond Good and Evil, where there are classic games in virtual reality. (a play within a play). "

the only thing that could make a significant change would be a revolutionary control. I'm not convinced that came to kill the 2D gameplay, but if there is any possibility that the 2D would definitely die.

Nasic, a user forum game Canal, comments on this idea: "I see no practical creation of minigames with scroll in 3D virtual worlds. It would make sense to introduce you to a virtual 3D environment to get to play a game in 2D, being able to do directly in reality. As a bonus you can, but not as attractive ... "

But Rob_Fer, I commented to propodito the topic "What could be: console virtual reality Hasbro" that "VR is compatible with all kinds of experiences If you want to sit and play with titles in 3rd person or even classic, you can so, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sytBH9vfO9U "This video (Snes9x VRcade-Oculus Rift Gameplay & Review) shows a mario game with a classic platform development, side-scrolling. another video, the user, got me was the following: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wby8pMrYYaM. I kept commenting that "But this and give you the ability to choose your room, the size of your screen, etc or whatever you want.

Anyway with 2D games or 3rd person, at least in the genre VR platforms is quite interesting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HkMGQA7M6s .The chances are very high, does not escape any genre or type game, and if classic games only expands our experience unlimited by the size of your screen or the environment. "

In this line the founder of Oculus said once that 'TVs will not be viable in a few decades'http://www.vandal.net/noticia/1350649871/el-fundador-de-oculus-los-televisores-no-seran-viables-en-unas-decadas/ Contrast, co which explains an article on the subject published on the web Xombit "Will the future virtual reality helmets among home users?" Http://xombit.com/2014/03/futuro-realidad-virtual. Within this line, we also have a curious and interesting video Iron Man 2 Amazing interfaces and holograms https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRi1dmFgRfo, which seems to suggest that in the future, coexist different ways of presenting images moving.

Also the CEO of Take-Two says Oculus Rift most gamers will be limited.http://www.vandal.net/noticia/13506...ue-oculus-rift-se-limitara-a-los-mas-jugones/.

Other media refer to the emergence of a new control interface for 3D mechanical game, will disappear at the lateral and vertical scroll 2D, which would become mechanical in the past.

"The evolution of graphical environment experienced in the last 15 years is not equivalent to changing the interface. Responsible companies today of electronic entertainment platforms Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft have chosen an alternative way: until technology can offer the ultimate interface will stay in their catalogs, plus 3-D video games today, a good bunch of 2-D games, many of them downloadable and produced with low cost by independent-that studies are being genuine successes on different platforms. "http://www.pixfans.com/herederos-de-otra-dimension/

Some fans, on this issue, arguing that the first thing that we should have for this alleged muertede mechanical 2D game is 3D sensations and then a convenient interface that allows us to interact as naturally and accurately as possible in this environment 3D. 'I'm not convinced that came to kill her, but if there is any possibility that the 2D definitely would die that' argued one.

2._ Different generes of video games (plataform, shoot'em up, beat'em´up, run and gun, and fighting Vs), tend to the merger between them, in search of the perfect game, with 'the best of each one' (and incipient trend).; tending to disappear the originals.? Why.?

_ Finally, all of them, from a super genere or an only mixed or hybrid gene video game, looking to make the perfect video game. Gathering them all into a only genere of game, having to do a bit of everything.? Why.?

Escribe texto o la dirección de un sitio web, o bien, traduce un documento.
Quizás quisiste decir: Una vez, leí, en un par de foros de videojuegos, that evolve the way it should be, apart from graphics and aesthetics, playable, as always. Following shoot em up, there has always been playable innovations, for example: Defend and Scramble with scroll -Gradius Defining the style of the predominant genre games with powerups, level design and choice of weapons Darius the selection screen area R-Type with The Force -BlaZeon With the possibility of turning the ship into enemies -Axelay Combining vertical and lateral scroll -The Company Cave with its bullet hell -Radiant Silvergun the distinction of enemies in three colors -etc .... The developments should go in this direction, while preserving the essence of mechanics. If not, it is no longer that evolved arcade, is another thing. In a forum, once commented that "It will be difficult to create new genres simply because there are many created already. The "new" are rather hybrids of existing (as Portal, Borderlands, Catherine or Heavy Rain). "
Once I read in a couple of forums videogame That evolve the way it Should be, apart from graphics and aesthetics, playable, as always. Following shoot'em up, there've Always Been playable innovations, for example:

Defend and Scramble with scroll
-Gradius Defining the style of the predominant genre games with powerups, level design and choice of weapons
Darius the selection screen area
R-Type with The Force
-BlaZeon With The Possibility of turning the ship into enemies
Combining -Axelay side and scroll vertically
Cave -The Company With Its bullet hell
-Radiant Silvergun the distinction of enemies in three colors -etc ....

The Developments Should Go in esta direction, while preserving the essence of mechanics. If not, it is no longer arcade That evolved, is another thing.

In a forum, eleven commented That "It Will Be Difficult to create new genres Simply Because there are many created already. The" new "are rather hybrids of Existing (as Portal, Borderlands, Catherine or Heavy Rain)."

3._And finally therefore their views on the future of desktop gaming consoles. I have read, that these may disappear, and instead served games streaming, as the films at home via internet, with a payment or monthly subscription, and likely to save game in a virtual cloud, to continue another day or time with heading, where before, we had left. Gaikai and OnLive, would be two examples of this idea.

At home we would have a modem, and a port for connecting a gamepads. Some Smart TVs, which have integrated series.

Some people argue that the consoles as we know them today, stay for the music lovers of video games, while the vast majority straming play through, for remote servers and virtual storage cloud.

Is this true, or the business of the physical consoles, could continue in the future?

I've also read that player modes (campaign or offline, off-line, in English mode) could disappear in the future, being replaced by the on-line model. Is this also true.? Why.?

I hope your participation in the subject, and can resolve any questions that come dragging for some time on this issue, with your answers.

Greetings to all. :)

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
product_thumbnail.php

Gazelle

n00b
Resume mode:

I like the arcade's videogames, and I've some dudes obout this world.

1._ Videogames lateral, vertical, and isométrico, tend to disappear un the future, forma 3D gameplay; especial y whit the Virtual Reality.?
_ The mechanical 2D video game, are less playable than 3D.? Why.?
_ Al kinds of arca de videogames' generes, can go from 2D mechanical, another 3D; if its designers and programmers, know that things must change and things and things do not.?
_ The retro videogames is the fashion now.? Remember the pasa, is one style.?

2._ Different Generes of videogames: (platform, shoot'em up, beat'em up, run and gun, and fighting Vs), tend to form mixed generes, whit the mixture of two or more different generes. Tending to disappear the originals.? Why.?
_ Finally, all of them, will forma súper genere por an hybrid genere of videogame, looking to make the perfecto videogame. Gatering them al into a only genere of video game, having to do, a bit of everything.? Why.?

3._ Physical videoconsoles, as reproducir of videogames, tend to disappear to the figure.? Why.?
_ Alzó tend to disappear, the single player mode, off-line, against the computer por CPU.? Why.?

I tope tour participación and you respondes to the questions con this tópicos of discusión that I hace opened un this forum.

Greeting to al.