Neo Geo AES video problem

gtsamour

Twinkle Star Sprite
What do you mean "The cartridge was used and tested OK"?
Did they test it in the shop where you bought the Megadrive and it worked?

salvo85

New Challenger
No sorry for the misundestanding, i wanted to answer your old question, when i bought the game they said me that tested before to send me

gtsamour

Twinkle Star Sprite
No sorry for the misundestanding, i wanted to answer your old question, when i bought the game they said me that tested before to send me
Oh I see.

Well I guess all you can do now is wait for the other game to come. Unless someone else suggests to try something different.

DaisyAge

King's Dry Cleaner
You could try putting in the cart and starting the AES with top case off and then try slightly pressing on chips to see if you get a different result. Whichever chips cause new things to show up you should write down and then try to replace.

salvo85

New Challenger
If i understand correctly you want that i put the cart in the aes without the cover, with only the base support, and press the chips on the two pcb? Is not dangerous for the components?

DaisyAge

King's Dry Cleaner
No press on the chips on your neo geo AES. As long as your fingers are dry its fine. Keep the cart together.

Well, of you do end up swapping the bios, you'd might as well put in the smkdan Diagonstic Bios. I'd be curious to see what it reports back.

salvo85

New Challenger
Hi to everybody,

some upgrades, after more tests on the cartridge i contacted the seller explained all the problems and tests that we did and he onestly ask me to resend him the game and give me back the money because also he thought that the problem was the cartridge, also if he said that he tests the game and worked before send me.
In meanwhile i bought another game Fatal fury Special from another buyer on ebay and arrived today and......
it WORKED!!!
Immediately i insert the cart and start the console it works
I'm so gracefull to your help and support and i'm so very happy that the problem is not the console.
With calm i controlled the new cart and notice that all contacts have the gold electric contact and are all clean.
I'm so very happy to have this wonderfull fun machine now the next step is buy games but the problem is MONEY!!! they are very expensive (i have also the neo geo CD and the games are more cheap in compare).
I think to buy a MVS to AES converter to save money on the MVS cart, do you use some converter? do you have experience?

Thaks all

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
Hi,

i successfull open the cartridge and i see this:

View attachment 46767View attachment 46768View attachment 46769View attachment 46770View attachment 46771

as you can see everywhere the contact seems ruined (lost the golden contact) so i presume that whe i insert the cart in the console there isn't the correct contact and the correct transmission among them.
You can confirm this theory? if yes you have any idea if it is repairable?

thanks
If that's how the cart was when you opened it, no wonder why it wasn't working. The PROG and CHAR boards were swapped. When you open an AES/MVS cart, you'll either see the top of the PROG board or the bottom of the CHAR board. If you see the top of the CHAR board then the PCBs were swapped.

DaisyAge

King's Dry Cleaner
Lmfao Xian Xi always dropping the knowledge. Three pages and this guy is the only one to notice that the boards are swapped. Try it out and let us know if that fixes it.

salvo85

New Challenger
If that's how the cart was when you opened it, no wonder why it wasn't working. The PROG and CHAR boards were swapped. When you open an AES/MVS cart, you'll either see the top of the PROG board or the bottom of the CHAR board. If you see the top of the CHAR board then the PCBs were swapped.
Seriosly?!?!? When i open first time the cart i did some photos to help me to close after clean so i can confirm that the two board were in that wrong position.
I don't have the cart because i return it. But i don't understand the buyer that said me that it works before he send me......

Thank for the support

gtsamour

Twinkle Star Sprite
Seriosly?!?!? When i open first time the cart i did some photos to help me to close after clean so i can confirm that the two board were in that wrong position.
I don't have the cart because i return it. But i don't understand the buyer that said me that it works before he send me......

Thank for the support
Well don't believe everything a seller says, this experience proves my point. If this asshole had indeed tried the cart he would have saved you all the trouble and heartache, and you wouldn't have bought a megadrive because of it (you should have bought one anyway but for a different reason).
Anyways, I'm happy for you, enjoy your new aes. As for games yes they are expensive but... There are options out there if you dont care for originals like the 168 in 1 cart.